Page 119 of 129 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,570 of 3846

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    So, first I played Metroid: Zero Mission, which is a remake of the OG. The NES game- it was so ambitious, what they were aiming for, but it was just short of fucking IMPOSSIBLE, and the physics weren't great. I had ONE friend in the eighties who stuck with it: he drew his own maps on graph paper and kept me up to date on his progress, for like NINE MONTHS.
    Zero Mission adds a map, some hints, a graphical overhaul, and upgrades the controls to Super Metroid standards. It really turns what I'd call a failed masterpiece into a damn fine, must play game for fans of the series.

And THEN, there's Metroid Fusion. That one is, imho, no shit, PRETTY much on par with Super Metroid. I'm sad that it's almost over.

Anyway, if you loved Super Metroid, make sure you play the two GBA titles, with your emulators, flash carts, virtual consoles, or however you can.

I'm using an Anbernic R351P, and if you're a retro gaming fan who likes handhelds, you're missing the damn party if you don't have one of these heavenly devices.
    zero mission and fusion are both absolutely incredible. i have them on the WiiU virtual console.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So NBA2K21 is on Xbox Gamepass now, and, FUCK. It's COMPLICATED. I'm sure I can get decent at it eventually, but it's easily as deep as Tekken 7.

It's INSANELY realistic, and the graphics and physics are unreal, BUT, that realism means that there are seventy or eighty movements you can make. I spent an hour in the tutorial and then lost my first game by 20 points.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So NBA2K21 is on Xbox Gamepass now, and, FUCK. It's COMPLICATED. I'm sure I can get decent at it eventually, but it's easily as deep as Tekken 7.

It's INSANELY realistic, and the graphics and physics are unreal, BUT, that realism means that there are seventy or eighty movements you can make. I spent an hour in the tutorial and then lost my first game by 20 points.
    Have you tried The Show 21 yet? You can make it just as complicated.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    zero mission and fusion are both absolutely incredible. i have them on the WiiU virtual console.
    I've been playing Samus Returns on my phone, but it keeps crashing (3DS game). I really like it, and I remember being addicted to Metroid 2 on the Gameboy when I was little.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I've been playing Samus Returns on my phone, but it keeps crashing (3DS game). I really like it, and I remember being addicted to Metroid 2 on the Gameboy when I was little.
    I'm a basketball fanatic, not a baseball fan.

Idk. I guess it'll just take time. I spent an hour in practice mode, and then tried a game, and lost by 20. I was only down by 6 or 8 for awhile, but then they turned up the heat. Maybe I need to just keep playing it.

SO: have you heard of AM2R? If you want an updated Metroid 2, but your phone crashes on 3DS, try that one.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm a basketball fanatic, not a baseball fan.

Idk. I guess it'll just take time. I spent an hour in practice mode, and then tried a game, and lost by 20. I was only down by 6 or 8 for awhile, but then they turned up the heat. Maybe I need to just keep playing it.

SO: have you heard of AM2R? If you want an updated Metroid 2, but your phone crashes on 3DS, try that one.
    Sure have, I'd like to finish Samus Returns first so my brain doesn't get confused lol

I'll have to finish it on my computer, I can do that through Moonlight...which works very very well.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Is there a reason to keep on collecting moons in Mario Odyssey? A few of them are impossible on the lite because there's no rumble. The sheep ones are horrid because you can't just pick the sheep up. the damn arrow shows up like you can do something but no you have to scare the sheep back to the pen.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I have tried to understand Minecraft... and I'm just going to say that I hate this video game.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Earthbound, for the first time, on my Anbernic. Good GOD I fell in love with it fast.

BTW, I souped that motherfucker up. It's got about 3000 arcade games between Final Burn Neo and Mame, and all the best games for TWENTY THREE other emulators, including weird shit like Sega 32x and Turbo Grafix 16 CD.

It's also got a great new firmware, and all the systems are optimized to resemble their original screen ratio and general look. These things are DOPE.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I have tried to understand Minecraft... and I'm just going to say that I hate this video game.
    It's not for everyone, at least you tried.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post
    It's not for everyone, at least you tried.
    Is it really basically a kid's game that you can turn into a creative sandbox? I'm all for games that inspire creativity in younger players, and encourage them to think in unconventional ways, but... this feels especially mindless to me at the core, and it's just so ugly. It's unbelievable that this is basically the most popular game of all time, but yeah, ultimately whatever it is, it's not for me, and I've put in a good 10 hours of effort at this point. I feel that's enough.

@elevenism make sure you check out the other games in the Mother (earthbound) series if they're on there too. They've been fan-translated into English.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Is it really basically a kid's game that you can turn into a creative sandbox? I'm all for games that inspire creativity in younger players, and encourage them to think in unconventional ways, but... this feels especially mindless to me at the core, and it's just so ugly. It's unbelievable that this is basically the most popular game of all time, but yeah, ultimately whatever it is, it's not for me, and I've put in a good 10 hours of effort at this point. I feel that's enough.

