Page 113 of 129 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,390 of 3846

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I've played all the Borderlands games almost entirely solo and I love them all. Once you get some good gear for your build you start wrecking face.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I never played one solo until Borderlands 3 but I'm at a boss I can't beat unless I leave and over level myself. Sucks.
    What boss are you stuck on? I might be able to offer some tips. A couple of the bosses are a huge pain solo on the first playthrough.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just beat Doom Eternal yesterday. loved it! as stated in the Doom thread, hadnt played a FPS since the early days of PS3. had barely played Doom 2016 on the Switch but gave up on it. saw it was on sale in the PS4 summer sale, so picked up Doom 2016 and currently playing that now. very different gameplay wise from Eternal in some senses.

so the question is...where do I go after Doom? Wolfenstein 2? Do I finally start playing the Call of Duty games? I don't play online

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    I've played all the Borderlands games almost entirely solo and I love them all. Once you get some good gear for your build you start wrecking face.

What boss are you stuck on? I might be able to offer some tips. A couple of the bosses are a huge pain solo on the first playthrough.
    Katagawa Ball since he's a huge bullet sponge.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Katagawa Ball since he's a huge bullet sponge.
    Oh, yep, that's my least favorite boss fight in the game. Get a good shock and corrosive weapon and go to town. If you're on PS4 I can lend a hand sometime if you just want to get past that point in the game.

Think I'm gonna start Mad Max today. Got it free from PS Plus awhile ago and I've heard good things about it.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Oh, yep, that's my least favorite boss fight in the game. Get a good shock and corrosive weapon and go to town. If you're on PS4 I can lend a hand sometime if you just want to get past that point in the game.
    Isn't that the one boss which you can cheese in the pipe section up-top? It might take a few attempts to get the positioning right to avoid the AOE/splash damage.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Isn't that the one boss which you can cheese in the pipe section up-top? It might take a few attempts to get the positioning right to avoid the AOE/splash damage.
    Could be, I haven't farmed him at all.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Ive been trying to play Pathfinder on Xbox, since i'm an old school table topper, and the instability is driving me crazy. Hoping for a patch soon.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Finally finished the Ghost of Tsushima story missions. 100% Now I need to back back and do ally missions, side stories, etc. I doubt I'll bother with platinum. So much more to play in back catalog.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I'm playing the new Avengers game and I really wanted to like this game. Iron Man's controls are terrible and the game controls in all are the opposite of intutive, the save system doesn't work, Deluxe Edition codes are having issues, the bad guys are sponges, microtransactions seem to be the only way to change your outfits. I really dislike the game so far, hopefully it will change but after 6 hours in I can't recommend this game. I feel im usually pretty fair when it comes to accepting new games but this game has me raging for all the wrong reasons, I want to SMASH my controller. Ryan SMASH
    Last edited by Rdm; 09-03-2020 at 06:20 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    I'm playing the new Avengers game and I really wanted to like this game. Iron Man's controls are terrible and the game controls in all are the opposite of intutive, the save system doesn't work, Deluxe Edition codes are having issues, the bad guys are sponges, microtransactions seem to be the only way to change your outfits. I really dislike the game so far, hopefully it will change but after 6 hours in I can't recommend this game. I feel im usually pretty fair when it comes to accepting new games but this game has me raging for all the wrong reasons, I want to SMASH my controller. Ryan SMASH
    The beta was boring as fuck, it's a cash cow game milking the franchise name to death, it had clunky controls and felt like a shitty mid 2000's movie tie in game that had no movie tied to it. That's my opinion, then there's this guy. I always trust Jim Sterling. A fat man doesn't lie.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I’m playing Dragon Quest 6 and it’s been great... just mindless retro rpg escapism. There’s something magical when you fall into the hypnotic pattern of these games, and 6 is not the best, but it’s still something so unique (even if it’s the same formula)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    The beta was boring as fuck, it's a cash cow game milking the franchise name to death, it had clunky controls and felt like a shitty mid 2000's movie tie in game that had no movie tied to it. That's my opinion, then there's this guy. I always trust Jim Sterling. A fat man doesn't lie.

lol I agree with everything he said. Also, the game took me 10 hours to beat. Paid 80 dollars for the deluxe edition that the code didn't even work and no steel case.About to sell it on eBay

Playing Mortal Shell- pretty cool game so far but the game for sure feels like an indie game
    Last edited by Rdm; 09-06-2020 at 08:59 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    lol I agree with everything he said. Also, the game took me 10 hours to beat. Paid 80 dollars for the deluxe edition that the code didn't even work and no steel case.About to sell it on eBay

Playing Mortal Shell- pretty cool game so far but the game for sure feels like an indie game
    Yea... They need to send out a patch for the items to pop up if the obvious troubleshooting doesn't work. But what the fuck with the steel book? I also purchased the deluxe from best buy and when I went to pick it up, I was handed a simple ps4 case and was instantly confused. Checked my order closer to reveal it was being shipped separately so depending on where you purchased, you may still be getting it; mine just shipped today but I would really like to know what that was all about.

About the game, I am actually enjoying it a lot so far. Visuals are good, game play is monotonous, but fun and the story I really like so far.

Fuck, this game is so freaking divisive though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got a Switch last Christmas.

