Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 3844

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    MLB the Show 19
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Dark Souls 3
    NBA 2K20

I wanted to get MLB 20 but don't have the 60 dollars for it right now. Not sure if anyone here plays sports video games or is into sports. Just wondering if MLB 20 is worth dropping 60 for right now.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    been feeling dumpy lately because of this so ordered The Last of Us (hey why not play the end of the world) and Split/Second for my PS3. I loved Split/Second when it came out, played it to a 100% trophy as well. I wish Disney didn't cancel their game divisions when they did and we could have gotten a sequel. such a good concept.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Been playing a lot of Guilty Gear (trying to get good). Probably finish my Yakuza 6 playthrough today. Some Animal Crossing. And maybe force myself into some Death Stranding.

Mostly biding my time until RE3 and FF7R (and a few fighting game updates).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Valfaris is on sale on the switch store for $14.99 (normally $24.99) so i bought it yesterday. another game that i'm probably going to put a lot of hours into like i did with Dead Cells. at least this one has checkpoints! and a soundtrack by the guy from Celtic Frost! it's fucking awesome!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Started Doom (first one). Picked up MediEvil on sale too.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Been playing Control on my down time.

This game needed a difficulty setting. This game can be a slog to play after replaying some areas over and over and over. Most of my death aren't even due to my shitty playing. This is the first game in years that I've played that when I die it's completely random.

I still like the game though.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Trying again to get through The Last of Us. It just feels depressing, and I don't love stealth gameplay. IMO, the action-y gameplay is weak.

The writing and everything else is incredible, it's just not a joy for me. It feels like a chore.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Trying again to get through The Last of Us. It just feels depressing, and I don't love stealth gameplay. IMO, the action-y gameplay is weak.

The writing and everything else is incredible, it's just not a joy for me. It feels like a chore.
    One of the best games I played last year. The story hit me in the gut and I was pretty emotionally involved with it. I thought for a game that came out in 2013ish, it played and looked well. Keep at it. It’ll be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i'm playing the FUCK out of GTA Chinatown Wars- i've especially gotten addicted to the drug running aspect. this is on my DS, btw.

I've honestly never done anything but just cause destruction on GTA games, starting with the first one.

But i have a few from the PS2 and 3 eras, just sitting there, and, holy shit- if it's a bigger version of what i'm playing on the DS, i am sooooo in.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I have never beaten the game on 3 or 4 but I own it on both. The game is enjoyable but the gameplay sections are....tedious. I was planning on beating it on 4 before the second game comes out in May.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    this is kinda weird, but I'm finally playing the VR game Job Simulator. Hilarious and maybe exactly what I needed right now. They should give this out for free in April if they had any sense of humor.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    this is kinda weird, but I'm finally playing the VR game Job Simulator. Hilarious and maybe exactly what I needed right now. They should give this out for free in April if they had any sense of humor.
    Hold on to that game as it was printed in very limited quantities and is fetching a pretty penny on the bay. I sold my last used copy for $90 shipped!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Astro Bot Rescue Mission is fucking magical. It reminds me of that time I first played Mario 64 and had that "WOW" factor... but on steroids. This is a great way to escape the bullshit.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Added another game collection to my backlog since COVID-19 horseshit is gonna still cancel life as we know it and with some games delayed, no concerts for probably the entire summer (probably year at this rate) and boredom being home I said why not.

Xbox Store had a sale for Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 ReMix Collection. 6 (actually 4) games for $19.99. Couldn't pass it up.

KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX
    KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories
    KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days (HD Remastered cinematics)
    KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX
    KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep Final MIX
    KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded (HD Remastered cinematics)

Head up if anyone else wants it, sale ends tonight.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    About to finish FF7R. Pretty much played nonstop since Thursday night. So good.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, I am about to finish (read: beat the final boss last night, now I'm on the final chapter) the latest God of War and my GOD am I going to miss this game. I haven't played any of the previous games, and while I was hoping I would like it, I never in a million years thought it would end up being in my top five favorite games of all time but here we are. What a beautiful, moving, incredibly fun game. I don't want it to end.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Finally dove head first into The Witcher 3 after buying the complete edition a couple of months ago. My god, what a fantastic game. Just finished up the main story last night and I've barely done any of the side quests or activities. Gotta level up one more time then I'm gonna start the Hearts of Stone DLC. I guess I'll just be living on the Continent for this whole quarantine.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hooked up my old PlayStation and started playing Saga Frontier 2, the original FF7, and some Star Ocean Second Story.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ^^^ why is it upside down?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Prob only way to get the disc to spin haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been playing the FFVII remake.

Absolutely in love with it. It's so fucking cool to see these old characters in modern HD. So many scenes make me feel just downright emotional with nostalgia. Can't wait to play more later.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlaySt...dware_problems

The first batch of PlayStations use a KSM-440AAM laser unit, whose case and movable parts are all built out of plastic. Over time, the plastic lens sled rail wears out—usually unevenly—due to friction. The placement of the laser unit close to the power supply accelerates wear, due to the additional heat, which makes the plastic more vulnerable to friction. Eventually, one side of the lens sled will become so worn that the laser can tilt, no longer pointing directly at the CD; after this, games will no longer load, due to data read errors. One common fix is turning the PlayStation upside down, which makes the lens sled rest on the unworn top rails. Sony eventually fixed the problem by making the sled out of die-cast metal and placing the laser unit further away from the power supply on later PlayStation models.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Pretty sure that’s happening with my PS4 right now. Another quick fix is to tap on the top of it, right above where the disc drive is while it’s spinning. Works almost every time.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Pretty sure that’s happening with my PS4 right now. Another quick fix is to tap on the top of it, right above where the disc drive is while it’s spinning. Works almost every time.
    i wonder if it would fix my PS2 that won't read discs

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    i wonder if it would fix my PS2 that won't read discs
    Give it a try!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Give it a try!
    i was kind of joking the ps1 has a spindle, but the ps2 is a tray-loader, so there's not a way to do it without risking the disc being damaged.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Started Cup Head today and like, fuck this game tho?

I'm all for strategy games, but the sadistic assholes who made this fucking game figured out a way to suck all the joy out of playing it. Looks genuinely amazing on the art side, but is almost unplayably difficult.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    That's kind of the way I felt about Duet. It is an incredibly fun and addictive game that is also ridiculously, almost impossibly hard at the same time. I kind of hated and loved that game equally. I got up to, like, level 80 (which took MONTHS) out of like 120, which was seriously fucking hard, and then my phone died and I lost all my progress and I never went back

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Finally dove head first into The Witcher 3 after buying the complete edition a couple of months ago. My god, what a fantastic game. Just finished up the main story last night and I've barely done any of the side quests or activities. Gotta level up one more time then I'm gonna start the Hearts of Stone DLC. I guess I'll just be living on the Continent for this whole quarantine.
    My roommate is encouraging me to try it and I am kind of scared to, TBH. I just finished the latest God of War and while I absolutely loved it, it was a bit overwhelming in terms of the number of things to do (though not nearly as much as, say, Red Dead Redemption or something, but still a lot). So the thought of jumping into a game that huge, ESPECIALLY when I am one of those people that really, really wants to explore and try EVERYTHING (ok, almost everything) that the game has to offer, it's a bit intimidating. ha ha