Page 67 of 129 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 3845

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    My son has made it it rank 6 in Star Wars Battlefront multiplayer. He's 3. He's gotten me into it haha.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    well, if you can find any ratchet & clank games for cheap (i'd recommend Tools Of Destruction, personally) i'd get them. they're so fun and the humor is fantastic. there's actually a movie coming out this year based on the plot of the first game in the series.
    i bet i can.
    that's part of what's so cool about this-now that the PS4 is out, you can get used PS3 games for VERY cheap,
    I got those 4 games i listed for under $30, shipping and all.

Thanks for the tip. This is uncharted territory for me.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just finished Uncharted 3 thus completing the trilogy over the last year I enjoy the series a lot; I loved how likable the characters are. if I had to rank the game in order of how much I enjoyed them it would go 2, 3, 1 but I actually think 3 had the weakest story out of the three and it felt like the shortest but 1 feels the most out dated of the three. Anyways I enjoyed the series and can't wait for the final chapter in the Nathan Drake story.
    Last edited by Tums206_BFY; 02-07-2016 at 02:47 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm hugely addicted to the Batman Arkham games. Anyone got any recommendations for similar style games on either Xbox 360 or Xbox One? I'm also considering getting Alien Isolation. Anyone got any comments on that game before I press "buy now"?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Hunter View Post
    I'm hugely addicted to the Batman Arkham games. Anyone got any recommendations for similar style games on either Xbox 360 or Xbox One? I'm also considering getting Alien Isolation. Anyone got any comments on that game before I press "buy now"?
    I love the Arkham games too! I can't think of any similar games at the moment though. As far as Alien: Isolation goes, GET IT. It really makes you feel as if you are in outer space, where no one can hear you scream. Seriously, I felt such dread playing it all the way through. Also you would think repeated run-ins with the Alien would be annoying, but it's not. It's always tense. If you have seen the original which you probably have, it's like they literally grabbed the atmosphere from that movie and then made a game around it. The Complete edition is on the XBOX live store. I hope you like it if you decide to get it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Hunter View Post
    Shadow of Mordor is very much a mixture of Arkham and Assassin's Creed, check that one out if you haven't.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Started playing Dying Light over the weekend. It's really cool, quite different from most zombie games. You do a lot of running away as opposed to just mowing down tons of zombies. Night can be pretty damn freaky.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Lately I've been playing GTA Online on Xbox One since I remembered that exists and I started playing Black Ops 3 multiplayer again last night. Still having a bit of difficulty adjusting to having the ability to run on the walls and whatnot...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I've stopped playing Xcom 2 to play Undertale.
    My god it is such a fantastic game. I beat it thrice so far.

It's on sale now on steam and I highly recommend it.

The music, the story, the game play, the battle system, everything is just amazing.
    Do your self a favor and don't read any spoilers and play the game blind.

It has one of the best and surprisingly satisfying endings a game of this caliber could ever have.
    It's easily one of my top ten games ever.
    The fact that it drew some inspiration from earthbound might entice people to check it out.

Last edited by ziltoid; 02-11-2016 at 05:20 PM. Reason: spelling.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Jesus, i am SO in love with Heavy Rain.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    As someone who is sick to death with zombies saturating all media, I tried out Dying Light Enhanced and have to say its a lot of fun and has been a very pleasant surprise.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Fifa 16, aka the best Fifa yet! And golf club. Kinda into sports lately.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Finally been playing The Last of Us, it is as good as everyone has been saying. Beautiful.

Just got to the part after you crash the truck, itching to get back to it but the TV is currently in use.

So far my favorite section has been the Lincoln town area searching for Bill.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Finally been playing The Last of Us, it is as good as everyone has been saying. Beautiful.

Just got to the part after you crash the truck, itching to get back to it but the TV is currently in use.

So far my favorite section has been the Lincoln town area searching for Bill.
    One of the most emotional games I've ever played. The other being season 1 of the Walking Dead. The end was brutal.

I've been playing Fallout 4 again. Recently. Recently I'm really excited for the DLC. Especially build your own robot. That will be awesome. Also 2 games coming through Gamefly, Halo 5: Guardians and Diablo III. I've played the latter on the PS3. I'm looking forward to playing Guardians. I got the Masterchief collector last year too. Do you have to watch it to be completely up to date before you play the game?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Okay @theburningreptile , i just pretty much jumped from snes to ps3. do i need the walking dead game?

edit: and if anyone else wants to throw me some recommendations, i would much appreciate it.

i have Arkham Asylum, The Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption and Heavy Rain. And i have LA Noir and Beyond:Two Souls coming in the mail.

I am REALLy digging this new "interactive drama" genre (like heavy rain)

are there any decent final fantasy games on ps3? (the last one i played was FF6/3)
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-23-2016 at 12:32 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    are there any decent final fantasy games on ps3? (the last one i played was FF6/3)
    I absolutely love Final Fantasy X, the remaster with X-2 is on PS3 for about 20 bucks. I never bothered with X-2, looked pretty dumb.

If you're really digging interactive drama then I would say The Walking Dead is a safe bet. I wasn't a huge fan of it but it has its moments. Runs like shit though.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 02-23-2016 at 01:31 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Okay @theburningreptile , i just pretty much jumped from snes to ps3. do i need the walking dead game?

edit: and if anyone else wants to throw me some recommendations, i would much appreciate it.

i have Arkham Asylum, The Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption and Heavy Rain. And i have LA Noir and Beyond:Two Souls coming in the mail.

I am REALLy digging this new "interactive drama" genre (like heavy rain)

It does run slow but it had a very emotional ending to me. So did season 2.

