Page 124 of 129 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,720 of 3844

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Shredder's Revenge is what gaming is all about. Immediately brings you back to the local couch days. Playing on hard is no slouch though!
    speaking of that... anyone on PS4/5 wanna try to team play through the arcade mode on Hard to get the trophy?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    speaking of that... anyone on PS4/5 wanna try to team play through the arcade mode on Hard to get the trophy?
    My tag is Fearlessflyer3 on PSN. Add me!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    So HOLY SHIT. I finally realized that I HAD Buffy: Chaos Bleeds on my hacked wii.

It's a damn fine game in general, but if you're a Buffy fan.x Gamer, this is Must Play territory.

It's a well above average, fairly challenging 3d beat em' up, with exploration and puzzle solving that's not too hard, but not stupidly easy, either.

The fighting is a nice mix: each player has full move sets, and they feel just like you'd imagine (as in Buffy FEELS like Buffy, while xander feels like xander, etc.
    It ain't tekken, but it's far more complex than Street Fighter. Buffy, in particular, has like eight pages of combos and moves.

What makes this fucking HEAVENLY for me, though, is the fact that it plays like a lost episode of Buffy. Most of the actual cast reprise their roles, as voice actors. The story is a bit goofy, but a bit frightening: pitch perfect for BtVS.

And the action takes place all over a DAMN fine representation of Sunnydale: Magic Box, Cemetery, etc.

The music is sheer perfection.

I'm in love with this one.
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-02-2022 at 10:21 AM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana for PS2. What a great game!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Picked up Terminator: Resistance the other day and I'm enjoying it waaay more than I thought I would. Sure it looks like a PS3 era game but as a die hard Terminator fan,....it really is pushing all the right buttons.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Really enjoying Stray so far

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Really enjoying Stray so far
    Me too, glad I took the chance and bought it. Although now I'm at a part where I need to get back to someone and have no idea where they are. Haha. Won't be able to play for the next couple of days so should be fun to figure that out over the weekend.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I've finally really gotten into Demons Souls for PS5. As much as I love the game and it was a day 1 buy for me, I have found it daunting to dive back in. I am glad I did though; this is amazing. The improvements bring the world to life in a way I totally did not expect, and the redone sound is just great

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    The Stanley Parable.

HOLY SHIT... how have I not experienced this until now? This is legendary; the sort of shit you talk to your shrink about because you think it might give them some needed perspective.

This is a video game that is so obviously a work of interactive "art" that it will make you feel guilty and stupid for ever questioning the medium, while it simultaneously makes you question your big life choices. Just play this game if you haven't. It's unreal how great it is.

Sorry for overselling it, but it is on sale right now on PSN, and that sale ends tonight. Buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy, then buy again. A+, 100%, good shit, guaranteed.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The Ultra Deluxe came out a little while ago and it's apparently just as good - if not better - from what I've heard.

Also, I did not know this but now I wonder which will spoil the other:
    Severance, an Apple TV+ series, took inspiration from The Stanley Parable.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    The Ultra Deluxe came out a little while ago and it's apparently just as good - if not better - from what I've heard.

Also, I did not know this but now I wonder which will spoil the other:

I'm playing the Ultra Deluxe version, and oh god it's glorious. And now, I will check out Severance.

Spoiler Alert: The Playstation version of it has trophies for:

1. Not playing the game for ten years and then playing it again
    2. Playing it for 24 hours cumulative on a tuesday

I'm working on that cumulative Tuesday trophy right now, bless this wonderful interactive misanthropic experience.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-02-2022 at 04:48 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I'm playing the Ultra Deluxe version, and oh god it's glorious. And now, I will check out Severance.

Spoiler Alert: The Playstation version of it has trophies for:

1. Not playing the game for ten years and then playing it again
    It was pretty easy to cheese that achievement by just changing the date ahead ten years.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I've finally really gotten into Demons Souls for PS5. As much as I love the game and it was a day 1 buy for me, I have found it daunting to dive back in. I am glad I did though; this is amazing. The improvements bring the world to life in a way I totally did not expect, and the redone sound is just great
    I beat it again the other day...I still love it (even if you can't jump!)

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    It was pretty easy to cheese that achievement by just changing the date ahead ten years.
    I have the trophy, so I am qualified to say that your solution works perfectly! But I'd argue it's the thought that counts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A few games I'm giving a go on the ol' Switch Oled:

Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. What a fun little game. Super easy and light and I needed this during a stressful time. The nostalgia force is strong with this one.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3. Maybe not for me. I actually enjoyed the first one, but this is 80% story/cutscenes and complex tutorials and maybe 20% combat and exploration (which to be fair is rather fun). I find it sort of exhausting.

