Page 96 of 129 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 3844

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So much Dark Souls 3. This is my third time through it and it's definitely cemented itself as one of my favorite games of all time. Sweet fuck I love it.

Also started a game of Nier Automata finally. Wanted to get this game on PC forever ago but the port was too sketchy to even bother with. Computer's too old for that BS. Game's fun as as fuck. I really dig it. Not to mention the soundtrack has been orgasmic so far. It's like every amazing anime soundtrack I grew up with had a love child jesus christ.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Finally got 5 wins in a row in Dead or Alive 6... that was stressing me out way more than it should have

@Tabris yeah the Nier soundtrack is incredible... I didn’t love the game as much as others did, but in hindsight I think I might have played it “wrong.” With RPGs I tend to get OCD and completionist as I move along. This is not that sort of game... I feel like you’re intended to blast through it, multiple times, and forget exploration etc for the most part

and yeah, Dark Souls is the best... though really, my favorite by far will probably always be Bloodborne. It’s the Souls concept perfected imo
    Last edited by Jinsai; 03-13-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
    So much Dark Souls 3. This is my third time through it and it's definitely cemented itself as one of my favorite games of all time. Sweet fuck I love it.

Also started a game of Nier Automata finally. Wanted to get this game on PC forever ago but the port was too sketchy to even bother with. Computer's too old for that BS. Game's fun as as fuck. I really dig it. Not to mention the soundtrack has been orgasmic so far. It's like every amazing anime soundtrack I grew up with had a love child jesus christ.
    I need to replay DS3 sometime butttttt...Sekiro is coming out next week. Bloodborne is my fav, maybe a top 3 game of all time (Half Life 2, Super Metroid, Bloodborne).

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Yep... I haven't been as hyped about a game as I am for Sekiro in a long time.... probably since waiting for Dark Souls 3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Beat DMC5, fully chubbed for Sekiro.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Call me nostalgic, but I am beyond excited to be able to play the updated Final Fantasy VII on my Xbox One next week. I've had it pre-ordered since I saw it show up in the Live store. My old PS1 in the attic is sketchy, and my original play disc of FF7 has been missing for so long I've given up on it, so this is perfect.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Trying Bloodborne again. On the fence with Sekiro. Not really my kind of games. Looks good though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just started playing Worms W.M.D.

Never had played a Worms game before, but I'm familiar with "Tank Wars" and "Scorched Earth" (90s) so the game play wasn't entirely new to me.

Liking it so far.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Yep... I haven't been as hyped about a game as I am for Sekiro in a long time.... probably since waiting for Dark Souls 3
    The street date has been broken in Europe so people are streaming and posting some impressions now.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    The street date has been broken in Europe so people are streaming and posting some impressions now.
    Wait REALLY?!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Wait REALLY?!
    Yep. Also listen to this if you want to get pumped.

From does a hell of a job with their soundtracks, just Blizzard (Diablo), Bungie (Halo, Destiny 1), or Konami (Castlevanias etc) back in the day...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

From does a hell of a job with their soundtracks, just Blizzard (Diablo), Bungie (Halo, Destiny 1), or Konami (Castlevanias etc) back in the day...
    OH MY. I do adore FromSoft's scores...OK i might have to get this friday (i was going to wait and try and finish this back catalogue, but it looks like i might have a bit of extra income and have friday off anyway!)

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I could have gotten a copy already but I’ve already paid off my digital preorder... so I think I can wait two days and try to avoid spoilers...

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I put down FF4 DS for a few months for some reason, but now I'm back at it, and, again, this is SO special to me.

Also, GOOD GOD: a lot of it is fucking HARD. They made it WAY harder than the original. It can be frustrating at times, but it's also kind of cool: you REALLY have to think about strategy to beat some of these bosses.
    Spells like haste and shell and slow, that I don't remember needing back in the day, are, often, essential. It feels really cool to come up with a particular strategy for a boss, and refine it, losing a few times, and finally win.

The increased difficulty adds a new dimension to the game, along with the graphical overhaul and extra content. I can't help but feel like I was part of the target audience for this: people who were like 10-14 when the original was released, who remember it fondly, and would geek out over replaying a more challenging version, in 3D.

