Page 122 of 129 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,660 of 3845

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I beat the Guardians of the Galaxy game a few days ago and I cannot recommend that game enough! I was actually sad it was over because I wanted to see more of the story and spend more time with the characters (the voice cast is pretty much perfect). It was the most fun I've had playing a single-player game in years. It's hilarious, it has heart, and it looks phenomenal on PS5. I don't re-play games often, but I almost want to jump right back into it. If you've been considering it, do yourself a favor and pick it up!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I beat the Guardians of the Galaxy game a few days ago and I cannot recommend that game enough! I was actually sad it was over because I wanted to see more of the story and spend more time with the characters (the voice cast is pretty much perfect). It was the most fun I've had playing a single-player game in years. It's hilarious, it has heart, and it looks phenomenal on PS5. I don't re-play games often, but I almost want to jump right back into it. If you've been considering it, do yourself a favor and pick it up!
    I grabbed it for 28 bucks over Black Friday! I'm jumping into it after I finish Deaths Door which I HIGHLY recommend. It's incredibly charming, well written, and a treat to play for a top-down perspective.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I grabbed it for 28 bucks over Black Friday! I'm jumping into it after I finish Deaths Door which I HIGHLY recommend. It's incredibly charming, well written, and a treat to play for a top-down perspective.
    I loved Death's Door!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Final Fantasy 14 just went offline, and I really feel like this is the best co-op game ever made. At this point, you have to suffer through a lot of bs to catch up and get to where it's amazing, but when you get there, it's insane. Currently there's the problem where Square has had to suspend purchases because the servers are so overloaded... which is kind of nuts.

Once you really dive into this game it's just insane.. it's almost unfair how epic it gets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There is absolutely no reason to buy a Fifa or Madden game every year. Fifa literally released a statement saying they pretty much sold you the same exact game. Yes, the people that want to play will buy this fucking trash, but that doesn't mean everyone should just follow ship because it is the only NFL game out there due to EA greed. I still prefer WoW which has tons of opportunities to save your time doing some difficult or boring things.

Besides the drones that blindly buy this crap every year, there are plenty of others out there that continuously call out the shit that EA just blantly ignores like the banner Glitch that has been in the game for 5 years now and no fix in sight; it just shows they simply don't give a shit and straight lie to their dumbass user base. Can I blame them? Yes... I can. They make money regardless if they pump out the same shit every year, so yes, I will fault them for being greedy ass fucks that don't seem to care what state the game is ever in...

They really lost me when they said they couldn't render fucking helmets... Sorry, but if you support this garbage, you're part of the problem..
    See no reason in buying Fifa yearly either. Once every 3-4 years, tops.
    Giving Just Cause 3 another go. Played it first on PS4 but it was near unplayable with the severe frame drops so I dropped it. However, with PS5 it's running at a locked 30 with no drops whatsoever, not even during the most intense explosions. And this game is so much fun. The traversal is very good, especially with the upgraded Rocket wingsuit you get from Sky Fortress. And the island of Medici looks so beautiful. The colors really pop on my 4K setup.
    Last edited by Mcenroy; 12-29-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Finished Deathloop, LOVED it after I understood how to "rearrange" things. Pure genius.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I STILL haven't played FF7; my wife is playing it on my Anbernic and I'm scared to fuck up her save states, so I started playing 9.

And, holy hell, 9 is amazing. It looks like what they were GETTING at with 1-6, graphically, finally fully realized.

And there's references to the old games left and right. I'm really digging it.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Finished Deathloop, LOVED it after I understood how to "rearrange" things. Pure genius.
    When you say rearrange things, do you mean your load out? Absolutely loved this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    When you say rearrange things, do you mean your load out? Absolutely loved this game.

I meant mainly the rearranging of the Visionaries and the clues etc. I didn't like this game at first, then I figured out how the clues worked and it clicked for me. I was so confused at first on how it "worked" then figured it out. Probably my Game of the Year with Metroid Dread.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I meant mainly the rearranging of the Visionaries and the clues etc. I didn't like this game at first, then I figured out how the clues worked and it clicked for me. I was so confused at first on how it "worked" then figured it out. Probably my Game of the Year with Metroid Dread.
    Yeah I think most people took a little while to catch on - I remember playing and being so confused by the different menus - there visionary lead menu, the weapon menu, the documents, everything. And I absolutely went it and just started killing visionaries without a clue as to what I needed to accomplish. Which ending did you get?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

Got it in two today. It's fun but also if you have a good first word - Wheel of Fortune style - then you can usually do it pretty quickly. It's hard not to game the system like that because otherwise you're just guessing instead of figuring it out.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Yeah I think most people took a little while to catch on - I remember playing and being so confused by the different menus - there visionary lead menu, the weapon menu, the documents, everything. And I absolutely went it and just started killing visionaries without a clue as to what I needed to accomplish. Which ending did you get?