Into the Breach. Great little alien/chess-like strategy game. Can't recommend enough. Super pick up and play game.
    Last edited by artdeco; 08-16-2022 at 10:20 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    the Capcom Fighting Collection... wow, I thought I was way better than I apparently am at Street Fighter

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I know exactly how good at SF I am hence why I stay away from those games anymore. I has Super SFII on the SNES and that was probably the last SF game I bought.

started Hades the other day, finally. Holy crap at this thing. I was getting so mad at it because I couldn't tell how many of anything I had and it turns out that I had something blocking my line of sight of the computer screen right there. d'oh. I finally beat Meg after so many tries and it was so satisfying. Then I didn't beat her again until today. Had an awesome run, just the best buffs over and over and then I get to the snake thing in the second level. I was like 25% from killing him first try and just lost concentration or something. boom. dead. fuck.
    Last edited by allegate; 08-28-2022 at 06:05 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Hades is masterclass! Love that game.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just got a Steam Deck, this thing is absolutely amazing. I've spent more time arranging roms than actually playing it, but it's way more powerful than I thought it would be.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I finished up Ghostwire: Tokyo the other night. The controls are a bit wonky and take some getting used to but it's a fun game. There are a crazy amount of collectibles but you can break them up with other activities.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    the appeal of Hades has completely eluded me, but then again so has Witcher 3, so I'm probably wrong and just need to give them a second try

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I'm not usually a fan of the genre - roguelikes - because the idea of bashing my head against the same thing over and over again does not appeal to me. Spelunky, for example. I don't really like that game at all but it's the same genre.

edit: forgot to explain why I like Hades. There a bigger feeling of you're in control because of the upgrades that you can do. You can respec them in the mirror as long as you have at least one key so you can be like, "Well that didn't work, let's try this one" and boom you're there and back in the action. That the game tells you what you just did by way of conversation is amazing. Get killed by a random enemy and the guy at the door is like, "oh man you got killed by one of those? that sucks for you." and it feels like the game is paying attention to the entire experience.
    Last edited by allegate; 09-15-2022 at 09:53 AM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    that's why I thought I would really like it. Rogue Legacy is one of my favorite games; it completely introduced me to the concept that smashing at a goal, even the same unchanging one, can be rewarding.And then there's all the Souls games, and Souls-likes.

And my brother really highly recommends Hades, and he knows more about games than me. He's practically a champion Soul Calibur player in the top ten apparently in online rankings. Still, I spent about 10 or so hours with Hades and it just annoyed me, but I never got to a round where I beat the final boss. I just wasn't enjoying myself, even though I do like rougelikes.

But if you ever wanna challenge my little bro in Soul Calibur... lol... you will super lose.... on a level that you will not realize. I watched him beat over 100 top-ranked players in a row with a lazy expression on his face, barely even struggling for a couple moments there
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-16-2022 at 01:09 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Oh, hell yea I'll be playing these.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    that's why I thought I would really like it. Rogue Legacy is one of my favorite games; it completely introduced me to the concept that smashing at a goal, even the same unchanging one, can be rewarding.And then there's all the Souls games, and Souls-likes.

And my brother really highly recommends Hades, and he knows more about games than me. He's practically a champion Soul Calibur player in the top ten apparently in online rankings. Still, I spent about 10 or so hours with Hades and it just annoyed me, but I never got to a round where I beat the final boss. I just wasn't enjoying myself, even though I do like rougelikes.

But if you ever wanna challenge my little bro in Soul Calibur... lol... you will super lose.... on a level that you will not realize. I watched him beat over 100 top-ranked players in a row with a lazy expression on his face, barely even struggling for a couple moments there
    Hades I hated beating the same first "boss" over and over. I'm like, oh this is how it's going to be...

Everything else about it I really loved so it was disappointing to not get as hooked as I would've liked.

Returnal is a roguelike that I actually loved, but I "cheated"

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Hades for me was like, there's a special hell, and it's where you're stuck in a wallmart in a stupidly long line, and the woman in front of you has an obnoxiously large morbidly obese ass, and she's waving it along to the music that's playing, and it's fucking Smash Mouth, and it never ends

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I'm sure someone's mentioned this, somewhere, but...how about that cool new NIN logo for Call of Duty: MW II?

The forwards Ns make a nice little soundwave visual, and then the thick, green I is pretty badass.

As for what I'm actually playing, well...fuck. I'm actually stuck at level 6 on BtVS Chaos Bleeds, and I'm stuck at Bald Bull 2 (second to last fight before Iron Mike), so I'm just fucking frustrated.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-16-2022 at 05:39 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Played Deathloop for a bit yesterday. It looks gorgeous but I have found that I have actually gotten worse at FPS games. I died so many times just in the first bit that it sapped any will to play it for as long as I figure you need to.

Doesn't help I was spoiled on the ending.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    If you have the funds, I HIGHLY recommend getting a Steam Deck. Probably the best "console" I've ever owned.

It's fun to tinker with, it's great to play on, and the performance is really good. I'm honestly blown away about how much I've enjoyed it.