Page 30 of 99 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 900 of 2963

Thread: What are you playing?

  1. #871
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    507
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)


    Bought Valkyria Chronicles the other day. I am about to start playing this. I'm also going through my neutral path in SMTIV. I'm going to be booked with games for awhile. I also bought Devil Summoner: Raidou Vs. The Soulless Army and Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2.

  2. #872
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    735
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Going to go against the grain a bit with VC.. I loved the first few missions, and its a beautiful game, but I got to one boss fight and I was so stuck I never finished it. One day I might give it another go.

  3. #873
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,325
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Putting off finishing FFVI and have been switching back and forth between Splinter Cell and Heavenly Sword (which gets annoying at times).

  4. #874
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    507
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    Going to go against the grain a bit with VC.. I loved the first few missions, and its a beautiful game, but I got to one boss fight and I was so stuck I never finished it. One day I might give it another go.
    Me and a friend of mine keep going back and forth saying which is better, Persona 3 or Valkyria Chronicles. He's never played P3 and I've never played VC so we both went out and got the other. He picked up P3:FES on PSN and I just went to Gamestop and bought VC. Still quite expensive for an old PS3 game (24 bucks).

  5. #875
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,239
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    it's too bad that Valkyria Chronicles bombed so badly in the US. They never even localized the second sequel for PSP.

    I'm still playing Dragon's Crown, and I still think it's great. At first I laughed off the accusations of sexism, because it's ludicrous and intentionally over-the-top all across the board. I saw it as a Japanese stylized mashup of D&D and comics like Heavy Metal... so outrageously oversized "sexy" absurdist cartooniness is great. If huge oversized cartoony "boobs everywhere" is objectifying women in some damaging way, maybe we're getting a little too sensitive.

    And then I got to the part where you "discover a half naked woman tied down in chains" cutscene, and all the other players online started using their cursors to "poke" her boobs and vaginal area... which actually causes the woman to moan while the text box says she complains... sort of.

    uh.... what. the. fuck? I'm not hypersensitive, and I still think everyone is "missing the point" to a certain extent here, and the things that most people are getting all outraged about are completely being blown out of proportion (pun intended). But that? That was just fucked up.

    And how exactly did this game get a Teen rating?

  6. #876
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
    Posts
    917
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

    And then I got to the part where you "discover a half naked woman tied down in chains" cutscene, and all the other players online started using their cursors to "poke" her boobs and vaginal area... which actually causes the woman to moan while the text box says she complains... sort of.
    Holy fuck. Shit like this is the reason I don't call myself a gamer anymore and am kind of embarassed about having a hobby in common with those who think this shit is okay.

    I also kind of feel retroactively embarrassed for having enjoyed Odin Sphere so much...

  7. #877
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,239
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    there's nothing wrong with liking Odin Sphere. It's a great game. And I love Vanillaware... I still do.
    But amidst all this debate about sexism with this game, the only moment I found objectionable was so shocking that I'm wondering if it's just the result of a massive (but probably casual) oversight on behalf of a designer who is either maliciously sexist or shockingly oblivious.

    At the same time, I have to insist, the game is very good, and maybe the best game of its kind.

  8. #878
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Posts
    608
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Picked up Injustice: Gods Among Us for the PS3, it also came with Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe. Which I think was cool. Being a big fan of superhero's all my life I've wanted this game for a while and finally got around to doing so. The story is great so far I think. Can't wait to play as supes. Heh. I highly recommend you play Injustice if you like fighters and/or the DC characters.

  9. #879
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    735
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    if you couldn't tell I've been toying with Ps+ games I've downloaded and not played.. getting well into Xcom.. feel dumb for not playing it sooner! It kinda got buryed last year, but boy its bringing back memories of when I would stay up all night playing Terror From the Deep.

  10. #880
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    279
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Beat Mark Of The Ninja and Limbo this weekend and am now on my way through Lone Survivor. Indie games have been doing it for me lately.

  11. #881
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,239
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    playing Tales of Xillia, and while I'm glad they brought this out here, and I'm sure I'll like it, for fuck sake, learn something from Dark Souls. NOBODY wants to start a game with a long uninteresting plot. We probably never did, but back then we didn't have a choice.

    In Skyrim, you're about to get your head cut off and a dragon shows up. Boom, end of intro.

    In Dark Souls, uh, if you go left you die if you go right you (might) live.

    in this... fuck, I don't even know who I'm supposed to talk to about what I don't care about, but man, this kind of thing needs to go away. I DO NOT CARE.