@elevenism make sure you check out the other games in the Mother (earthbound) series if they're on there too. They've been fan-translated into English.
    I totally saw that: Mother 3, at starmen.net .

I LOOOVE that when you get a new weapon, it says "do you wanna, like, equip it?"

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Is it really basically a kid's game that you can turn into a creative sandbox? .
    Yes and No. It has a surprising amount of depth in it's crafting further down the line when trying to get to the ender dragon, but made in such a way that it's easy for kids to get into and older people to find something in it. Alot of it's popularity comes down to any machine can run it, and you can basically make it whatever you want (RP, battle royal, making a working Gameboy within it) but a lot of it does come from making what you want out of it, and that really can put people off. Personally It's my go to chill out game, and the visuals are fine for what i'm after which is basically trying to re-create castle grey skull...but it's an absolute time sink so i only play when i know i have weeks free.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    the best explanation I found for not liking Minecraft: there's nothing to do unless you want to do it so if you're used to games with a preset challenge then you're not going to like it.

There's nothing wrong with that, I feel the same way. There's no "rescue the princess, Mario" to it unless you want there to be one.

also if you think Minecraft doesn't look good, there's a mod for that.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I prefer Mario Maker.

EDIT: and I guess I'm just old and out of touch. I wonder how I would have responded to a game like Minecraft when I was younger, but I remember playing it when it originally came out and I didn't get it then either. It's just not for me I guess.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-10-2021 at 05:57 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    since that post, I've been hooked on Animal Crossing lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Cooper View Post
    I had it just the other way round - Animal Crossing seemed a much better game than Stardew Valley. My opinion of course.
    agree with this. animal crossing appealed way more to me, too. i love the decor aspect of games like acnh so i was sold when i knew they had a lot of new furniture compared to previous games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Even better than when I played it for the first time 14 years back. They did a great job remastering it; the perfect amount of modification without taking away what made it great.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by artdeco View Post
    Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Even better than when I played it for the first time 14 years back. They did a great job remastering it; the perfect amount of modification without taking away what made it great.
    First game is buttery smooth but is still janky to play overall haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Holy shit, guys. Doom Eternal.

It made me remember how to play Doom. Push forward. Slay demons.

Other shooters aren’t like Doom. Other shooters, at least the comparatively few I’ve played, you most times die if you play it like that; being “aggressive”, or let’s say, “proactive”.

But, damn, Doom Eternal makes that fun.

Nice job, everybody at id.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Been sucked back into Hotline Miami 1 and 2, especially since I want to ace as many achievements on Steam as I'm able to. But damn that game is hard! But much like Doom you need to get into the flow and that's where those two games totally excel, once you nail it. Plus the soundtrack is to die for.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Been getting more moons in Odyssey and I still really hate that you have to basically scour the map for some of them. On top of that if you're playing on the lite it doesn't rumble so you can't do a lot of the "walk around until the controller vibrates" moons. I mean, if you connect a controller you can but that's not a good solution.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Just bought Spider-Man: Miles Morales because it's finally on sale ($10 off, so $43 after tax). Haven't played it yet, but I think I'm going to be sinking some time into that game this weekend. Also, I finally started playing the Avengers game I bought in November (also waited to get that on sale for $30) and it's not bad so far.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    ys origins on Switch. wanted a fun hack and slash game to play, fits the mold. kinda dipping my feet into Grandia Remastered on the Switch as well.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Ys put out a hack and slash game? I thought it was a RPG series at its core?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Finally installed Alien Isolation with plans to only play the dlcs which are based on the first movie.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Ys put out a hack and slash game? I thought it was a RPG series at its core?
    It is...Origins is an action RPG for sure. The way I run through it with my axe, I play it like a hack and slash

I've only played a bit of Ys VIII besides Origins. I'll need to get back into that...perhaps after I finish Origins. But my backlog...sigh...just keeps growing. Legend of Mana is something I'm looking forward to and also will be on the backlog.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Finally installed Alien Isolation with plans to only play the dlcs which are based on the first movie.
    No plans to play the main story?? Or have you already, because if not... You're missing out.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I read about it being a rather frustrating experience playing the main game. So I figured shitting my pants for two hours at a time rather than 20 has to be enough.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I've been enjoying Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection and Capcom Arcade Stadium since they both finally made it to Steam. I'm not sure of the stigma attached to these titles since they were seemingly released on Switch first, but they both play excellent on PC.

There are plans to add more games to CAS, and I'd love to see Cannon Spike, Gun.Smoke, and Hyper Dyne: Side Arms. There's obvious Beat 'em Up's I'd like to see added as well, but those are probably stuck in licensing hell based on the amount of mobile ports, etc., that exist.