I’ve been playing it quite a bit.

The first games I got were Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, and Super Mario Odyssey.

With Ultimate Alliance 3, I gotta admit I was a little disappointed. Confusing controls; no real connection to the powers. I still play it a little, but mostly for a Marvel fix.

Super Mario Odyssey, on the other hand, is one of the best games I’ve ever played, and I’ve been playing games since Pong (my uncle had it). The only thing is I wish I didn’t have to use the game card for it. I would play it more if it was there all the time.

I downloaded Doom 2016. That’s how I learned that I needed a microSD card.

Anyway, I have downloaded a few games, and I have been enjoying playing.

I love Mario Kart, play a lot of Octopath Traveler, some Astral Chain. Some Mario Tennis.

I got Hollow Knight, haven’t played it a whole bunch though.

Recently downloaded Breath of the Wild. I have it and beat it on the Wii U, but about a week ago I found myself jonesing to play it, and I did not want to play it on the Wii U. So, I picked it up. Glad I did, too. It’s so good.

But the damn controllers are so small! I even got third party rails for them that make them bigger, and they’re still hard to use and make my hands hurt.

Otherwise, home run.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm going in finsih Persona 5...i'm 88 hours in, i "think" i'm near the end...but i have been doing the true end route which in Royal gives you an extra semester and new palace so i probably have another...20-30 hours? I'm aming to get the platinum while i'm at it. And Makoto is the best girl, though they game does make you feel pretty bad for not romancing the others

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I just tried out Spelunky 2 based on the reviews... what am I missing here? This game is terrible!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Finished up the plat for Mad Max yesterday. It's a pretty by-the-numbers open world game but I really enjoyed it. Ground and car combat are both tough at first but are good fun once you get some upgrades. Got it from PS+ so a free 80+ hour(I spent a lot of time screwing around with collectibles) game hit the spot during quarantine.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I just tried out Spelunky 2 based on the reviews... what am I missing here? This game is terrible!
    that's me with #1. couldn't figure out how it's supposed to be 'fun' to die so much and get almost no upgrades to make it easier. it's mostly about luck and I hate that.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Anyone here been able to beat Darkest Dungeon? Shit's hard as hell.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I've heard so many good things about this game.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I've heard so many good things about this game.
    i put it on my wishlist. i guess i should buy it before it's not on sale anymore.

i got Infernium on the switch store yesterday for like $3 or something (it's normally $25) and i'm really looking forward to checking it out.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Did anyone ever play Yoshi's Story on the N64 back in the day?

I've been playing the demo of Yoshi's Crafted World on the Switch with our daughter and it's bringing back all the feels of that game.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Did anyone ever play Yoshi's Story on the N64 back in the day?

I've been playing the demo of Yoshi's Crafted World on the Switch with our daughter and it's bringing back all the feels of that game.
    yes! one of my favorite games! i got my 10th(?) birthday cake with a bunch of colorful yoshis on it because i loved it so much.

i have Wooly World and it's so much fun (and surprisingly challenging!) and also fucking adorable. haven't checked out Crafted World yet because i don't have $60 to spare but i'm hoping it goes on sale at some point.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm SOOOO close to finishing Persona 5R (into the new palace and true ending...it's pretty messed up!) but i did start Genshin Impact, which is a free game on PS4 which is just collecting cute anime characters with different elements and chilling in a very Breathe of the Wild openworld...i'm digging it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Game is pretty hard. I'm not gonna unlock any skins or gems really for a 100%.

I beat N. Gin.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-03-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Game is pretty hard. I'm not gonna unlock any skins or gems really for a 100%.

I beat N. Gin.
    As a huge fan of the Crash series I've waited so long for this game, but the difficulty is really souring the experience for me. I've managed pretty much everything on the N Sane Trilogy & CTR except for Stormy Ascent's relic - but knowing already that I'm never going to be able to be within any kind of distance of unlocking these perfect relics for every level, and therefore never achieving the secret ending kinda sucks.

It seems Toys 4 Bob went along with the whole 'Dark Souls of Platforming' thing when making this game, and a lot of it seems to be difficult just for the sake of being difficult.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    As a huge fan of the Crash series I've waited so long for this game, but the difficulty is really souring the experience for me. I've managed pretty much everything on the N Sane Trilogy & CTR except for Stormy Ascent's relic - but knowing already that I'm never going to be able to be within any kind of distance of unlocking these perfect relics for every level, and therefore never achieving the secret ending kinda sucks.

It seems Toys 4 Bob went along with the whole 'Dark Souls of Platforming' thing when making this game, and a lot of it seems to be difficult just for the sake of being difficult.
    Even though I'm a huge fan for over 20+ years I still never 100% any of the Crash games. I'll beat this but I won't get most of the unlockables and I'm fine with it now.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-03-2020 at 11:32 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Surely you guys can just wing it through the game like this dude did with the demo.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Not the biggest fan of speed runs, but some do intrigue me. I'm pretty dam good at Crash games and this blows my mind.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Final Fantasy 14 Online. Maybe it’s the COVID cabin fever, but this is saving my sanity. I stopped playing about five years ago, and there’s just so much new content to dive into now. It’s also strangely zen to just wander through the forest harvesting crafting materials.