Page 108 of 129 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,240 of 3844

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    finally giving Nioh 2 the time that it deserves. I'm falling in love with it, the combat is so fun. the combos, the bosses are really fun and finding out the little details to the game. Wow this is def my game of the year.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i'm in the same boat and i tried to play it a while back at the suggestion of @elevenism and wow i suck at it. how long did it take you to figure out how to save or even that those rooms are save rooms? because it took me dying and restarting at the beginning about ten times.
    It took my about an hour to get to a save point/room. I did die once - I can't even remember what route I took to get there. I was honestly just maddeningly going from area to area lol. I have to beat this game now before another 10-15 years goes by and I still am putting it off.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Time has lost all meaning, i thought the last time i was on here was a few weeks ago, turns out it was in March! So far i've cleared Doom Eternal, Pokemon Sword, The Surge 2, God Eater 3, Shining Resonance Refrain and just started Jedi Fallen Order.

Jedi is looking like a game i will really dig!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe , as you play, don't forget to notice the sheer gothic beauty of the game.

SOTN is a game where I leveled like, all the way up, and beat it, and STILL ran around in the castle, just loving it. Edit: (regularly, I mean, for like a year.)

I did a replay last year, and got an insanely rare drop of the crissigram early in the game. At first I was excited, but then it kind of ruined it because all the enemies, even bosses, are more or less defenseless against it.
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-31-2020 at 09:06 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Speaking of Castlevania, I'm finishing up Order of Ecclesia on DS, which is WAY harder than any of the other SoTN style Castlevania games. Aria of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, Dawn of Sorrow, Harmony of Dissonance, and to a lesser extent, Circle of the Moon, were all fucking CAKEWALKS compared to Order of E.
    I almost fucking gave up after the first boss. But I persisted, especially once I realized what they were doing with the game: adding a little of that "Nintendo Hard" style to the SoTN formula.

I'm close to Dracula. I'm excited, but also bummed out, as this is the last of the, what, 7? I think there are 7 SoTN style Castlevania games: 3 each for GBA and DS, right?

If you like SoTN, you can't miss any of those six handheld games. They're awash with the same gorgeous gothic beauty and badass music, all combine rpg elements with exploration, and even have some of the same enemies and items.

Get you some emulator. Come to think of it, wanting to play Dawn of Sorrow is why I wound up with all these DSs and R4 cards, lol.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Time has lost all meaning, i thought the last time i was on here was a few weeks ago, turns out it was in March! So far i've cleared Doom Eternal, Pokemon Sword, The Surge 2, God Eater 3, Shining Resonance Refrain and just started Jedi Fallen Order.

Jedi is looking like a game i will really dig!
    Does it fit in the genre people say it does souls wars ? : )

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Been playing the fuck out of this game:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've been playing God of War for the first time on the Give Me God of War difficulty in Immersive Mode (because I'm weird and like to challenge myself when I play video games). I'm loving the game, but I'm dying SO much. By the way, if you enjoy that game, I highly recommend checking out Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. The gameplay style is very similar and the story is amazing.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I take back what I said about Uncharted 4. about 8 hours into it. a masterpiece.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Been playing the fuck out of this game:

NES version or PSP?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    Does it fit in the genre people say it does souls wars ? : )
    Kinda. It starts very uncharted but it soon falls into the whole Souls like. Difference is it has difficulty settings if that isn't your thing and makes parring much easier. I'm sticking with Jedi Master settings and having a lot of fun.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    NES version or PSP?
    NES version on my Mini Nes, i know about the PSP remake but never played it, is it worth it?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    As the pandemic kept me at home I kind of got back into gaming or at least I will play a game once in a while, really deep dive into it and then not touch another game for a year.

But these days I'm REALLY looking forward to that Mafia remake as I was having a lot of fun with Mafia 3 despite the bad reviews, but apart from it being really buggy at times, I loved everything about it, so I can't wait to come back to the origin. Games tend to be tedious these days, especially when they are open world. I really don't know why developers aim for bigger maps apart from marketing when they can't fill them with interesting stuff or at least memorable and enjoyable side quests. Especially the DLCs of recent games have been really lacking for their money...

