Page 1 of 128 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What are you playing?

I reckon this subforum could be doing with one of these threads for general gaming recommendations (or not).

I have far too many games and flick between several at any one time. I seem to have become bored with Skyrim after about 50 hours and finishing the main quest line, so I've gone back to a few flight sims with Rise of Flight and DCS: A-10C Warthog, which are probably the two best combat flight sims on the market at the moment.

I also picked up Unity of Command after itching to play an operational level wargame, but far too intimidated by Gary Grigsby's War in the East. It really is an entry-level wargame, takes a matter of minutes to learn but is incredibly deep. The supply system is elegant and satisfying. It seems to be getting a great reception from respected journalists.

Also picked up The Binding of Isaac ​in the Steam sale. Great value, so far.

I still have Dark Souls sitting in its box in my drawer. Would really like to get in and see what the fuss is all about, but I hardly ever turn on my PS3. If only they would port these games to a more suitable platform :P

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Skyrim. A lot.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just beat Splinter Cell: Conviction. I remember the first game being really hard and addicting. I had stopped playing the rest of them but picked up this one and I love it. It's easier then the first one, from what I remember but it's still really fun. Well the last few levels got somewhat difficult. Oh well, I'm going to be playing the co-op with my brother. WOO.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I got back into L.A. Noire over the weekend. Had already 5 starred all the cases but needed to find all the collectibles. Without a guide I don't think I would've been able to find a single one of the gold film reels, those things were ridiculously well hidden. A few of the cars were a pain in the ass to find as well.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Picked it up for $19.99 brand new. oddly the game is slightly shy of a year old and was $60.00 then. I got the Epic Edition and I have my Gears of War 3 Beta Invitation that came with it! Wow...I'm only about a year too late. LOL.

I don't know why people dislike Bulletstorm, I enjoyed it a great deal when I beat it last summer and I do now replaying it a second time. I'm giving my time to Echo Missions and the multiplayer Anarchy mode, which i did not the first go around as I borrowed it from a friend then. I'm mopping up for achievements...got 27 out of 60 so far. I'd love to buy the DLC but it is a bit more pricier than what I would like to pay. 800 MSP for each of them and there's two, Blood Symphony and Gun Sonata. Maybe someday...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Got quite a bit on the go at the moment:

Lord of the Rings: War in the North- Playing co-op with my wife. Great fun with a surprisingly existent story.

ArcaniA: Gothic 4- Heard some bad word of mouth about this one, but I found it cheap in a bargain bin and thought I'd give it a try. It's not terrible and I'm into it enough that I feel like finishing it, but it's nothing too special.

Shadows of the Damned- Only about 30mins in at this stage. Seems fun/funny.

Resonance of Fate- I can't get my head around how the battle system works. I'll probably be a lot more into it once I figure it out.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    NightSky, Shank, Super Meat Boy, Max and the Magic Marker, Fractal, Trine, BF3, BF BC2, Borderlands, CSS, Left4Dead2, Portal 2, Age of Mythology, Wings of Prey, Orcs Must Die!, Revenge of The Titans, Anomaly Warzone Earth.

In the last week. I only play them for half an hour, then do other things. I get bored fast.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I love Sam's Club. Got this new for $26.96 there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Civilizations 5, Gears of War 3, Geomoetry Wars 1 and 2 (been trying to get the last achievements I need for them).

Also picked up the PSP remake of Tactics Ogre today. Pretty stoked.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I just played Wipeout 2048 in town, was really impressed, so much so I pre-ordered a Vita. This said, I'm a Wipeout fanboy. So that was probably going to happen sooner or later.

Otherwise I just got Sins of a Solar Empire off steam and am about to dig in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    I just played Wipeout 2048 in town, was really impressed, so much so I pre-ordered a Vita. This said, I'm a Wipeout fanboy. So that was probably going to happen sooner or later.

Otherwise I just got Sins of a Solar Empire off steam and am about to dig in.
    Sins is awesome. I fucking love that game so hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bought Sins and all expansions and yet have actually not played it yet! And I bought it when it first came out!