Diablo III has to be one of the most addicting games I've ever played. I'm already level 25 and I got it yesterday. Is there a level cap?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    power drill massacre AGAIN. i keep getting the shit ending. i totally forgot where to get all three keys. funny, the *good* ending is probably one of the worst things any player would want.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tried out Life is Strange for a bit, but couldn't get past all the teenage business. At this point, I think I'm just kind of annoyed by any teen crap for some reason, no matter how well its done. It probably started when I got dragged to see Twilight a couple years ago. I don't even bother with teen-centric movies or shows anymore. I thought the game would be different and I would be able to get into it, but nope. I would, though, play the shit out of a Gran Torino game where you play Clint blasting kids off his lawn with a shotgun.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaire View Post
    Tried out Life is Strange for a bit, but couldn't get past all the teenage business. At this point, I think I'm just kind of annoyed by any teen crap for some reason, no matter how well its done.
    This. I tried it as well after hearing good things but I had a hard time getting past the teenage/indie movie aspects of it. Maybe I'll give it another shot sometime down the road.

Finally beat Bloodborne, great sense of accomplishment.

Currently playing the RE0 Remaster.....never played it before, enjoying it so far but I see the inventory system becoming a problem.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    This. I tried it as well after hearing good things but I had a hard time getting past the teenage/indie movie aspects of it. Maybe I'll give it another shot sometime down the road.

Finally beat Bloodborne, great sense of accomplishment.

Currently playing the RE0 Remaster.....never played it before, enjoying it so far but I see the inventory system becoming a problem.
    Inventory is the main reason I hate classic RE games, besides the controls. I'm almost done with the Training Facility area and I'm constantly having issues with keeping ammo and items needed for progression. It makes you think about what you're doing which is not a bad thing but having to constantly swap and drop items gets old.

They're releasing Resident Evil 4, 5 and 6 to PS4 and Xbox One this year too if you didn't know'

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Inventory is the main reason I hate classic RE games, besides the controls. I'm almost done with the Training Facility area and I'm constantly having issues with keeping ammo and items needed for progression. It makes you think about what you're doing which is not a bad thing but having to constantly swap and drop items gets old.

They're releasing Resident Evil 4, 5 and 6 to PS4 and Xbox One this year too if you didn't know'
    Yeah I just opened up the area behind the big portrait in the main hall (big spiders)....this isn't a face paced game but dropping and swapping items does tend to break up the flow of it.

I just may have to revisit 4 when it gets re-released. I'm part of the minority that didn't hate 5 and 6 but I don't feel the need to replay those.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Yeah I just opened up the area behind the big portrait in the main hall (big spiders)....this isn't a face paced game but dropping and swapping items does tend to break up the flow of it.

I just may have to revisit 4 when it gets re-released. I'm part of the minority that didn't hate 5 and 6 but I don't feel the need to replay those.
    I LOVED 5. Beat the shit out of that game. I love everything about it. I beat everything on Professional as well.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Playing Splinter Cell: Blacklist and it's certainly a lot more enjoyable than the entry before it.

Conviction was slim pickins, i didn't really like the flow of missions or much of the layouts/environments... found them boring, there was a weird absence of gameplay mechanic staples from the older games... namely hiding or moving bodies. I always found it ridiculous that you couldn't do that.

Anyways, Blacklist is an improvement... still nothing like the Splinter Cell original trilogy and the absence of Ironside as Sam is disappointing but understandable given the requirements of mocap.

I still find the cover snapping a bit ridiculous and overall the newer games still feel dumbed down but there is still the odd challenge, I'm by no means an expert at these games but you can just tell by all the perks and things they've added compared to the older games. I try not to utilize all of the "easy-way-outs" and just try and ghost my way through using non-lethal means as much as i can.

I dig the mission base aboard the Paladin, that is a cool little addition.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Destiny may be over, but Iron Banner Clash is still awesome. Also Fifa 16.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Playing Splinter Cell: Blacklist and it's certainly a lot more enjoyable than the entry before it.

Conviction was slim pickins, i didn't really like the flow of missions or much of the layouts/environments... found them boring, there was a weird absence of gameplay mechanic staples from the older games... namely hiding or moving bodies. I always found it ridiculous that you couldn't do that.

Anyways, Blacklist is an improvement... still nothing like the Splinter Cell original trilogy and the absence of Ironside as Sam is disappointing but understandable given the requirements of mocap.

I still find the cover snapping a bit ridiculous and overall the newer games still feel dumbed down but there is still the odd challenge, I'm by no means an expert at these games but you can just tell by all the perks and things they've added compared to the older games. I try not to utilize all of the "easy-way-outs" and just try and ghost my way through using non-lethal means as much as i can.

I dig the mission base aboard the Paladin, that is a cool little addition.
    I loved Conviction.

I need to finish Blacklist, I stopped playing it when hoo-hah and releases of PS4 and Xbox One sidetracked my playing. It was released at a bad time. I hope to revisit it one day, sometime.....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've been playing Halo 5 a lot recently, it's a lot better than I expected. The game play is awesome. I like Locke, but I'd rather play as Masterchief. Also Warden Eternal is pretty cool so far. Kind of reminds me of Ultron.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The Witness.
    I have so many moments of "YES! FUCK YOU GAME I GET IT" crossed with angry rage at not getting it for another hour... not used a walk through, but did get an early puzzle spoiled. It's like the Dark Souls of puzzle games. It's good.
    Also still playing Suikoden on the Vita.. about.. 11 hours in? It's a great RPG but I only really get time with it before bed..

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'll probably regret it but I just bought Blazblue: Chroo Phantasma EXTEND on Xbox One. I've always wanted to try the series out and now's the time.