  12. #882
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,239
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    So this is addressing more or less what my issue was with Dragon's Crown

    I'm not sure if I overreacted at first, but it's still my only real gripe with the game.

  13. #883
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,932
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Just picked up Star Wars: The Old Republic. LET'S DO THIS THING.

  14. #884
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    420
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

  15. #885
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    735
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I shouldn't name my Xcom soldiers after the cast of Community.. Britta Britta'd it up in her first mission and got killed... I'm loving this game though.. Terror Zones are so hard!

  16. #886
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,218
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    So, I'm still currently playing and destroying Asura's Wrath. I completed the DLC episode pack (Part IV Nirvana) and since my Xbox Live Rewards points gave me 160 MSP, I decided to get Lost Episode 1...holy fucking shit. I like fighting games but that mission mode is goddamn difficult as fuck. Defeating Ryu in 40 seconds or less is a pain in the fucking ass. I must've failed that shit for over half an hour. I finally beat all missions though and got the achievement. I dread trying to do the missions against Akuma in Lost Episode 2. I hear/read it's even worse.

    I highly recommend Asura's Wrath otherwise if you haven't played it.

    Off topic, I was looking at BlazBlue: Continuum Shift and wondering if it's worth it. Anyone have it?
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 08-08-2013 at 07:54 PM.

  17. #887
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,932
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    EA Games can officially eat every last shit I take for the rest of the year. I just purchased Battlefield 3 at Best Buy, and all I want to do is play it, single player first, and this is the all time worst game experience I've ever gone through. I started my install attempt 2 hours ago.

    First Origin (EA's version of Steam, for those who don't know) installed but then wouldn't update (shutting itself down every time until I could find the solution).

    Then, as with all games these days, it seems, the install DVDs did their thing while files were downloaded from the interweb. Oh, this is AFTER I had to sign up for Origin's service and re-download Origin...

    Then BF3 started updating, like 30min ago, and is up to 45%. At the same time, when I clicked the icon for BF3 on my desktop, it didn't so much launch as take me to Battlelog on battlefield.com, where I tried to start a campaign and it told me it wouldn't start until I downloaded the browser plugin, then said "You need to install the game first" as though I was a fucking simpleton.

    I have vowed, now, to never purchase another fucking EA product, forever.

  18. #888
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
    Posts
    917
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

    Off topic, I was looking at BlazBlue: Continuum Shift and wondering if it's worth it. Anyone have it?

    I own both Calamity Trigger (the original I believe) and Continuum Shift. I haven't played CT in a while so I'm not too sure about the differences, but BlazBlue is great in general. YMMV, of course, but it's the best 2D fighter series I've played in a long time. It's pretty easy to get into but quite deep at the same time. Every character on the roster plays very differently and there are no "clones" IIRC. Visuals are crazy awesome. There's tons of single player content. The story mode has a "choose you own adventure" gimmick that determines who you fight next with several endings for each character depending on which "choices" you made. I didn't pay overly much attention to the story scenes so I can't comment on the quality but there's lots of cringeworthy silliness in some character paths.

  19. #889
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    643
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Dragon's Crown <3

  20. #890
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,218
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    I own both Calamity Trigger (the original I believe) and Continuum Shift. I haven't played CT in a while so I'm not too sure about the differences, but BlazBlue is great in general. YMMV, of course, but it's the best 2D fighter series I've played in a long time. It's pretty easy to get into but quite deep at the same time. Every character on the roster plays very differently and there are no "clones" IIRC. Visuals are crazy awesome. There's tons of single player content. The story mode has a "choose you own adventure" gimmick that determines who you fight next with several endings for each character depending on which "choices" you made. I didn't pay overly much attention to the story scenes so I can't comment on the quality but there's lots of cringeworthy silliness in some character paths.
    Thanks for the input and two cents. I just might pick it up. I like fighters so should be good.

    It's long overdue and such but I started my playthrough of Classic Mode on Dead Space 3 yesterday. Pleasantly smooth so far and I'm at Chapter 11 with only about 3 deaths clocked so far. I hate to do the probe part inside the Nexus with the Feeders. I had an issue with that on normal mode. T_T

  21. #891
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    2,171
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I'm a really big fan of fighting games but I have two problems:

    I don't have any IRL friends who play them.
    I am terrible at them!

    This basically tanks the replay value of any fighting game I have hopelessly bought over the years. Online play is like a brickwall unless you are some how amazing at these things.