Right now I'm into (on PC)

rFactor 2
    Skyrim
    Saints Row The Third
    Dawn of War II
    Football Manager 2012

Plus all the usual Paradox Interactive brain candy.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The Darkness II demo. Holy shit can't wait for this game.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    I've been playing a lot of PSone classics lately and man does it bring you back.

Dead Space 1 & 2 - Geez these games are fantastic. It's like Resident Evil in space, but a lot more scarier in my opinion. Just beat both games, now trying to get some ridiculously hard trophies.

Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, and 3 Yes they are pretty straight forward games, but trying to get every gem and box in every level is pretty dam challenging. Why they haven't made a reboot for this game is beyond me.

Earthworm Jim

Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone Wayy better than the first. Fun, but still tons of flaws. Trophies are freaking annoying as fuck to get.

Chrono Trigger Fucking love this game. Probably one of the best and most forgotten Rpg's out there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    I got back into L.A. Noire over the weekend. Had already 5 starred all the cases but needed to find all the collectibles. Without a guide I don't think I would've been able to find a single one of the gold film reels, those things were ridiculously well hidden. A few of the cars were a pain in the ass to find as well.
    Getting 100% in this would've been such a bitch without Rockstar's social club stats. It made things infinitely easier once they added a way to track which cars you'd already found.

Currently playing Alan Wake at the moment; I was playing Fallout: New Vegas and Mafia II before that and I've been meaning to pick up Mass Effect again before the new game arrives in March. It's only recently that I've had too many games too play and too little time—I used to be disappointed with the selection of games the Xbox had to offer 'til I started branching out into FPS.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I've been playing a lot of PSone classics lately and man does it bring you back.

Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, and 3 Yes they are pretty straight forward games, but trying to get every gem and box in every level is pretty dam challenging. Why they haven't made a reboot for this game is beyond me.

Chrono Trigger Fucking love this game. Probably one of the best and most forgotten Rpg's out there.
    I'm pretty sure Chrono Trigger hasn't been forgotten about, its available on just about every platform out there! No argument that its very good though! The Wii Ware versions was given top marks from a load of sites not so long ago.

<3 Crash Bandicoot too. those first 3 games (especially 2 +3) were some of the defining moments on the Playstation for me. They did do a 'reboot' a few years back, however it wasn't great. The trouble is the rights have passed through a load of different publishers and I think it is now in the hands of Activision (dun-dun DUN). Would be nice though! A year or so I remeber reading a few really long accounts from one of the developers about the creation of Crash and 2. It was awesome.

Anyway...

I've been playing a ton of Eufloria, I'm horribly addicted:

I do still have Dark Souls to work through, and Deus Ex, and loads of things, but I'd rather play simple, slightly abstract strategy..Its on iPad I think, but I got it in the PSN sale for fairly cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Zelda: Skyward Sword

About 28 hours in and wondering how an old console that could produce a masterpiece such as this was ever allowed to die. As much as I know the way Zelda mechanics work (go round everywhere, collect new tool, go round everywhere again, collect new weapon, go round everywhere....) it's still dragged me in and just won't let go.

Just shows that when people got the use of the two controllers right (sadly, more miss than hit over the years) there really was nothing to touch it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Football Manager 2012, mostly. Binding of Isaac occasionally, still a fantastic game.

Also, this is one of the best game trailers ever:

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimA View Post
    Football Manager 2012, mostly. Binding of Isaac occasionally, still a fantastic game.

Agreed, saw this the other day and was amazed.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)

forgotten? Chrono Trigger is commonly considered one of the best RPGs ever made.

I'm currently playing through Shadows of the Damned. It's a fun game, but it's maybe a little too easy, and the juvenile humor is occasionally cringe worthy. Definitely underrated though, considering that it was one of the biggest gaming flops of all time. Even considering that it's hard to recommend purchasing it though, since you can beat the game in less than seven hours...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Need For Speed: Most Wanted.