Apart from that I also have my eyes on The Ascent which looks like a Diablo meets Cyberpunk outfit:

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Playing Red Faction for the first time. Got the plat for FF7 Remake and got lost on psn one night and picked it up. It's good, I like the atmosphere and having to think here and there and is definitely challenging at times. Oh the good old PS2 days.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Playing Red Faction for the first time. Got the plat for FF7 Remake and got lost on psn one night and picked it up. It's good, I like the atmosphere and having to think here and there and is definitely challenging at times. Oh the good old PS2 days.
    Red Faction was my jam back in the day! My buddy and I would have some epic two player battles on there. Miss those days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    NES version on my Mini Nes, i know about the PSP remake but never played it, is it worth it?
    I think so, better graphics etc.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quick question; I know there’s another thread for this but how many of you are going to grab Cyberpunk 2077 when it comes out? I’m always hesitant to preorder games and usually wait a week to see reviews, etc, but it just looks so. Awesome.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Red Faction was my jam back in the day! My buddy and I would have some epic two player battles on there. Miss those days.

Haven't had the pleasure of playing multiplayer yet. You have to pay attention to what you see since there is no mapping system from what I know. I forgot to save since it doesn't have an auto saving feature and I lose almost 3 hours of Gameplay; I almost gave up lol.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I just got Injustice 2 Legendary Edition yesterday.
    Holy crap is this game so much fun!! It reminds me of how fun fighting games were back in the 90's. I have Tekken 7 and was disappointed, I just wasn't feeling it. I loved the first 3 Tekken games with 3 being my favorite fighter of all time. But I was so turned of with how clunky the new ones seem, and how you now have to BUY characters instead of unlocking them, wtf?
    And so far, the storyline in Injustice 2 is great! (I'm about 4 chapters in) .

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I think so, better graphics etc.
    I also heard about the Final Fantasy VII Remake, going to try that one too!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's fucking amazing.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Remnant of the ashes DLC is on the PS4 store ! FUCK YES!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    it LOOKS fucking incredible.
    Meanwhile, I still haven't gotten around to the OG.
    I wish there was a DS version, as that's what I mostly play.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    it LOOKS fucking incredible.
    Meanwhile, I still haven't gotten around to the OG.
    I wish there was a DS version, as that's what I mostly play.
    The original has to be out in some modern form on something you own. It's on so many systems.

I don't know, at this point, I think the experience of going into the original with all the hype and no nostalgic attachment... I think it might just set yourself up for a let down. Play the new one man. Just do it. It's pretty great.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    The original has to be out in some modern form on something you own. It's on so many systems.

I don't know, at this point, I think the experience of going into the original with all the hype and no nostalgic attachment... I think it might just set yourself up for a let down. Play the new one man. Just do it. It's pretty great.
    I would agree. If you have time later, play the OG after you play the Remake.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    yeah... I mean, at least then you get the unique experience of going in to the FFVII Remake blind with no expectations... and that's something really enviable.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I have been having fun going back to try to find any tombs/items etc in Rise of the Tomb Raider. About 85% full completion now.

But the past couple days I've been playing almost exclusively Batman Arkham Asylum since I recently go the Return to Arkham collection. Love it! Never played the PS3 games so it's a first. So much fun.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

I have the original, and have no money for the new one.

And I have nostalgia for 1-6, and Chrono Trigger, and Secret of Mana, etc.

Didn't you once tell me to drop what I was doing and play the og immediately?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Since release I've been knee deep in Animal Crossing New Horizons. That's pretty much been my life during quarantine when I wasn't listening to/watching/buying NIN related material. I also recently got into Persona 5 and though I'm not really a JRPG person, I really enjoy it! I think the balance between dungeon battles and daily life activities breaks it up enough where I don't get bored with the game. Only problem is it's such a time sink! It often feels like I have to set aside a whole day to progress in that game. Otherwise, it's a ton of fun.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I have the original, and have no money for the new one.

And I have nostalgia for 1-6, and Chrono Trigger, and Secret of Mana, etc.

Didn't you once tell me to drop what I was doing and play the og immediately?
    if you can’t play the new one and you have the original, yes, play it!