Page 84 of 129 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 3844

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I recently got back into playing the Witcher 3, I don't remember why I got out of it at first either. Since I've started playing it again I've played it for a week non-stop. It's probably my favorite game ever now. It's crazy how there is so much depth in this game. I'm really looking forward to getting the expansion passes. Ugh...so good.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Been toying with the idea of getting a PS4 with either Nioh, Bloodborne, or Dark Souls III. Any recommendations on which one would be best to go with? Loved both Demon’s and Dark Souls on PS3.
    Bloodborne hands down...then DS3 or Nioh (I liked both but not as much as Bloodborne).

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid View Post
    Siep, a mighty 961 blood gnome!
    False advertisement! You're 962!

I just renewed my subscription last Thursday. I missed Tomb and the latest raid so I'm playing catch up. I'm guessing by your M+15 runs that you have a regular group you play with; that's really all you need these days.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

cleaned up our guest room and completely re-arranged everything now that our friend jon moved out and bought our extra bed. turned it into a gaming & exercise room. really lucky that the CRT has component video, since the ps2, wii, & blu-ray player will be connected as such (need to grab an input switch). the NES, SNES, N64, & gamecube will all be on composite a/v (also need to grab an input switch for those).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The remaster of Shadow of the Colossus is the first thing I've put any real effort into.. downed the first three.
    It's stunning to look at, but at the same time, everything being so crisp actually makes the world feel quite small... maybe its just those first few Colossi.. anyway.. not the be too down on it.. It's still one of my fav games ever and it feels that little bit more friendly to play, I've always felt the controls were part of the experience (feel free to tut and call bullshit on that) so wrestling buttons as you cling to a giant stone fur beast is just that little bit more tactile. The camera does still freak out a bit, but really, its very good for what you are actually doing in the game. It also reminded me that The Last Guardian, janky tho it was, is still another fav from the last few years and I want to play it again, but alas.. time..

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I've been playing a shit ton of Axiom Verge, this game is amazing! I just got my snazzy new trenchcoat.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Lately I've been on a "bite-sized", story-oriented game run. Firewatch, Tacoma, and Asemblance, plus Soma, which is a lot longer of course. Soma reminds me of Moon reimagined as gritty horror. Great game though, easily in my top 10. And I'm back into Warframe pretty heavy again.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Lately I've been on a "bite-sized", story-oriented game run. Firewatch, Tacoma, and Asemblance, plus Soma, which is a lot longer of course. Soma reminds me of Moon reimagined as gritty horror. Great game though, easily in my top 10. And I'm back into Warframe pretty heavy again.
    I thought SOMA was amazing too.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm about half way through Trails of Cold Steel and i'm really impressed with how well written it is. All the characters are likeable, even the twats! And the battle system is pretty fun.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Super Mario Odyssey is a charming delight. The character designs are super-creative and off the wall. I’m getting a psychedelic kick out of possessing bad guys and objects.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

cleaned up our guest room and completely re-arranged everything now that our friend jon moved out and bought our extra bed. turned it into a gaming & exercise room. really lucky that the CRT has component video, since the ps2, wii, & blu-ray player will be connected as such (need to grab an input switch). the NES, SNES, N64, & gamecube will all be on composite a/v (also need to grab an input switch for those).
    Nice choice, Super Metroid is one of the best games ever made.

You should look into getting a SCART cable for the SNES, I have one for mine along with a box that converts the signal to component and on CRTs it looks UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE. Best investment for a video game console ive ever made.

Speaking of best games ever, ive been playing Borderlands 2 again, having not really touched it since the first Destiny came out. What a rewarding game to play, i feel bad for forgetting how awesome it is!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Had a kick to listen to some game music at work, found a youtube channel with Neir Automata and have been listening to this nonstop for the last 4 hours...there's still and hours worth of music left too, this OST is just SO GOOD!

Might try and find a channel with Bloodbornes OST tomorrow.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I was pretty stressed out this past week and needed a break from everything...so I went full nostalgic and replayed Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I may like it more than Super Metroid...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Had a kick to listen to some game music at work, found a youtube channel with Neir Automata and have been listening to this nonstop for the last 4 hours...there's still and hours worth of music left too, this OST is just SO GOOD!

Might try and find a channel with Bloodbornes OST tomorrow.
    It's too bad that they don't make video game music like they used to, besides the Souls series and Nier. That soundtrack is pretty damn good.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I was pretty stressed out this past week and needed a break from everything...so I went full nostalgic and replayed Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I may like it more than Super Metroid...
    somehow i've never played a castlevania game (despite being a huge metroid fan). guessing i should get on that?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    somehow i've never played a castlevania game (despite being a huge metroid fan). guessing i should get on that?
    None of them? Including the NES ones? Holy shit.

