Page 42 of 129 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 3846

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    How is this? I've been looking for a good JRPG since FF12.
    It's hard to pin down. The game is great in some areas and let down in other areas. I thought it starts off really well, the story revolves around these immortals where you soon learn that being an immortal is nothing but pain as you're constantly surrounded by seeing loved ones dying. They've lost their memories, and slowly they regain them through dreams which are just short narratives. They're generally good stories, some of them are pretty moving. Gameplay is standard old school RPG which is good to some people and bad for others. Some characters are plain annoying though, and there are times when it gets dull (most RPGs suffer from this though), but I'm enjoying the game.

It's also the hardest RPG I've ever played.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    Civ 5.
    Got the full game and all DLC for £12 on the humble bundle... thats crazy value.. oh wait WHERE IS MY TIME GOING?!!
    Oh God I'm experiencing this now. Somehow blew 12 hours on this in one day. What the hell man!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Zone of the Enders HD collection.

never played 'em before, i love mecha so i had to see what these were all about!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The Last of Us: Left Behind DLC. I love the Lightheartedness so far of playing with Ellie's friend. It's great. On the other hand it still has the balance of being creepy and action packed. Just like what I loved with the first one. Highly recommended.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Dark Souls, Dark Souls and more Dark souls, I'm preparing myself for Dark Souls 2.
    I really can't wait for DS2 and I'm playing a bit of Hotline Miami on the side.
    I might check out the new LoU dlc soon if I have time.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    It's hard to pin down. The game is great in some areas and let down in other areas. I thought it starts off really well, the story revolves around these immortals where you soon learn that being an immortal is nothing but pain as you're constantly surrounded by seeing loved ones dying. They've lost their memories, and slowly they regain them through dreams which are just short narratives. They're generally good stories, some of them are pretty moving. Gameplay is standard old school RPG which is good to some people and bad for others. Some characters are plain annoying though, and there are times when it gets dull (most RPGs suffer from this though), but I'm enjoying the game.

It's also the hardest RPG I've ever played.
    I think I made it to the second boss, which I couldn't beat. Eventually wandered off from it. Probably try again, at some point.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    I've been playing Persona 4 Arena online again just so I can get to level 30 and be done with it once and for all (online anyways) and ever since I've hit level 20, it's been nothing but Kanji grab spammers. That's seriously all I ever go up against and the reason why everyone plays as Kanji is because of his grab (that highly needs to be nerfed) that's unblockable. I go up against this guy once and all he does is the grab over and over again and I lose. I go up against him again since he popped up in ranked match and he tries to do the same grab bullshit but by some miracle, I make a crazy comeback and proceed to beat the shit out of the guy.

I'd post the hate mail that I got after the match, but there was way too many racial slurs in the message.

I saved the match and decided to upload the match to my Facebook just because the victory was so so sooooo sweet.

Long story short; when playing fighters online, play dirty because that's all anyone ever does is play dirty.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203357234998047&stream_ref=10

With also brief @Piko cameo.
    So Persona 4: Arena is on sale on Xbox Live for 9.99. Should I get?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Yes, jist dont play the story mode, whatever you do.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    You should get it on PS3 so I have someone to play with :P

But yeah, for only 9.99 that's a pretty good deal. I'm not sure how many people still play it online on the Xbox, but there's still plenty of people to play on the PS3 so I'm sure there's still a bunch going on online over on the 360.

If you like Blazblue but want it a little bit more simpler, then yes definitely get it.

Like Wretchedest said, just don't play the story.

1. The story is kinda lame and forced and 2. it's got a bit of spoilers from the main Persona 3 and Persona 4 games.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I plan to eventually get Persona 4: Golden for my Vita so good for heads up on that. The hatred for the story mode seems lame since I know, like most fighting games, the meat is the online multiplayer. I know for a fact I'll blow a bag of dicks and lose every match I play this late in the game's life cycle so that's a bit of a dismay.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I plan to eventually get Persona 4: Golden for my Vita so good for heads up on that. The hatred for the story mode seems lame since I know, like most fighting games, the meat is the online multiplayer. I know for a fact I'll blow a bag of dicks and lose every match I play this late in the game's life cycle so that's a bit of a dismay.
    The story mode just feels a bit forced since really, the ending to P4 Golden ties everything up.