That's exactly how I was, the menus were super confusing...

I'll PM you with the ending.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

This game is great!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post

This game is great!
    I thought it was fantastic, I really got into it.

I didn't think enough people gave it a shot. It starts off like you would think a normal zombie-like game/show does...then you get into the story and start to care about the people. I really really liked it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I thought it was fantastic, I really got into it.

I didn't think enough people gave it a shot. It starts off like you would think a normal zombie-like game/show does...then you get into the story and start to care about the people. I really really liked it.
    I just rode south to the third camp that i had no idea was coming. This game is a lot bigger than i was expecting. I haven't taken on a horde yet but I've seen them and they are terrifying, especially when you hear them coming. Also those Nero checkpoints have been getting on my nerves with their loud speakers, just when i think I've got them all there's always one i overlooked somewhere annnnd then here come the freakers.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Also those Nero checkpoints have been getting on my nerves with their loud speakers, just when i think I've got them all there's always one i overlooked somewhere annnnd then here come the freakers.
    Every. Single. Time. Drove me fucking crazy. ha ha

I absolutely LOVED Days Gone. I played it twice, I'm sure I'll play it at least one more time at some point. It absolutely does start out fairly generic but the characters/story get SO MUCH better. And the hordes are an absolute blast. Loved it. Loved everything about it.

Right now I am playing Wolfenstein: The New Order (I know, I'm late to the party) and I'm having an absolute blast with it. Got it for 5 bucks from the Playstation store. Always such a trip when I get a game super cheap and it ends up being great. Getting way more than my money's worth out of it. I snatched up The Old Blood and The New Colossus, too, since they were both on sale super cheap. Can't wait to dive into those.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I STILL haven't played FF7; my wife is playing it on my Anbernic and I'm scared to fuck up her save states, so I started playing 9.

And, holy hell, 9 is amazing. It looks like what they were GETTING at with 1-6, graphically, finally fully realized.

And there's references to the old games left and right. I'm really digging it.
    7 is by far the best Final Fantasy game. I've played all of them. 9 is really good too, but it's truly hard to dive back into, even w/ the new HD remaster that allows you to speed time up. In my opinion, the only FF game that comes close to 7 is 6. They're both masterpieces, but very different in their presentation. 7 vs 9 for me is a no-brainer. 7 all the way.

Right now actually, I'm toggling between Final Fantasy 14 and 7 Remake, and they're both amazing. If you haven't tried Final Fantasy 14 and you have a decent computer or a PS4, it's free, and you should make a character on the Exodus server.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    7 is by far the best Final Fantasy game. I've played all of them. 9 is really good too, but it's truly hard to dive back into, even w/ the new HD remaster that allows you to speed time up. In my opinion, the only FF game that comes close to 7 is 6. They're both masterpieces, but very different in their presentation. 7 vs 9 for me is a no-brainer. 7 all the way.

Right now actually, I'm toggling between Final Fantasy 14 and 7 Remake, and they're both amazing. If you haven't tried Final Fantasy 14 and you have a decent computer or a PS4, it's free, and you should make a character on the Exodus server.
    Edit: Is Persona 2 worth playing?

I'll get to 7 as soon as my wife is done with it. She sold her Retroid Pocket 2 in anticipation of getting a 2 Plus, and the chip in her Anbernic doesn't have FF7, so we're sharing my Anbernic, I guess.
    idk, though. I feel like nine is one last love letter to 1-6. I like the black mages and armor and such, like the old days. I like the puedo medieval setting and the sense of humor. I've seen a lot of 7 gameplay, and although it looks great, it just isn't my idea of Final Fantasy, what with the guns and motorcycles.

I haven't had trouble with time so far, but I've certainly got a fast forward button.

Anyway, I'm ALSO looking forward to Xenogears. I can't fucking BELIEVE that it has so much Gnosticism in it.
    And Suikoden 2 is on my list, along with the Secret of Mana sequel.
    But yeah, mostly lately, I'm tripping out on these PS1 RPGs in general. I had a PS1, but just for Tekken 2 and 3, and Symphony.
    So as an rpg fan who's only played nes, snes, gb/gba/ds rpgs, my mind is being blown by 20 year old games.

Also: I've got a ps2 and 3 around here somewhere, but no 4. And I just can't sit at the computer for hours these days-it's a desktop, unfortunately.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-14-2022 at 02:31 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Been hunting the hordes in Days Gone now that i have some reasonable firepower although tracking down materials for the Napalm Molotov is a pain in the ass.

I've seen some dudes with flamethrowers. I want a flamethrower!

Once I do a few more hordes I''ll tackle the Sawmill story mission which is where I'm currently at in my progression.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Finished Returnal over the weekend and loved it. I really don't like Roguelike games at all, but I really got into it. The good thing is that there are good shortcuts between biomes, and then the second half goes by quicker IMO.

