Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120
Results 3,571 to 3,584 of 3584

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Ys put out a hack and slash game? I thought it was a RPG series at its core?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Finally installed Alien Isolation with plans to only play the dlcs which are based on the first movie.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Ys put out a hack and slash game? I thought it was a RPG series at its core?
    It is...Origins is an action RPG for sure. The way I run through it with my axe, I play it like a hack and slash

I've only played a bit of Ys VIII besides Origins. I'll need to get back into that...perhaps after I finish Origins. But my backlog...sigh...just keeps growing. Legend of Mana is something I'm looking forward to and also will be on the backlog.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Finally installed Alien Isolation with plans to only play the dlcs which are based on the first movie.
    No plans to play the main story?? Or have you already, because if not... You're missing out.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I read about it being a rather frustrating experience playing the main game. So I figured shitting my pants for two hours at a time rather than 20 has to be enough.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I've been enjoying Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection and Capcom Arcade Stadium since they both finally made it to Steam. I'm not sure of the stigma attached to these titles since they were seemingly released on Switch first, but they both play excellent on PC.

There are plans to add more games to CAS, and I'd love to see Cannon Spike, Gun.Smoke, and Hyper Dyne: Side Arms. There's obvious Beat 'em Up's I'd like to see added as well, but those are probably stuck in licensing hell based on the amount of mobile ports, etc., that exist.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    I read about it being a rather frustrating experience playing the main game. So I figured shitting my pants for two hours at a time rather than 20 has to be enough.
    Hmm... I found it to be exhilarating. It did drag a bit at the end, but you will more than satisfied if you stick with it.

Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I've been enjoying Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection and Capcom Arcade Stadium since they both finally made it to Steam. I'm not sure of the stigma attached to these titles since they were seemingly released on Switch first, but they both play excellent on PC.
    It's really just because PC gamers are an entitled vocal minority that doesn't appreciate when stuff is actually released on the platform that funded its creation before they pirate it and then ruin all online discussion about anything related to anything

As soon as a game is ported to PC, the discussion changes from "wow, this is really a magical experience isn't it, with some really adorable plot moments that really work in amazing ways...." and it turns into "yeah noob but you're playing it on a shitbox with shitty FPS and if it weren't for you console dicks we'd have this thing rocking with all the good graphics... slurp... burp... fart... have you seen that the guys who made it admitted the mod made by some dude in Oklahoma makes the game better than their official release? Jesus, and you expect me to pay for this shit? I bet the only reason it's taking them so long to update this game is because they employ women."

And really, I don't get why that happens.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-02-2021 at 11:25 PM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    It's really just because PC gamers are an entitled vocal minority that doesn't appreciate when stuff is actually released on the platform that funded its creation before they pirate it and then ruin all online discussion about anything related to anything

As soon as a game is ported to PC, the discussion changes from "wow, this is really a magical experience isn't it, with some really adorable plot moments that really work in amazing ways...." and it turns into "yeah noob but you're playing it on a shitbox with shitty FPS and if it weren't for you console dicks we'd have this thing rocking with all the good graphics... slurp... burp... fart... have you seen that the guys who made it admitted the mod made by some dude in Oklahoma makes the game better than their official release? Jesus, and you expect me to pay for this shit? I bet the only reason it's taking them so long to update this game is because they employ women."

And really, I don't get why that happens.
    I was just talking about some retro games, not Cyberpunk 2077. You're being the thing you hate.

My computer is from 2014 and can't even run World of Warcraft at 1080p, since it seems to matter to you.

Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I was just talking about some retro games, not Cyberpunk 2077. You're being the thing you hate.

My computer is from 2014 and can't even run World of Warcraft at 1080p, since it seems to matter to you.
    no, I’m not being the thing I hate here, trust me, though re-reading what I said I get how my rant could come across that way, and it wasn’t my intent. I actually feel like I convoluted some irritation from another, completely unrelated discussion into my response, and if it sounded like that I apologize
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-03-2021 at 10:43 AM.

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)

So fucking hard but so fun.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Finally finished Persona 5 Strikers, i really REALLY enjoyed this game! Not nearly as much as i enjoyed Sophia though, what an absolute delight of a character! Moved now onto Persona 4 Golden.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

So fucking hard but so fun.

yeah it’s fantastic. The only thing I wish they did was the double jump function they had in super Ghouls and Goblins.

Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    I get so nostalgic for some of those Ghosts 'n Goblins classic enemy designs. The aesthetic in that series has always been incredible. I especially love the floating suits of armor with the shields. It kinda reminds me of the Haunted Mansion from Disneyland, but with a comic book twist.