Page 40 of 129 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 3844

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm addicted to Rocksmith. Very cool game/idea.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Never played a Dead Space game in my life, just started on the first one for PC.

Using keyboard controls + mouse, is the character supposed to move so slow? it's not lag either btw, I've got everything maxed, my comp can handle it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    yeah, Isaac does move slow. it's part of his character in the first game that he's just some engineer, not a military dude in peak physical condition. it's challenging, but i enjoyed it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I get that it's the type of game where you need to be cautious and alert, check your corners etc. but daaamn! lol it doesn't even seem like inexperience or part of his character to me, it just feels clunky and the rate at which he moves isn't even like a sneaking or stealthy moving speed he just moves around like an elderly person.

Also the the left of center approach seems odd at first but i understand that they needed to do that for the menu interfaces to show up the way they wanted and not have your character in the road.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 01-10-2014 at 01:50 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

What are you playing?

I finally beat Killzone Shadow Fall. Don't know why I bought it, I really don't like the campaigns in these games

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: What are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    I finally beat Killzone Shadow Fall. Don't know why I bought it, I really don't like the campaigns in these games
    Only reason I got it was the price. Enjoying it so far though. It was between this, fifa, and battlefield. On a budget these days, so I'll take the cheaper one, heh.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Only reason I got it was the price. Enjoying it so far though. It was between this, fifa, and battlefield. On a budget these days, so I'll take the cheaper one, heh.
    I would've went for Battlefield 4 used if possible. Ho hum single player, great and expansive multiplayer gameplay and of course worth it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm really enjoying KZ so far. Kept hearing bad things, but it's been fine. Thing about battlefield is that I'm kinda tired of "random military guy" in a "textbook war story". I would've bought it for the multiplayer, mainly. But even then, I usually get irritable when I'm in a squad with a bunch of halfwits who have zero idea on what it means to play the objective, which is a major reason why I quit playing BF3 when I did. I'm sure I'll get it at some point. I'm lost without fifa, and I really want it on next gen, so that's next. I could always play it on my ps3, but that's ridiculous, heh. I was spoiled by the demo in seconds.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Got to chapter 6, kinda getting the hang of this Dead Space craziness.

Putting the regenerating Necromorph in the cryofreeze was bad ass!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just picked up the Mass Effect trilogy for a good price at Gamestop. Having never played them before I'm pretty excited to jump into it tonight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    I just picked up the Mass Effect trilogy for a good price at Gamestop. Having never played them before I'm pretty excited to jump into it tonight.
    I wish I could experience Mass Effect for the first time again. Enjoy!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Playing some of that FPS version of Syndicate, linear as hell and way too much lens flare and dubstep... doesn't obviously hold a candle to the isometric version nor does it compare to Deus Ex but I'll be damned if it didn't say there wasn't some tricky parts and it's fun for the most part, some cool graphical sequences with all the cyberpunk glory.

Starbreeze hasn't really failed me yet in the shooter department, they also did the Riddick Butcher Bay and Dark Athena games as well as The Darkness.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I have no idea why, but I've really been enjoying cheesy 90's point and click games for the last few weeks. What I've played:
    Harvester
    Darkseed
    Phantasmagoria
    Phantasmagoria 2

and right now, I'm playing Sanitarium. I tried playing Darkseed 2, but it will not work properly for me even with dosbox and windows 3.11 installed.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Playing some of that FPS version of Syndicate, linear as hell and way too much lens flare and dubstep... doesn't obviously hold a candle to the isometric version nor does it compare to Deus Ex but I'll be damned if it didn't say there wasn't some tricky parts and it's fun for the most part, some cool graphical sequences with all the cyberpunk glory.

Starbreeze hasn't really failed me yet in the shooter department, they also did the Riddick Butcher Bay and Dark Athena games as well as The Darkness.
    Very underrated game, imo. Not the best game out there, but I enjoyed it. Especially more than I liked Deus Ex.

Currently, i'm goofing around until tomorrow (payday), and i'll probably pick up Fifa 14 and Battlefield for the PS4. Shadow Fall is cool, but I need a little more oomph when it comes to a shooter.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Finally playing borderlands 2.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    DayZ.

