Page 121 of 129 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,630 of 3845

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I’m not wrong. Of course there’s low effort because people will buy it anyways. I see EA’s reasoning.

As for my 2K statement I only ever bought 3 in the past decade and one was bargain bin pricing. I’m not buying them for awhile after 20.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    There is absolutely no reason to buy a Fifa or Madden game every year. Fifa literally released a statement saying they pretty much sold you the same exact game. Yes, the people that want to play will buy this fucking trash, but that doesn't mean everyone should just follow ship because it is the only NFL game out there due to EA greed.

Besides the drones that blindly buy this crap every year, there are plenty of others out there that continuously call out the shit that EA just blantly ignores like the banner Glitch that has been in the game for 5 years now and no fix in sight; it just shows they simply don't give a shit and straight lie to their dumbass user base. Can I blame them? Yes... I can. They make money regardless if they pump out the same shit every year, so yes, I will fault them for being greedy ass fucks that don't seem to care what state the game is ever in...

They really lost me when they said they couldn't render fucking helmets... Sorry, but if you support this garbage, you're part of the problem..

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    look, I could give two shits about the games/revenue streams and the people who play them: I took issue with the vehemence of the discussion.

If it were predatory of EA then I'd be on board. all they're doing is the absolute laziest thing they can and they rake money in.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Depends on which version you get, if you get the new PS5/XBSX ones then the engine has been redone. The other ones...yeah they're retreads.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I think I might get Far Cry 6 this weekend. It's been a bit since I've had a game that I was really into and those games are pretty fun. I've only played 4 & 5, but I got the 3rd one super cheap last year (I think it was $3). I think about started that one once in a while, but it's an older game and newer games always seem more appealing with their superior graphics.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Been going through some demos of retro style FPS games on Steam.

I played Project Warlock 2, Fallen Aces, Forgive Me Father, CULTIC, POSTAL: Brain Damaged and Blood West so far.

Some really cool stuff here with a variety of different gameplay and visual styles. Check'em out if you're curious!

Next on my list are Supplice, Kingdom of the Dead and ASKE.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Move the dial up, I adore this game! Had a convo with Jinsai about it I believe I few months ago. The art direction, the bosses, I was very surprised it wasn't spoken about enough.
    The art direction is something that I keep looking at and thinking "Man I'm playing this on a console from the same company that gave us MK Sweat". Specifically the bile upgrade guy. whew boy every time I have to upgrade I'm uncomfortable.

I've only had to go to YT/guides for two things, one being a boss and the other for the tongue powerup. Which, holy crap. someone had to figure that out? There are so many steps! the game is a whole lot of "press x" and does something happen maybe maybe not. it doesn't tell you anything about why you need to press x there or what you need to have in your inventory. Just a whole lot of "Nothing happened" until it does because you found something.

It's crazy to me that I'm 84% through the map and have approached it in some very out-of-order ways. Like I show up over-powered for the boss fight that I kept getting my ass handed to me but minus some critical buffs that I hadn't found yet.

I found a dog and pet the dog but I haven't seen the dog since. The way the game is going I have to wonder if that was part of a quest or if it was just a random interaction.

oh right, difficulty: no way, no thank you, nein. I have been getting my butt handed to me way too frequently.

side note: I've had some bosses glitch into easy mode I feel like. the Don't Shake the Baby boss for example was a tough one to get the patterns down and then suddenly I just tore through the encounter with almost no damage because it stopped attacking me as furiously. It makes me feel like there's a "yo it's their 15th try" dumbing down or something. Though it didn't work with the lightning boss on the bridge, that's the one I had to watch a video on. too many similar attack wind-ups that I couldn't predict while also playing.
    Last edited by allegate; 10-12-2021 at 11:53 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I beat the game and the lore is just something else entirely. is there a game bible somewhere where the story is laid out or is gamefaqs the only place that you can find it? hell there's a wiki for the game that has "insert image here" placeholder text and it's been out for two years so I'm at a loss.

took me awhile but I got the map to 100%. apparently there's a hidden art room and that was the last bit I needed. Now I just need to go and find that last angel - which I'm pretty sure is glitched because I used a video that showed the locations and checked all of the "you need these things equipped to get them" and I have all of those. so now I'm going through and just destroying every location with magic to see if they're just invisible or something but it's taking me forever.