There's also public rooms for beginners the majority of the time, so you shouldn't have much of a problem with the online.

The roster isn't big (13 characters) it shouldn't be a big deal because the game is balanced pretty well and there's bound to be one character that you'll just love to play as.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Online is hard as fuck. Its a great deep game, but it takes some seripus dedication to learn it. And read the manual!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    The story mode just feels a bit forced since really, the ending to P4 Golden ties everything up.

There's also public rooms for beginners the majority of the time, so you shouldn't have much of a problem with the online.

The roster isn't big (13 characters) it shouldn't be a big deal because the game is balanced pretty well and there's bound to be one character that you'll just love to play as.
    Well, I've got a week to decide but I like to consider myself good at fighters. I'm great at Tekken, I'm well rounded on the new Killer Instinct, I'm semi-decent on Mortal Kombat, I'm okay on Injustice and I'm mediocre at Street Fighter…so maybe I could be decent to make this a valuable purchase.

Shame it's on the Xbox though for this sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Online is hard as fuck. Its a great deep game, but it takes some seripus dedication to learn it. And read the manual!
    Games on Demand so no manual!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Pokemon on Twitch!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Counter Strike Global Offensive... While I don't care for online play that much, me and a few buddies have been having a blast in casual with just bots. I love the wave of nostalgia that hits when playing levels like Office and Nuke. Also Dust and Dust 2 are the best multiplayer maps of all time (imho)... other than q3DM17...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Bought MK9 today after it being in sale for a whopping $4.99. I traded this game over two years ago which was dumb as I loved playing it. I still kick ass with Skarlet too. My main. <3

Made like 4 people rage quit. I hate when people don't have the compatibility packs downloaded and I'm stuck playing as someone else. Ugh!

C'Est la vie.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Played far cry for the 1st time. Just as lame as I thought it was.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Played far cry for the 1st time. Just as lame as I thought it was.
    Play Far Cry 3 or Far cry 3: Blood Dragon, you might change your mind.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    It was Blood Dragon that lured me to get Far Cry 3. Amazing game.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I got a Wii U with some extra cash.

Played through Pikmin 3 which is just a very charming game. Great visuals. Excellent gameplay. Way way too short. Very sad about the length.

Played through Super Metroid for the first time. I enjoyed it. But sometimes that game.is cheap in terms of burying its solutions....

Also playing Windwaker for the first time and thats goi.g quite nicely.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Play Far Cry 3 or Far cry 3: Blood Dragon, you might change your mind.
    Won't go out of my way to try it, but maybe someday.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Won't go out of my way to try it, but maybe someday.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    loved Blood Dragon. so ridiculous, but the gameplay was so smooth. definitely one of my favorite games to come out in the last 5 years.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Haha, I dunno

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    What didn't you like about the original Far Cry @bruised ? too dated?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    What didn't you like about the original Far Cry @bruised ? too dated?
    I dunno man, just didn't like it. Felt like I was playing virtua cop or something.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm waiting to see what the reviews are like for the new South Park game. Looks promising but the previews so far, although positive, haven't exactly sold me on it yet. As a fan of the show it may be a case of waiting until the price drops before picking this up. If that's the case then money saved for Dark Souls 2 later that month

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Just bought Octodad: Dadliest Catch. This game looks fucking hilarious

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    To be honest, that was one of the only PS4 exclusives that interested me.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    To be honest, that was one of the only PS4 exclusives that interested me.
    I got it on Steam for $15. I've already got my moneys worth out of it.

*edit* Beat it in about 4 hours but I'm still having a lot of fun trying to get the achievements. The controls are just wonky enough to make it a challenge without being frustrating, it's perfect.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 02-25-2014 at 09:52 PM.