That era of RPGs, the 16 bit era, is probably my favorite time in the history of gaming.
    As usual, I'm a whole bunch of years late to the party on this- I do that on purpose.

But, if you have anything that plays DS games, and loved FF2/4 and 3/6 when you were young, you've GOT to play this DS remake. It's got all the magic of the original, but, is also a new experience.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I put down FF4 DS for a few months for some reason, but now I'm back at it, and, again, this is SO special to me.

Also, GOOD GOD: a lot of it is fucking HARD. They made it WAY harder than the original. It can be frustrating at times, but it's also kind of cool: you REALLY have to think about strategy to beat some of these bosses.
    Spells like haste and shell and slow, that I don't remember needing back in the day, are, often, essential. It feels really cool to come up with a particular strategy for a boss, and refine it, losing a few times, and finally win.

The increased difficulty adds a new dimension to the game, along with the graphical overhaul and extra content. I can't help but feel like I was part of the target audience for this: people who were like 10-14 when the original was released, who remember it fondly, and would geek out over replaying a more challenging version, in 3D.

That era of RPGs, the 16 bit era, is probably my favorite time in the history of gaming.
    As usual, I'm a whole bunch of years late to the party on this- I do that on purpose.

But, if you have anything that plays DS games, and loved FF2/4 and 3/6 when you were young, you've GOT to play this DS remake. It's got all the magic of the original, but, is also a new experience.
    Didn't they release this for PC as well? Maybe I'm wrong...

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Didn't they release this for PC as well? Maybe I'm wrong...
    Perhaps... Honestly, the complete version of FFIV (which includes that awful follow up that nobody should bother with) on PSP/Vita is my favorite rendition. It retains the old sprite-based graphics and the difficulty + undeleted levels, and throws in that awful DLC that nobody asked for

It might be just me and my nostalgia though, but I always want those original sprites if I'm going to replay FFVI or a previous game... even if it's updated sprites, like they've made with the first two games in re-releases. I run in the other direction with FFVII, which I feel is still a potentially great story/world rendered in horrible dated graphics and some occasionally unforgivably bad exposition. Weirdly, I feel those DS revisits of FFIII and 4 sorta screw up the original graphics in an "update" that already looks more dated than the original. It's strange

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @Jinsai , maybe it's because I'm generally a retro gamer, but it works for me, graphically, like, REALLY well. It doesn't look dated to me. (I still think of FFVII as "the new one." )
    I can definitely understand nostalgia for the old sprites, but, at the same time, I probably spent 300-400 hours playing that game in my middle school years, and I guess I wanted a new experience -I'd thought about replaying it for years, but getting hold of this ds remake is what finally made me do it.

Does the PSP version have the Augment System?

Edit: btw, I still haven't played FFVII. I have it on my PS3, and I'm sure I will play it someday, but I'm STILL salty that it wasn't a Nintendo game.
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-19-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Edit: btw, I still haven't played FFVII. I have it on my PS3, and I'm sure I will play it someday, but I'm STILL salty that it wasn't a Nintendo game.
    THat's weird... and while I encourage you to do something about that in the most clearcut immediate sense possible, fucking play Final Fantasy VII now.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Whatever possible hell may exist on some forgotten plane has probably just frozen over if Jinsai and myself can actually agree on two things in the same month, but he's right. Go play Final Fantasy VII. It's a fantastic game. The story gets surprisingly deep, the villains are worth hating, the combat is great, even the minigames are solid. Don't even get me started on the satisfaction of defeating Ruby and Emerald Weapons.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    THat's weird... and while I encourage you to do something about that in the most clearcut immediate sense possible, fucking play Final Fantasy VII now.
    I just LOVED the 16 bit era. And Nintendo, in general, felt like HOME, you know?
    It was the end of an era.

I will likely play FFVII after I finish IV DS.

I also wanted to ask you: did you play the PS version of Chrono Trigger?
    If I understand correctly, the Chrono Trigger DS is like, a port of the PS version.

But yeah, I've got a lot of games I need to play. Ever since I found a GameCube for $25 in the mall, I've stayed behind on game generations, purposely. So I've still got The Last of Us, Journey, RDR (which I started, but didn't finish,) the Arkham games, etc.

I've also got a ridiculous number of DS, Wii, and GameCube games.

