Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

First time playing all of these.

This is gonna take a while.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Still ticking away at South Park: The Stick of Truth. Fun game. Really good, classic feeling turn based RPG. I love it.

I found that I love having Jimmy as my buddy mainly due to this:

youve gotta be shitting me. a southpark turn based rpg? What's the platform?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    youve gotta be shitting me. a southpark turn based rpg? What's the platform?!
    all of them!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Started playing Final Fantasy X HD last night. Really sucks that and X-2 aren't being sold separately in the US, I have no interest in playing X-2. Anyway, I played the hell out of X in college so I'm really looking forward to going through it again. Updated graphics look great.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Bought watchdogs after my work last night and managed a few hours on it this mornin, looks really good and gameplay is excellent, will take a while to fully get to grips with all the hacking etc.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Watch Dogs. This game. I had been waiting for this ever since I saw the first trailer, then it got delayed. So I was really disappointed. Now i finally have it and it's awesome. It's everything I wanted it to be and more. I've always loved tech, so hacking that was cool. I am also looking forward to getting into the story. Although, I wouldn't really cared that much if there wasn't one, I would have just been hacking ALL THE THINGS. Heh. Oh yeah, I got this game for free essentially. Went to Gamestop traded in 5 games and renewed my membership and I got this game and $10 credit back. It was awesome. Anyway, Some people thought that the hacking was overwhelming at first and i'm all "UNLIMITED POWWWWEERRR"

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    The Stanley Parable is fantastic.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I am a sucker for old games.
    What are y'alls favorite SNES games?
    I have a Wii, but nine times out of ten, i use it for emulation.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Still Watch Dogs and sometimes playing my favorite game, The Last of Us. I've also been wondering which one i should get, Wolfenstein: The New Order or Murdered: Soul Suspect when it comes out. I'm leaning towards Soul Suspect, but I've always liked the Wolfenstein series.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Wolfenstein is pretty awesome. I would HIGHLY recommend it. What platform are you getting it for?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    PS3, I'm getting a PS4 for Christmas though. I just have to save up. Yeah, it looks pretty awesome. I'll likely go with that one.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Minecraft again.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I am a sucker for old games.
    What are y'alls favorite SNES games?
    I have a Wii, but nine times out of ten, i use it for emulation.
    Mario World
    Super Metroid
    Chrono Trigger
    Castlevania 4
    Final Fantasy IV and VI
    Zelda Link to the Past
    Secret of Mana
    Zombies Ate My Neighbors
    Actraiser
    Super Punch Out

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Mario World
    Super Metroid
    Chrono Trigger
    Castlevania 4
    Final Fantasy IV and VI
    Zelda Link to the Past
    Secret of Mana
    Zombies Ate My Neighbors
    Actraiser
    Super Punch Out
    This.

Street Fighter 2
    Mortal Kombat 1-3 (ultimate)
    donkey Kong country
    Maximum Carnage
    NBA Jam

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    In my teen years i emulated a bunch of super obscure SNES games, some of which were japan only, many of which became favorites, none of which i actually remember.... :P

I do remember that there are some super sweet DBZ fighting games for them. And a Gundam Wing one too.

As i mentioned a few pages ago i just played EARTHBOUND. Earthbound is possibly the greatest game ever, certainly the best i have played from that era, having not played Chrono Trigger, and not made it very far in FF 6.... I should do that though

Earthworm Jim series was great, too

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Mario World
    Super Metroid
    Chrono Trigger
    Castlevania 4
    Final Fantasy IV and VI
    Zelda Link to the Past
    Secret of Mana
    Zombies Ate My Neighbors
    Actraiser
    Super Punch Out
    I've played the shit out of all of these except 2. Good choices, man. I just discovered Super Punch Out, and i fucking ADORE it.
    I was playing Secret of Mana with my fiancee but we stopped...maybe time to pick it back up.

The other one i haven't played much is Zombies Ate my Neighbors...is it a lot of fun with 2 players? i've fucked around on it a bit.
    I played through Super Metroid a couple of years ago, and GOOD GOD that one is fucking amazing isn't it? Same goes for Link to the Past...somehow i didn't play those two when i was a kid.
    Haven't played mario in about 20 years...maybe i should give it another go...same with actraiser.

Final Fantasy 4 and 6 and Chrono Trigger...these games were more important than my actual life when i was in middle school.
    Lemme axe you a question man...how is FF 5?
    @Piko , never heard of Maximum Carnage. i'll definitely check it out.
    @Wretchedest , i've been meaning to do Earthbound. I started it on the little SNES emulator on my mom's phone, but the way you talk about it, i better get after it on the big screen.
    I'll do that, and may i recommend Chrono Trigger to you. It's DEFINItEly one of the best games ever, and i consider it the best RPG from what i consider the "golden age" of rpg's.

Oddly enough, i liked FF2 (4) better than 3 (6,) but i think it's just because it was the first 16 bit rpg i played, and after years of dragon warriors and ultimas, it blew me the FUCK away.

Thanks for the tips, fellow old skoolas.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I want to play Earthworm Jim, Super Metroid and the old Killer Instinct again. Also is Gamefly worth getting? I'm thinking about getting it instead of spending $60 for a new game every time i buy one.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Lemme axe you a question man...how is FF 5?
    I never got into 5. I downloaded it when it was free on Playstation Plus and it never clicked with me... so then I thought I'd give the mobile version a try. I'm not sure if it's the port (with really annoying new graphics), but the game seems pretty bland. The story is awful, the characters are transparent. I don't know what happened there.