I need to find this last one so I can at least start the NG+ and try some of the DLC out.

I kind of loved the arcade game, wish it were easier to find. oh and cheaper so I could play it more frequently. I'm at the point where I'm not getting tons of tears - no bosses / quests - so it's a PITA.

is there any reason to actually find and talk to all of the bodies? I'm on a switch so an achievement popping means nothing to me.

Finally, about the switch: man this game has some slowdown and it gives me so much grief, especially on the rose challenge rooms where you have to time jumps and dodges and slides and all that shit to the millisecond. funnily enough I think it was the skin? You know those enemies with the gold bull's head? when I execute them in the OG suit it clangs when the head hits the ground behind you. when I changed suits after getting all of the body parts it clangs when you hit the ground in front of you. it's the weirdest bug. also the game seems to have turned on a smooth-scrolling because I am booking it through levels and this is with and without the rosary bead for speed.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I can't be the only person on the Final Fantasy 14 hype train at the moment... It is legitimately exciting to feel like I'm finally catching up, and will be ready to rock w/ the rest of the people playing this when Endwalker launches. So far, Shadowbringers has been incredible. It's amazing that this game is basically hidden as an expansion pack to an MMORPG. You have to dive through at least 200 hours of content to reach it (if you aren't paying to skip ahead, which is a bad idea if you don't know how to play). And that's if you are just rushing through the story... there's so much content in each of these expansions.

Though it's worth noting that if you just look at Shadowbringers as an isolated game, it'd rank up there with the best entries in the FF series, easily. If not the best, it's up there.

But, if I'm timing this right, I should be ready to go in a few weeks. Shadowbringers really is amazing, and so was Heavensward. Stormblood, not as much, but it had good moments.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I finished Far Cry 6 the other night. I really liked the story, at least made a little sense why your character can absolutely destroy an army right out of the gate. Certainly the best game since the 3rd one, I'm looking forward to the DLCs and a freaking remastered version of Blood Dragon next month.

Back to Subnautica for my billionth playthrough.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I've been playing this game called Arthurian Legends that's on Steam and it's so fucking dope. A first person dark fantasy slasher that evokes 90s build engine shooters and uses a lot of photo references for the sprites, for example the classic HUD the game uses? The character's mugshot is the developer himself! If i am not mistaken all the weapons are props he took photos of and his own hands are visible and the enemies are images of dolls that he's dressed up. Really cool game that i recommend checking out!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/6...urian_Legends/

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I found this old Super Nintendo game called Wings 2: Aces High.
    It's a world war 1 game released AFTER the N64 I think, so it damn sure LOOKS pretty.
    You do missions: either bombing, dogfights, or strafe where you gotta fly low and blow things up. It's addictive as hell, and you get experience points you can use to power up your pilots.
    But if you crash the plane, your pilot DIES. They have a little memorial for him and everything.
    And it's easy to crash the plane.
    Thank god for save states, too. It's NOT cheating; there is a continue code you can write down at any time, but they're like 20 characters long.
    Basically, think Biplane in Pilotwings, but with mode 7 dogfights, better graphics, and accurate WW1 touches, instead of just flying and landing.

This is the weird shit I find with full libraries on an Anbernic 351p

Edit: By the way there are rumors of a an Anbernic 551 or something, coming soon. If it's under $200, and plays all N64/DS/PSP/Dreamcast without a hitch? Ooooh, lord!

I mean the Retroid Pocket 2 runs N64 perfectly and I think that's the ONLY reason people buy it over the Anbernic. I've seen PURPORTED footage of this new Anbernic chipset running the God of War sequels on PSP, which is pretty much the most demanding thing you can throw at it out of those systems.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-31-2021 at 07:09 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I've been playing this game called Arthurian Legends that's on Steam and it's so fucking dope. A first person dark fantasy slasher that evokes 90s build engine shooters and uses a lot of photo references for the sprites, for example the classic HUD the game uses? The character's mugshot is the developer himself! If i am not mistaken all the weapons are props he took photos of and his own hands are visible and the enemies are images of dolls that he's dressed up. Really cool game that i recommend checking out!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/6...urian_Legends/
    Whoa, that reminds me of Witchaven, do you remember that? LOVED that game.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I never played the Witchaven games but i definitely know of them, i can see the resemblance for sure. I was even reminded of Rise of the Triad because the enemies are all using photos but instead of dolls it's people and you can also see real human hands when using the handguns or the hand of god.