Hey, I'm assuming you had or have a DS? Are there any titles you'd recommend?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'll just chime in and say that i think Journey is a game for you. Knowing your views on spirituality, i think Journey would definitely resonate. So, move that up in your queue when you get the chance. I have a feeling you'll be happy you did.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Perhaps... Honestly, the complete version of FFIV (which includes that awful follow up that nobody should bother with) on PSP/Vita is my favorite rendition. It retains the old sprite-based graphics and the difficulty + undeleted levels, and throws in that awful DLC that nobody asked for

It might be just me and my nostalgia though, but I always want those original sprites if I'm going to replay FFVI or a previous game... even if it's updated sprites, like they've made with the first two games in re-releases. I run in the other direction with FFVII, which I feel is still a potentially great story/world rendered in horrible dated graphics and some occasionally unforgivably bad exposition. Weirdly, I feel those DS revisits of FFIII and 4 sorta screw up the original graphics in an "update" that already looks more dated than the original. It's strange
    Yep, the Steam version is the DS version. I think IV was one of my favorites because of seeing it at a friend's house and being blown away by the graphics at the time. My parents wouldn't get me a SNES, so it was amazing to see a new Final Fantasy on it (I loved the first one on NES). Always nostalgia.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Hey, I'm assuming you had or have a DS? Are there any titles you'd recommend?
    I did play the PS version of Chrono Trigger. It's basically a port, but it's perfect as it was.
    Journey is a trip, and it really is best experienced in a single sitting. If you've got three hours to put aside, play that immediately.

For DS, I'd recommend checking out some of the Dragon Quest games, absolutely get The World Ends with You (put this at the top of your list, trust me), get all the Castlevania games (but you already know that of course, ) Final Fantasy 4 Heroes (reimagining of part 1)... I feel so certain I'm missing something essential.

And... seriously... Knowing you, you really need to play Suikoden 2, and then Final Fantasy VII. TRUST ME!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    OH MY. I do adore FromSoft's scores...OK i might have to get this friday (i was going to wait and try and finish this back catalogue, but it looks like i might have a bit of extra income and have friday off anyway!)
    This fucking song though.....

I could have gotten a copy already but I’ve already paid off my digital preorder... so I think I can wait two days and try to avoid spoilers...
    I got a digital pre-order too on Xbox One. I said a page back I wouldn't have time nor would it get the attention it rightly deserves but fuck it I bought it and will play it ASAP.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    That WHOLE DLC...just fucking perfect!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Finished Devil May Cry 5, finally, since I am slow these days. Great game. I loved the gameplay and wish I was better overall.

However, I'm doing a Human play through now to mop up conditional achievements that aren't tied to difficulties and since they don't stack (my first play through was Devil Hunter) I missed it. Watching others play this gets me jealous of their skills. I've played these games for awhile and consider myself adequate but the amount of skill some people share on YouTube is insane.

I'm also playing Sekiro and randomly bought Arkane Studios' Prey.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Prey is easily in my top ten of all time. The atmosphere, the characters, the story, all of it is great. It's difficult for a shooter, but rewarding.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Bloodborne DLC is the best goddamn thing I've ever played and Lady Maria and her boss fight is the best thing to ever happen to gaming. Sexiest fight. Ever. Period. It's a dance of pure bliss to a stunningly epic song.

Started playing Sekiro. Fucking love it.

But also realized before I get ahead of myself, I really need to stop starting new games. So I need to finish off the Ringed City DLC for Dark Souls 3, so I can finish my game of Tales of Berseria and Xenogears in peace.

Shit's been too hectic over the last couple months to focus properly. I need to ninja some shit in a fake video game world dammit! Sekiro!!!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Diablo III (again). I've had a huge gaming void since I decided to give up World of Warcraft late last year.

I'm trying to finish out my Kanai's Cube without making alts, and these Wizard (weighted) drops are a pain to acquire as a Crusader: Vigilance, Wizardspike, Frostburn, Mantle of Channeling, and Moonlight Ward.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tried to get into bloodbourne again got basically no where again. lol I'll try at some point again. I did fire up Ark single player mode and have been doing the thing last couple days. All that said I'm determined to finish red dead 2. Kinda wiah I had internet as Apex (i know) looks pretty fun.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk