Page 100 of 129 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 3844

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    With PS5 around the corner I really hope they continue with VR, if not I might consider setting up a computer rig.
    I'm pretty sure I read that PS5 will have an updated VR headset. Hoping it's wireless and they come up with something better than the Move controllers, although the AIM controller really helps with shooting games.

I have Doom VR but haven't checked it out, Borderlands 2 VR is a lot of fun. I'm pumped for the No Man's Sky update on Wednesday that is adding VR, apparently it's incredible.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Rush of Blood and Moss are worth checking out too for VR. Also Astro Bot is supposedly great. I have it but haven’t had a chance to try it yet

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Ion fury

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Rush of Blood and Moss are worth checking out too for VR. Also Astro Bot is supposedly great. I have it but haven’t had a chance to try it yet
    I need to try Moss (on my Valve Index), I've heard good things.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I'm on my 6th 100% playthrough of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. It's a shame that this game is probably going to flounder and die because of a terrible Switch port. X-Box still does not have the Iga's Backpack DLC. The GOG version has been flawless since the 1.09 update (no headless Miriam glitch; items no longer get stuck on surfaces). I have no doubt there will be new content in the future, but I have no faith in all of the stretch goals being fulfilled.

Just a little frustration venting...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I'm on my 6th 100% playthrough of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. It's a shame that this game is probably going to flounder and die because of a terrible Switch port. X-Box still does not have the Iga's Backpack DLC. The GOG version has been flawless since the 1.09 update (no headless Miriam glitch; items no longer get stuck on surfaces). I have no doubt there will be new content in the future, but I have no faith in all of the stretch goals being fulfilled.

Just a little frustration venting...
    The team said they were gonna fix the Unlock All Achievements Achievement for Xbox One since it's broken.

It's still broken a month later after them addressing it. Broken since launch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Division 2. Got it on PS Store sale and am loving it waaaay more than I thought I would. In the end game and am considering DLC, though it's pretty pricey (EDIT: Apparently, it's really not worth it, so says the community. So nah). So I went and got the original for 10 bucks. Good, but 2 is much better, IMHO.
    Last edited by artdeco; 08-25-2019 at 06:45 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Dark Souls Remastered and Omega Quintet are DONE, now to finally finish Pokemon Lets Go and then i can...i can actually buy some new games! I wonder what's coming out

*checks the release schedule*

...well fuck, there goes all my free time! *Deep Breath* Astral Chain, River City Girls, Borderlands 3, Code Vain, Trails of Cold Steel 3, Outer Worlds, Pokemon Sword and Shield, Star Wars, Doom Eternal...and that's just the one's i've been excited for

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    The team said they were gonna fix the Unlock All Achievements Achievement for Xbox One since it's broken.

It's still broken a month later after them addressing it. Broken since launch.
    They haven't even started backer rewards yet, was supposed to be mid August (like the Xbox patch), and now it's the end of September. The Switch version was a mistake; they are changing or completely removing visual effects at this point. I understand that the Switch version is/was the best-selling version. FWIW, here's an excerpt from the latest Kickstarter update:

As mentioned in the last update, the bulk of our development resources are still being put into the major Switch update. We don’t have an ETA to share with you on the full revamp, but we are on track to deliver on our internal dates.

One of the things the team is doing now is going through the game and identifying visual effects that are slowing things down. Where possible, we have optimized or replaced effects with ones that aren't as impactful, but visually look the same.

Once the revamp is made public, you'll see effects that are more clear and won’t drag down the framerate. We have a lot more of these kind of improvements in progress, with tons of work being done on input delay, stability, and more, but we felt that it was important to give you an idea of what's being worked on.

Xbox 1 Update 1.006 is looking to arrive by last week of September and will include:

• IGA’s Backpack DLC
    • Balance Update #1: Details Here
    • Overlord achievement fix
    • HDR Fix
    • Localization improvements
    • XB1-specific bug fixes

That’s the stuff coming in the near future. We are still working on updates for all platforms, bugs, additional content, etc. We will provide updates to you as each element is closer to release.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Final Fantasy VIII remastered. This game has aged in a really unique way, it's almost outside of whether that's "good" or "bad"

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Wipeout Omega PSVR is utterly phenomenal. I've not been this thrilled playing in years. Hurtling along SOL in virtual reality is a dream come true.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    the Celeste expansion was released today! haven't had a chance to download it and try it out as i was exploring the new SNES library on the switch, but i'm very​ excited.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I bought a thing....

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    cross-posted in the nintendo thread but relevant here too!

bought this 8bitdo SF30PRO controller last week and it's honestly one of the best $40 purchases i've ever made. (they have a bunch of different versions of their controllers but this one had the best reviews and i love the way it looks, as i've always been a huge fan of the super famicom system design (not that the SNES looks bad, i love it))

if you play platformers on ANY system (it'll work with any modern console that uses bluetooth controllers, and it charges with a USB-C cable (included)) it makes such a huge difference having a proper D-pad, and buttons that aren't teeny tiny. i can't tell you how many times my thumb would wear out from using the fake d-pad on the joycon while playing celeste.

this thing is amazing.

and because it has both sets of L+R buttons, as well as a button that gets used as "home" (and another that on the switch is the "screenshot" button), there are literally no games it won't work for. that said, it's a little difficult to play smash bros. with it because you can't use the d-pad.

but it was perfect for mortal kombat 11, which we picked up over the weekend along with mario maker 2 (we both had gift certificates from our leftover thinkgeek points)! been playing some of both of those as well as finally trying out some of the b-sides in celeste which are so fucking hard but so rewarding when you beat them!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Remnant: From the Ashes is a great co-op game... it's basically Dark Souls w/ Uncharted combat

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I played the Code Vein Demo and i have now Pre-ordered, VERY much looking forward to this, the Demo was good!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I played the Code Vein Demo and i have now Pre-ordered, VERY much looking forward to this, the Demo was good!
    That's good to hear. I played an early version of it at E3, back before they redesigned the game to have actual multiplayer, and I was pretty underwhelmed... but I also realized it wasn't anywhere near done at that point.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    That's good to hear. I played an early version of it at E3, back before they redesigned the game to have actual multiplayer, and I was pretty underwhelmed... but I also realized it wasn't anywhere near done at that point.
    Oh yeah it has changed ALOT from the early builds. The combat won't please some Dark Souls fans (it borrows a load from DS but the combat still feels somewhat hack and slash and less refined) but i enjoyed the hell out of what i played.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    CODE VEIN ARRIVES TODAY!

I've been really active in the demo with the character creation, it's bloody marvellous!

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Code Vein is like someone at Bandai Namco went "this person, this Haysey, let's make him a game. What do they like? Dark Souls, Bloodborne? Lets throw that in there. Some JRPG/Hack and Slash stuff, sure put that in there. Super detailed anime character creator? Sure make it as deep as possible. Make the story and characters as ANIME as we can? Sure thing Sempai!"

I bloody LOVE it!

A post shared by on

It took SOOOOO long to get those gears lined up with her pig tails, those aren't default head bands, those were defaulted to the chest!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    how are boss fights?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Final Fantasy VIII remastered. This game has aged in a really unique way, it's almost outside of whether that's "good" or "bad"
    As much as the junction system pissed me off at times, along with trying to get the freaking Doomtrain.. This game still holds a special place for me in the series. I forgot the remastered came out.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    how are boss fights?
    Honestly, i quite like them. They haven't been super hard (the butterfly one was a bit of a task until i realised changing my partner and having him attack while i buffed and doged mostly was the trick) I really like the battle system though, you learn skills that you use in fights that drain your ichor (think blood bullets from bloodborne) you can build a full on tank with just damaged buffs (that stack) and flashy attacks and go all in, or become a support type and buff/heal you partner and fight from a distance...or both! Also the A.I partners are really pretty good!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Now that it's on Xbox Game Pass... World War Z.​ It's literally Left 4 Dead 3, and I'm all about it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Now that it's on Xbox Game Pass... World War Z.​ It's literally Left 4 Dead 3, and I'm all about it.
    How feasable is it playing solo? I don't play with others pretty much ever, and the Left 4 Dead series wasn't too bad playing with the AI most of the time.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    How feasable is it playing solo? I don't play with others pretty much ever, and the Left 4 Dead series wasn't too bad playing with the AI most of the time.
    The matchmaking is pretty quick. If someone drops out, someone always pops back in within a few seconds. If not, the AI holds its own for sure. It's set up like the L4D series (i.e. get from A to B in a pretty linear level with not a ton of exploration, a campaign split up in to chapters) so you can start at the beginning or pick a chapter to replay. Tons of customization and leveling up to unlock rewards. I think it's pretty fun so far.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Nice. Game Pass has been a great way to try out games that i'm on the fence about without having to drop substantial amounts of money first.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah same. I was pumped when this dropped on it, as I always loved the L4D series and knew this would scratch that itch lol.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I don't mean to alarm anyone...but The Outer Worlds is out NEXT WEEK! Where has the time gone?!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I don't mean to alarm anyone...but The Outer Worlds is out NEXT WEEK! Where has the time gone?!
    Out the window.

Yet another wonderful Games Pass day one release.