Last edited by thelastdisciple; 11-01-2021 at 10:04 AM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Whoa, that reminds me of Witchaven, do you remember that? LOVED that game.
    Holy crap, i used to love "Witchaven", i could never finish it, since my old computer would crash all the time, lol!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Well I started Sackboy: A Big Adventure last night. Holy shit this is a fun game, and the music is absolutely amazing! I need to research who did it, but it's some of the best videogame music I've heard in a long time. Highly highly recommend.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Just finished 2-player Final Fantasy V. That Job System is such a great mechanic. Onto 2P FF VI, and then a 2P Earthbound mod.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Inscryption appears to be a wild-ass game if you can get past the card mechanics. I'm listening to a spoiler-filled podcast about the game and wow, it goes some places. anyone played it yet?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Anyone played Deathloop yet? It's on sale for 25-30 bucks right now, so I picked it up on PC.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Anyone played Deathloop yet? It's on sale for 25-30 bucks right now, so I picked it up on PC.
    I’ve been playing it for PS5 since it came out. I’m on the final mission but can’t bring myself to start it yet because I love it so much. An absolute treasure of a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    You guys ever play the Strike series, like Desert Strike, Jungle Strike, etc?
    They were on PC, Amiga, Genesis, Super Nintendo, etc.

If you never came across them in the wild, you may know them best as fodder for "5 Eerie Things That Predicted 9/11" type videos, because of THIS part of the third game.

But there is WAY more to these games than a creepy coincidence.

I played through the first three in 09 or so. I recently started the first one again, and good GOD, i love these games.

They're often categorized as "shoot 'em ups," but they DAMN sure aren't that...at least, they aren't JUST that. If you come at them from that angle, you won't get very far.

They're actually a brilliant combination of real time combat, and real time strategy, with an emphasis on accomplishing objectives, while managing limited resources (fuel, guns, armor.)
    They're also SOMEWHAT realistic. The first one, for instance, Desert Strike: Return to the Gulf, basically rewrites the history of Desert Storm. In THIS version, the US and co sent in a crack team of heavily armed Apache helicopters, and won the war that way.

I fucking love it. These games are VERY addictive.

I think they're kind of hidden gems.
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-27-2021 at 06:11 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    You guys ever play the Strike series, like Desert Strike, Jungle Strike, etc?
    I LOVED those games on the Genesis. I want to say I only had Desert and Nuclear Strike. I still have my Sega somewhere down in the basement, might have to dig it out one of these days.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    I LOVED those games on the Genesis. I want to say I only had Desert and Nuclear Strike. I still have my Sega somewhere down in the basement, might have to dig it out one of these days.
    Man i've never played Nuclear, but i love Desert, Jungle, and Urban. There's also Soviet Strike, AND, a planned game called Future Strike that was evolved into Future Cop: LAPD. It's about mechs and such, but apparently retains similar gameplay.
    As far as digging things out of the basement, have you no emulation device?
    All you need is a pc and a controller, or an old Wii, or, hell, a cheap controller to snap onto your smartphone and a couple apps

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    As far as digging things out of the basement, have you no emulation device?
    All you need is a pc and a controller, or an old Wii, or, hell, a cheap controller to snap onto your smartphone and a couple apps
    I do not have an emulation device, just something I never got into. I do have a Wii I haven't used in years. I'm spoiled by modern controls, I tried playing the PS2 port of Vice City a few years ago and just couldn't do it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I'm sorry, my brain can't get past the fact you said "PS2 port" for a game that premiered on the PS2. I'm sure you meant PC port?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I'm sorry, my brain can't get past the fact you said "PS2 port" for a game that premiered on the PS2. I'm sure you meant PC port?
    No sorry I meant the PS2 version that they ported to PS4, it was just an emulated PS2 version with trophies added. They removed those versions from the store when this new "definitive" trilogy came out.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    ah I see, makes sense.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Considering getting ghost of Tsushima for ps5 - anyone played it that can confirm it’s a good game worth getting?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Considering getting ghost of Tsushima for ps5 - anyone played it that can confirm it’s a good game worth getting?

I really enjoyed it and got addicted to it, great story.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth

Fun, yet short, Metroidvania. Might wanna check this one out next month, @elevenism