Page 24 of 129 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I tried the Crushing difficulty on every Uncharted game and failed every time so I said fuck that every time.

I personally never understood why people like hard as hell difficulty modes in any game. They don't produce any fun to me when you have to replay them 50,000 times, be 'cheap', exploit shit or practice at for 20 years. Not fun at all. I like challenges but I hate higher difficulty challenges for just about every game. I think Gears of War, Resident Evil and Devil May Cry are the only games I can do and have no issues with at highest difficulties.
    It varies. Sometimes, the intense difficulty actually brings out the complexity of the game design, and that by only playing it on the hardest difficulty do you really get how pefectly tuned the gameplay is. For games that I really like, I always do a hard mode playthrough.

And then there's times when trying to play it on hard mode reveals how shoddy the game design actually is.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Anyone got any recommendations for "must have" wii games?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Finally beat Dead Space 3, with the Awakened DLC. I think I liked it better than the 2nd, weapon crafting was pretty awesome. I fully expect a fourth with the way this ended.

Started Sleeping Dogs last night, which is free on PS+. 2 hours in and so far I'm enjoying it. Seems like a nice warm up for GTA 5 later this year.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    ^ Thanks for the heads up on Sleeping Dogs!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: What are you playing?

I really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs. I didn't think much of it until I started hearing things about it. Huge surprise.

Been in a Metal Gear phase. Played through the first two. Started Peace Walker. I might stop and go to MGS3, which I beat a few months ago.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Finally got around to finishing Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (that's a mouth full). I had more trouble with a boss in the middle of the game than I did the final boss. I just buffed the shit out of my party and de-buffed him and it was smooth sailing. It just took a long time. Fantastic game though. If you got a 3DS, I highly recommend it.

Hopefully soon I'll be getting Fire Emblem: Awakening.

But for now I'm going back to play SMTIII: Nocturne. I want to finish it before SMTIV comes out.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    after getting caught up in this season of Game of Thrones I rented the video game. I'm really glad I only rented this. It's like a really bad rip off of Dragon Age with horrific dialog that just won't stop. I'm playing this for fan service, and already I'm skipping through all the talking just so I can get back to the awful battle mechanics and terrible level design.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    after getting caught up in this season of Game of Thrones I rented the video game. I'm really glad I only rented this. It's like a really bad rip off of Dragon Age with horrific dialog that just won't stop. I'm playing this for fan service, and already I'm skipping through all the talking just so I can get back to the awful battle mechanics and terrible level design.
    Yeah, it's a good idea to check in with critics before buying, if you're not in a position to rent. PC Gamer UK's running a series at the moment in which they play Crusader Kings 2's Game of Thrones mod, it looks like it might be the best Westeros sim at the moment.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    That game is horseshit. The reviews for it were overwhelmingly negative. I watched one where a character walked through a closed door.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

What are you playing?

Yeah the Game of Thrones game sucks. I made the mistake of buying it from Gamefly when I had a coupon, I had read the reviews so no one to blame but myself. I played it for maybe 2 hours, not sure I'll ever go back to it

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Yeah the Game of Thrones game sucks. I made the mistake of buying it from Gamefly when I had a coupon, I had read the reviews so no one to blame but myself. I played it for maybe 2 hours, not sure I'll ever go back to it
    I've gotten to chapter 4 now, and I'm wondering if I'm just going to give up and return it or power through. I have this strange thing where if I invested more than a few hours into the game, I try to speed run to the end even if I hate it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I've gotten to chapter 4 now, and I'm wondering if I'm just going to give up and return it or power through. I have this strange thing where if I invested more than a few hours into the game, I try to speed run to the end even if I hate it.
    I do the same thing. which is odd because if a game is good, and I'm enjoying it, sometime I'll just wander off and not finish it (I'm looking at you Dishonored)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I just played through Resonance. It's got a great classic point-and-click adventure game feel, effective background music, solid voice acting, and a compelling first act.. I do agree with most of the critics, though, that it becomes a bit cumbersome later on, with the writing/story being increasingly hackneyed. Still, for $4 on sale at GOG, it was worth it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I just hit 59595 Gamerscore on Xbox LIVE. Talk about a once in a lifetime number.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just got the last copy of Fire Emblem: Awakening at the Gamestop down the street from me. I loved the demo and I've heard nothing but great things about it so I had to pick it up.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Playing Alan Wake FINALLY

Thank you Humble Bundle!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Since Formula One is racing in Monaco this weekend, I threw in F1 2012, hooked up the wheel and gave it a go. Very hard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The two best games I've played so far in 2013: Sleeping Dogs and NBA 2k13. Sleeping Dogs has a great atmosphere and NBA might be one of the greatest sports games ever made. Just my 2 cents for the day.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Ive been meaning to get around to sleeping dogs DLC and also fire emblem. Never been into that series or tried a strategy rpg but the reviews are way to good to ignore. Also anything that orevents my handhelds from acting like bricks is a good thing IMHO.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I just hit 59595 Gamerscore on Xbox LIVE. Talk about a once in a lifetime number.
    I'm around the late 50k mark too, but due to playing a couple of games with unusual acheivement GS amounts I'm alternating between 3 and 8 as the last digit. No palindromic score for me.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I've been playing Terraria.. I still don't quite know why.. but I am.. You just.. dig.. and.. dig.. then make a house.. then lose 8 hours.. then dig..

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    This is looking pretty awesome:

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    I've been playing Terraria.. I still don't quite know why.. but I am.. You just.. dig.. and.. dig.. then make a house.. then lose 8 hours.. then dig..
    I have no idea why I'm picturing a crying Christopher Walken saying that... I watched The Deer Hunter the other day, maybe that's it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    I'm around the late 50k mark too, but due to playing a couple of games with unusual acheivement GS amounts I'm alternating between 3 and 8 as the last digit. No palindromic score for me.
    find another game with weird amounts and go for the weird-amount ones until you're back to ending in 5 or 0. Most racing & sports games are like that

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Best. Ever.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Finished Batman Arkham Asylum last week and started Arkham City couple days ago. I've really enjoyed playing these games, though Arkham Asylum felt a bit short for a open world game. I finished it in 17h with all riddler challenges completed, so other side quests would've been nice.
    Last edited by Ax Mr. L; 06-01-2013 at 01:56 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rainbow six vegas 2, for some reason.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Ive been meaning to get around to sleeping dogs DLC and also fire emblem. Never been into that series or tried a strategy rpg but the reviews are way to good to ignore. Also anything that orevents my handhelds from acting like bricks is a good thing IMHO.
    I'm only on chapter 12 in Fire Emblem: Awakening and so far I really like it. It's not too complex and the characters are pretty cool and the story is cool as well.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)