The zombies aren't evil, people are.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    I'm addicted to Rocksmith. Very cool game/idea.
    Duder, are you actually learning with this? I took lessons for 5 years, got decent, then took 5 years off. I don't have time for lessons. Is this better than watching youtube vids?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Finally playing borderlands 2.
    What character? Love that game. Multi is great too

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    What character? Love that game. Multi is great too
    Mechromancer on PS3 (although slightly regretting choice, sticking with it for now). Started a gunzerker on Mac but it runs fairly poorly on my 2010 model.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Bought the Syberia bundle on STEAM, played the first one for a bit. I remember being younger and playing the demo and really enjoying it even if i didn't know much of what i was doing. Definitely one my favorite adventure games, it's so pretty to look at... all the concepts and designs are so good.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    DayZ.

The zombies aren't evil, people are.
    I've always thought they should make the zombies more of a threat in this game. Right now they are merely annoyances, like gnats. It would add more wrinkles to the experience instead of just fearing other humans all the time; also, it may encourage players to team up more often. Imagine holding someone up in a town and a Left 4 Dead-like swarm comes at you from multiples sides; you and the guy stopt the holdup and start shooting your way out. The entire town gets overrun, and both of you are on the roof of a building, begrudgingly putting aside the holding up incident to figure out a way to leave before you starve.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    Duder, are you actually learning with this? I took lessons for 5 years, got decent, then took 5 years off. I don't have time for lessons. Is this better than watching youtube vids?
    I've been trying to make sure I get an hour in per day, but I have a hard time doing that teaching high school and coaching swimming. I make up for it on weekends, and I'm starting to feel like I'm "getting somewhere" - granted I started with NO previous experience. The flexibility to choose your way you learn is a blessing and a curse; I want to know exactly what to do to get better, but it seems the more I play the more I figure it out - with the program/game to help give pointers.

Someone like you with some experience, it might be frustrating, though I think it would pick up on your ability level and guide from there.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Finished FFXIII, finally. 60 hours clocked into it. Now i'm onto FFXIII-2. Also, i'm on episode 2 of The Walking Dead. How I never played it before is puzzling. It's awesome.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Wanted this game for years. Finally got it for $4.94 on Xbox Live Marketplace due to today's EA Publisher sale! Loving it. I only have done the prologue and training but I must say, I'm happy they are doing a sequel. I'm definitely gonna get it Day One.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I haven't played these before, but I gave them a chance. So far I like Black Ops a lot. Good FPS. I'll be picking up Black Ops II soon. Also I bought World at War. Tomorrow i'm borrowing Ghosts from a friend. Yay. Anyone have a favorite COD game?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    I haven't played these before, but I gave them a chance. So far I like Black Ops a lot. Good FPS. I'll be picking up Black Ops II soon. Also I bought World at War. Tomorrow i'm borrowing Ghosts from a friend. Yay. Anyone have a favorite COD game?
    World at War is my favorite, mainly due to it being (in my opinion) the best WWII game besides Battlefield 1943.

If you have intention of getting World at War, the last I knew playing it on 360, the hackers and modders count was somewhat low. Which is good.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Just finished the latest episode of Kentucky Route Zero, which is just fucking fantastic. It's like the Twin Peaks of video games.

Also starting Broken Age, but it's not quite sticking on me yet.

Also got Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for ps4. The first version was so good i couldn't resist picking up a graphical update, no matter how slight. And it is quite slight. Lara's character model has significantly more detail, but now there's some serious uncanny valley shit going on. Are her eyes too big? I'm not sure. Everything is textured and animated so perfectly, so why do I feel like her face looks less real? I'm not sure. still the game is great.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    World at War is my favorite, mainly due to it being (in my opinion) the best WWII game besides Battlefield 1943.

If you have intention of getting World at War, the last I knew playing it on 360, the hackers and modders count was somewhat low. Which is good.
    Yeah, I need to play Battlefield too. I remember playing Medal of Honor when I was a kid and enjoying it. I thought that was a good WWII game at the time.

I have it for the PS3. I should try it out. Zombies is really fun though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Lost Odyssey (360)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Minecraft Ps3
    Dark Souls (Beat the tow at the end of Anor Londo.. probably the most intense boss fight I've had in years).. got the Lordvessel.. now back to shitting my pants in Darkroot garden...
    Just got a new/old Mac so I can now play recent-ish games on Steam.. So I played some Deathmatch Classic and Counterstrike GO

Oh and Broken Age