Yes, I have The Run, but until I upgrade my PC I will not touch the case again.

I really forgot how much of a race addict I am. It's also the first time I play my own racing games with a controller... as in not at work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimA View Post

Nice to meet a fellow player. Where are you managing? I'm in Mexico right now.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    I'm pretty sure Chrono Trigger hasn't been forgotten about, its available on just about every platform out there! No argument that its very good though! The Wii Ware versions was given top marks from a load of sites not so long ago.
    I only say forgotten because of personal interactions I guess. I know it is widely available, but I figured it would get a lot more praise or even another sequel after Chrono Cross (which also kicked major ass) was released. I guess I am not keeping my ears open enough

<3 Crash Bandicoot too. those first 3 games (especially 2 +3) were some of the defining moments on the Playstation for me. They did do a 'reboot' a few years back, however it wasn't great. The trouble is the rights have passed through a load of different publishers and I think it is now in the hands of Activision (dun-dun DUN). Would be nice though! A year or so I remeber reading a few really long accounts from one of the developers about the creation of Crash and 2. It was awesome.
    I don't remember a reboot of any kind though. I looked it up and there were A LOT of sequels on the PS2 and odd enough, I never heard of any of them besides "Crash 4: The Wrath of Cortex", and I didn't even play that game. A current generation console reboot would be nice, but I feel it will just turn into another Sonic episode of making a lot of forgettable games. Sucks about the rights though, I know that Crash back in the day was Naughty Dogs baby.

So I am guessing Eufloria is worth buying? I know a lot of Pixle Junks games are great. I almost bought this about 4 times.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Currently cycling through Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed 2, Fallout New Vegas, and Beyond Good and Evil HD.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonedwarf View Post
    Nice to meet a fellow player. Where are you managing? I'm in Mexico right now.
    I've never been good at football management games, and I'm not even in to football that much, but I do like the idea of building up a small team from the bare bones. Really impressed with FM2012 so far, only had it about a week and I've put about 21 hours in. Downloaded some extra leagues and started off with Glossop North End AFC, since they're reasonably local to me, they are in the North-West Counties Premier division. Just finished my first season in 11th place. Reasonable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just logged into Battle.net after a long hiatus and noticed I have a Diablo III beta invite!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_CDN View Post
    I just logged into Battle.net after a long hiatus and noticed I have a Diablo III beta invite!
    A huge wave of beta keys went out yesterday evening. Sadly, most of them were only for people in NA.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I have Bats on the brain.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I only say forgotten because of personal interactions I guess. I know it is widely available, but I figured it would get a lot more praise or even another sequel after Chrono Cross (which also kicked major ass) was released. I guess I am not keeping my ears open enough

I don't remember a reboot of any kind though. I looked it up and there were A LOT of sequels on the PS2 and odd enough, I never heard of any of them besides "Crash 4: The Wrath of Cortex", and I didn't even play that game. A current generation console reboot would be nice, but I feel it will just turn into another Sonic episode of making a lot of forgettable games. Sucks about the rights though, I know that Crash back in the day was Naughty Dogs baby.

So I am guessing Eufloria is worth buying? I know a lot of Pixle Junks games are great. I almost bought this about 4 times.
    Eufloria is a lot like a mix of PJ Monsters, Mushroom Wars and the graphics of PJ Eden. There is a demo on PSN, and a PC demo, ipad version. its slow paced but I like that lately.

The most next gen Crash Bandicoot got was something on the 360, I vaguely recall playing a demo, but yet, I don't see him coming back anytime soon. If someone gave me Crash 2 in HD I was kiss them. Oddly tho, it is still really playable (at least to me) and I think it looks great.

The Metal Gear Solid Collection is on its way to me. Pumped to play Peace walker on something that isn't going to hurt my hand after an hour (aww PSP.. I can't stay mad at you.. but stick to RPGs...)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Finally got around to playing Flow yesterday. Don't like it as much as Flower but it's still pretty awesome, thatgamecompany makes very unique games. Can't wait until Journey releases.