It's too bad the SNES Dragon Quest games weren't originally released in America. Most people here have never played VI, which is a shame.

And yes, Super Metroid. If you liked that, you need to make sure you've played Castlevania Symphony of the Night and Guacamelee. The latter is a new game, but it's built on nostalgia.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-31-2014 at 10:55 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    @elevenism Maximum Carnage was a spider man beat Em up. Found it real fun, back in the day. Haven't played it in years, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    If you liked that, you need to make sure you've played Castlevania Symphony of the Night and Guacamelee.
    Oh dude. SOTN is, i think, my favorite game of all time, ever.
    I got a playstation JUST to play that game back when i was about 19...well that and Tekken 2 and 3.
    But SOTN. The exploration. The spells. The familiars. The swords. The leveling. And the gothed out atmosphere. Just fucking PERFECT.
    SOTN had the best parts of a platformer, an rpg, an old school metroid game and a KILLER castlevania game all rolled into one.
    As a matter of fact, an old buddy of mine is mailing me a PS 2 (i imagine he has a 3 and is getting a 4,) and i'm going to order a copy of SOTN off of the internet, mostly for me but also to show to the wifey because i KNOW she will love it.

And BTW man, a platform i had overlooked is the Gameboy Advance. It turns out that there are two VERY SOTNish games on there, and with a soft modded wii, you can play them on the big TV screen.
    One of them is Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

another is Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance.

If you love SOTN, you simply MUST play these! they have exploration, leveling, loot, shit, the save points in one of them even look exactly like the ones in SOTN.

A third one that isn't QUITE as good due to kinda poor mechanics but that still is basically a SOTN clone is Castlevania: Circle of the Moon.

I was looking for GBA games and was reading about people complaining that these games did nothing but rehash SOTN...i was like Oh, shit! and that's a BAD thing?! i was all over the motherfuckers, and so was Lorien!

I just can't say enough good things about those games and SOTN. I think there are even more of them on the DS, but i haven't found a good ds emulator yet. Man, it just breaks my heart that they didn't make more of these for gamecube or ps 2 or SOME shit

BTW there are also a couple of decent metroids on GBA too. (fusion, which comes after Other M in the story, and zero misson, which is a souped up Metroid 1.)
    If you haven't played Other M, you SHOULD. A bunch of snot nosed kids gave it bad reviews on Youtube because it wasn't like metroid prime, lol.
    If you don't have a Wii, knowing your taste in video games, i would get a used one now that they are cheap. You can easily mod it without taking it apart-it's even perfectly legal- and then you can play SNES, GBA, NES, Sega Genesis, ETC, right on your tv.

Ha, sorry this is such a long post, but you touched on one of my VERY favorite things.
    @Piko , i'm gonna jump on that Maximum Carnage. Thanks brotha.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The new Wolfenstein is really solid. Lots of fun, and has just enough of an old-school feel.

Astebreed on Steam is highly recommended for anyone who is into "bullet hell" shooters.
    Last edited by Millionaire; 06-01-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Dude! Caztlevania Circle of the Moon. Always so neglected, but it was so awesome!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Dead Space. Scariest game I have ever played

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Dead Space is awesome .

I picked up Murdered Soul Suspect since it was cheaper then Wolfenstein. I shall get Wolfenstein soon though. It's pretty fun so far. PHASE THROUGH ALL THE THINGS. Did anybody else check this out or pick it up? I recommend it, it's like LA Noire meets The Frighteners.

Also picked up Far Cry 3 gamestop edition, haven't played enough of it to really get into it but I heard it's awesome. Can't wait for the 4th one either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I decided to play Lightning Returns again. I kinda forgot how to play this game. I was at the final boss of the game when I started again and got so frustrated at him completely raping me for about two hours that I just started a new game+. I tried so many different schemata too with no luck. Fuck this game

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiah View Post
    I decided to play Lightning Returns again. I kinda forgot how to play this game. I was at the final boss of the game when I started again and got so frustrated at him completely raping me for about two hours that I just started a new game+. I tried so many different schemata too with no luck. Fuck this game
    I had the first 3 forms of the final boss down to a science, but that last fucking form took me so many tries to beat. I had to completely re-do my Schemas in order to make it possible to Stagger the last form, but I then found the first 3 forms really hard because I had to get used to the new setup. Needless to say, beating that fucker was incredibly satisfying. I actually found it easier to beat (read: cheese to death with Poison) Ereshkigal than the final boss.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Don't touch the white tiles, on the phone. Addicting.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

First Xbox Live games with Gold title on Xbox One. Super fun platformer. Really cool and visually beautifully. Fun stuff.

I'm also still on...

So in love with this game. Hard, fun, hilarious at times and extremely frustrating too.

I can't wait for DLC and the multiplayer patch!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Played (and finished) all Megaman NES games in chronological order...

Still gotta play Megaman 7 for the SNES (sadly i can't play parts 8, 9 and 10 since i never bought consoles past the original X-Box...)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Played (and finished) all Megaman NES games in chronological order...

Still gotta play Megaman 7 for the SNES (sadly i can't play parts 8, 9 and 10 since i never bought consoles past the original X-Box...)
    If you have a PS2, just pick up the collection. I have it and the X collection. No complaints.