    Until now!

    I've just decided to stick it out and pick a hardcore fighting game to try and play. I chose: Persona 4 Arena, because I love Persona 4, and because of all the fighting games I can choose to try, Persona 4 Arena​ is by far the most intimidating. It's ridiculously deep, and most players online rape you in seconds. Trying to get good with Yukiko and then Elizabeth.

  22. #892
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,218
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I'm a really big fan of fighting games but I have two problems:

    I don't have any IRL friends who play them.
    I am terrible at them!

    This basically tanks the replay value of any fighting game I have hopelessly bought over the years. Online play is like a brickwall unless you are some how amazing at these things.

    Until now!

    I've just decided to stick it out and pick a hardcore fighting game to try and play. I chose: Persona 4 Arena, because I love Persona 4, and because of all the fighting games I can choose to try, Persona 4 Arena​ is by far the most intimidating. It's ridiculously deep, and most players online rape you in seconds. Trying to get good with Yukiko and then Elizabeth.
    That's the same with me, though for the sucking part that's not me. I'm actually pretty good and skilled at fighting games and can do some crazy ass shit and combos but online I pretty much get owned every match all the time regardless. It sucks big time and is a huge discouragement. I'm sorry to those who preach it but playing single player AI and doing tutorials/challenges/missions doesn't have squat for helping you against people online.

    I've had interest in Persona 4 Arena but its price has always kinda turned me off. It still isn't cheap enough for me to get either. My go to fighting game was always Tekken. Always diverse, deep and well made. To me, the series is the best fighter ever made. I really like Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom but I'm just terrible against other people. Online with Tekken, I can usually hold my own and win a lot of the time.

  23. #893
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    2,171
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    It's a lot of fun... but it feels nothing like Tekken, actually. It couldn't be more different, being much, much faster.

    I'm actually pretty good on the couch. That's actually part of the problem. I'll wreck my buddies at home to the point where they don't want to play any more, which boosts my ego, and then I go online and can't cut butter. apparently the internet exclusively houses professional players, who may as well be the characters they portray.

  24. #894
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Scotland.
    Posts
    257
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Max Payne 3. It's so repetetive, but it's so good!
    And Super Meat Boy. That game is so hard it's almost cruel.

  25. #895
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    507
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I'm a really big fan of fighting games but I have two problems:

    I don't have any IRL friends who play them.
    I am terrible at them!

    This basically tanks the replay value of any fighting game I have hopelessly bought over the years. Online play is like a brickwall unless you are some how amazing at these things.

    Until now!

    I've just decided to stick it out and pick a hardcore fighting game to try and play. I chose: Persona 4 Arena, because I love Persona 4, and because of all the fighting games I can choose to try, Persona 4 Arena​ is by far the most intimidating. It's ridiculously deep, and most players online rape you in seconds. Trying to get good with Yukiko and then Elizabeth.
    Are you on PS3? If so we should play sometime. I haven't played P4A since March I believe when I was trying to platinum it. I got as far as I could beating 300 challenges in Challenge Mode and beat Score Attack with Yu.

  26. #896
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    2,171
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    Are you on PS3? If so we should play sometime. I haven't played P4A since March I believe when I was trying to platinum it. I got as far as I could beating 300 challenges in Challenge Mode and beat Score Attack with Yu.
    OK! if youve gotten that far it could be a slaughter, but Im up for it. We had such a hard time connecting for MK, so Im not sure that it will work, but the net code in Persona is just obviously better. If you see me on PSN just shoot me an invite!

  27. #897
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    507
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    OK! if youve gotten that far it could be a slaughter, but Im up for it. We had such a hard time connecting for MK, so Im not sure that it will work, but the net code in Persona is just obviously better. If you see me on PSN just shoot me an invite!
    I usually pick random when playing online. My main is Akihibro. I used to main Yu but once I played around other characters, Aki fit perfectly. It also helps that he's one of my favorites from P3 lol.

    I actually don't think I have you on PSN. What's your username and I'll add you.

    EDIT: Never mind, I do have you on there! I really need to clean out my PSN friends list. There's people on mine that haven't logged on in over a year.
    Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 08-12-2013 at 04:56 PM.

  28. #898
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,218
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Just beat Classic Mode of Dead Space 3. Now I can go be a jackass with the Devil Horns.


  29. #899
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    259
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Dota. Nothing but Dota. All the Dotas.

  30. #900
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    since it free right now I am playing Hitman: Absolution.

Posting Permissions