I had a badass RNG roll that let me get an adrenaline healing power (which helps a TON), and used the electropylon driver to clear enemies out quickly. Leech shot for the carbine also helps.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Pokemon Arceus is a good bit of fun! Just did the campaign in about 25 hours. That was my first Pokemon game ever. Very lighthearted and cozy.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Arceus is by far the best pokemon game I have ever played in my life. Red/Blue came out when I was 9 and this is the game my kid brains imagination was playing. The only bad thing about this thing is how it looks, and it looks terrible lol

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    KOTOR on switch, modern games can suck a fat D!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sometimes I feel the same way. Playing Blaster Master Zero on my Switch and loving it more than Elden Ring! My golden era is PS3 games but updated (Skyrim, Bioshock, GTA 5, Mass Effect...all superb but much better updated).

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I just built a new desktop PC and one of the first big games I've thrown at it is Jedi Fallen Order, first time playing it.. bought it on Steam for $12 something.

It looks amazing and seems to run pretty well on EPIC settings however I've learned this version of the game is not optimized very well, all kinds of folks with different hardware from low-end to the highest have trouble with these micro-stutters/hitching moments where the framerate will tank when assets are being loaded into the game.

I did a few things to try and make it run a little better and it seems alright for now, turned off Steam and Origin overlays, turned off cloud save sync etc.

Man this game is tough, i don't really have any experience with Soulslike games.. and that seems to be the general vibe with the way the combat is structured. It also seems kinda like a metroidvania? You build your skills up and backtrack to areas that you couldn't reach before, conquer enemies you had a hard time with.

Looking forward to progressing further, I'm not very far into the game at all.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I've been playing Solitarica on the PC lately for some reason. it's not a taxing game like JFO but it too suffers from stutters and hitches and screen tearing. I'm not playing it on a PC that was built when the game came out, it's less than a year old and has a very new video card in it and yet.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    MY MAN!

I've been playing HOOK, the arcade beat'em'up, that was released alongside the film, on my Anbernic RG351P.

I don't wanna say it's BETTER than Final Fight, because Arcade Jesus might hit me with lightning bolt, but...well... goddamn...it's creative as hell.
    It really stands out in a sea of 90s arcade beat em up games, and i didn't know it existed until last week.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I just built a new desktop PC and one of the first big games I've thrown at it is Jedi Fallen Order, first time playing it.. bought it on Steam for $12 something.

It looks amazing and seems to run pretty well on EPIC settings however I've learned this version of the game is not optimized very well, all kinds of folks with different hardware from low-end to the highest have trouble with these micro-stutters/hitching moments where the framerate will tank when assets are being loaded into the game.

I did a few things to try and make it run a little better and it seems alright for now, turned off Steam and Origin overlays, turned off cloud save sync etc.

Man this game is tough, i don't really have any experience with Soulslike games.. and that seems to be the general vibe with the way the combat is structured. It also seems kinda like a metroidvania? You build your skills up and backtrack to areas that you couldn't reach before, conquer enemies you had a hard time with.

Looking forward to progressing further, I'm not very far into the game at all.
    Completed everything there was to do in this game. Had such a blast with it, and the story was pretty good for what it was. Sucks the hear there are still stuttering issues, it was almost unplayable at launch, along with consoles as well. Cannot wait for the sequel...

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Completed everything there was to do in this game. Had such a blast with it, and the story was pretty good for what it was. Sucks the hear there are still stuttering issues, it was almost unplayable at launch, along with consoles as well. Cannot wait for the sequel...
    I just got to the Second Sister and FML lol how do you kill this bitch?

Trying to dodge her attacks and strike her when she's got her saber stuck in the ground but i can only do so much damage.

I haven't been to Dathomir yet, should i go there first? Basically i did Bogano then Zeffo, back to Bogano to collect some extra stuff with new Force Push powers then went to Kashyyyk and objective brought me back to Zeffo.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 03-24-2022 at 01:42 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    OH.

I missed the "on Switch" part.

You guys keep.playing your switches, and whatever old.games they ALLOW you to buy.

I'll keep.enjoying LITERALLY every Wii, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, DS, GBA, GBC, GB, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis, Game Gear, Master System, Neo Geo, MAME/Final Burn Neo (aka 99% of arcade.games up.to.like.99,) on my Anbernic RG351P and Retroid pocket 2 Plus, and hacked Wii, and my XBOX One thing.

Is.there a bit of sour grapes going on here?
    Of course not! I :/ don't care :/ that there's new Mario :/and Zelda.:/ And metroid :/.

I hope you guys like your dumb new Mario. thing..I don't wanna try it!.At all!
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-24-2022 at 01:54 AM.