Yeah definitely try Symphony of the Night, or the GBA/DS Castlevania games. It's probably my favorite video game series.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Yeah.... uh.... holy shit play Symphony of the Night. Right now... just do it. Stop whatever it is you're doing and play Symphony of the Night.

I'm playing Undertale. This game is hilarious.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I remember Simon's Quest being a pretty formative experience for me as a young child and probably had a big influence on the kinds of games and I would continue to enjoy over the years.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Do not pass up Castlevania IV on SNES. That one and Symphony of the Night are my favorites from the series.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Symphony of the Night is a must play. If you don't know about the story line, I won't give any spoilers, but something REALLY cool happens midway through the game. It blew my mind when I played it the first time, and still does.

Lately, I've been playing Dragon Quest VIII on the PS2. Been getting back into RPGs. On the 2ds I've been playing Etrain Odyssey V and Bravely Second, along with Dragon Quest IV.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Symphony of the Night is a must play. If you don't know about the story line, I won't give any spoilers, but something REALLY cool happens midway through the game. It blew my mind when I played it the first time, and still does.

Lately, I've been playing Dragon Quest VIII on the PS2. Been getting back into RPGs. On the 2ds I've been playing Etrain Odyssey V and Bravely Second, along with Dragon Quest IV.
    I've been playing Dragon Quest XI, you're gonna love this game when it finally comes out in the west. It's magical.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I've been playing Dragon Quest XI, you're gonna love this game when it finally comes out in the west. It's magical.
    can't wait! I just got Dragon Quest VIII a few months ago, really my 2nd or 3rd ever RPG and it is a literal game changer for me. I'm obsessed with the game and the series now, and RPGs in general which I was not fond of when I was younger besides some of FFVII and a bit of Lunar Silver Star Story

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Civilization VI has my brain right now. I dream of hexes, man. Rise and Fall in particular is a pretty neat expansion. It's not perfect yet, but one more expansion and this will be my personal ultimate Civ game. I wish this forum was a bit more active than it is, otherwise I'm sure I'd be geeking out with a few of ya in a Civ thread.

I'm also involved in Overwatch quite a bit. I'm an avid OWL fan (LA Gladiators are my team right now, at least until we get something to represent the midwestern US), and I participate in Battlefy's After Hours Gaming League where different companies form teams to play every Saturday. My team just beat Hulu last week, which was kinda neat!

I tried to play Tacoma the other day after a 50% sale, but the intro was really laggy and slow on my computer for some reason. I loved Gone Home, so I trust I'll eventually find my way back to this one.

Also working on Prey, still. They should've called it System Shock 3. Easily recommendable in the same vein as that series.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    can't wait! I just got Dragon Quest VIII a few months ago, really my 2nd or 3rd ever RPG and it is a literal game changer for me. I'm obsessed with the game and the series now, and RPGs in general which I was not fond of when I was younger besides some of FFVII and a bit of Lunar Silver Star Story
    I'm a huge fan of JRPGs... Lunar 2 Eternal Blue is one of my favorite games.
    Suikoden 2 is incredible too. I'm a broken record on that one. It's maybe the best JRPG of all time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I bought Super Mario Odyssey out of nostalgia for the series. Holy fuck have things taken a nosedive. The game feels like development was rushed. The NPCs are annoying as hell....especially the voices.

I guess I'm just too old for Mario now..this game seems geared towards children. Possessing enemies and objects is a great idea, but I feel it could have been used in a much deeper way. I'm too old to be searching for power moons and collecting coins to buy cute suits.

As for Breath of the Wild...amazing game hampered by too few enemy types, repetitive temples and a terrible storyline and ending.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    speaking of Switch games, has anyone seen WWE 2K18 on it? Holy crap is it AWFUL. At times it literally moves at a snail's pace! It's laughable. If you want to laugh, seriously, check out some videos on youtube of it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Yeah.... uh.... holy shit play Symphony of the Night. Right now... just do it. Stop whatever it is you're doing and play Symphony of the Night.

I'm playing Undertale. This game is hilarious.
    i don't seem to own any systems on which it's playable except a PS1, and i'm guessing i'm not going to be able to find a copy :/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    i don't seem to own any systems on which it's playable except a PS1, and i'm guessing i'm not going to be able to find a copy :/
    What systems do you have? You can always emulate it too...

It should be on Xbox Live and PS Store as well.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    What systems do you have? You can always emulate it too...

It should be on Xbox Live and PS Store as well.
    i have all nintendo systems, a PS1, a PS2, and a PS3 (but i don't know if the PS store works on it). i'll check it out! thanks <3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Sooooo Bloodborne is one of PSN Plus's Free Games of the month. Ratchet and Clank PS4 is also.