Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126
Results 3,751 to 3,779 of 3779

Thread: What are you playing?

  1. #3751
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,540
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    I finished playing Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 for the umpteenth time, gonna have to load up Mysteries of the Sith next.


  2. #3752
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,985
    Mentioned
    538 Post(s)
    I was just playing Final Fantasy 14, and there's a Fate (like a side mission battle) called "Nine Ilm Snails" and I thought that was cute.

  3. #3753
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,472
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Played through Returnal again on PC, the graphical improvements are pretty nice.

    Tried Wo Long on Gamepass. I can't get into it. I bounced hard of Nioh 2 and this is fairly similar, but somehow this has even more of an incoherent story lol

  4. #3754
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,985
    Mentioned
    538 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Played through Returnal again on PC, the graphical improvements are pretty nice.

    Tried Wo Long on Gamepass. I can't get into it. I bounced hard of Nioh 2 and this is fairly similar, but somehow this has even more of an incoherent story lol
    I only played through Nioh 1 all the way through, but I cannot tell you at ALL what the fuck was going on in that story.

  5. #3755
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,472
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Anyone trying D4 this weekend? It is dark. Glad they went back to the tone of the originals.

  6. #3756
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    273
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I finished Dishonored 2, Dishonored: Death to the Outsider, Dishonored 1 (and it's DLC), and I am nearing completing of Deathloop (which took long enough to click). Ready for Redfall. Hope someone in Redfall has a blink-esq power. I love that power, a lot.

  7. #3757
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,985
    Mentioned
    538 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Anyone trying D4 this weekend? It is dark. Glad they went back to the tone of the originals.
    There's gotta be something I'm missing here. I remember liking Diablo 2 when I was younger, but I was excited about any game then. This just feels like, I dunno how to put it, boring? I like the atmosphere and the "story" more or less, and I like how Hellraiser it is, but I just hate the combat. It feels like Diablo 3 all over again, walk over to an enemy and hold down the attack button, and then grab loot. Weirdly, it feels like one of those lootbox mobile games, but without that lootbox.

    I wanted to like it a lot more than I did. I might just be spoiled by Final Fantasy 14 having the best coop rpg combat system ever. In the demo for D4 that I played, the only challenging moment was the boss fight, and even that was pretty meh.

  8. #3758
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,472
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    There's gotta be something I'm missing here. I remember liking Diablo 2 when I was younger, but I was excited about any game then. This just feels like, I dunno how to put it, boring? I like the atmosphere and the "story" more or less, and I like how Hellraiser it is, but I just hate the combat. It feels like Diablo 3 all over again, walk over to an enemy and hold down the attack button, and then grab loot. Weirdly, it feels like one of those lootbox mobile games, but without that lootbox.

    I wanted to like it a lot more than I did. I might just be spoiled by Final Fantasy 14 having the best coop rpg combat system ever. In the demo for D4 that I played, the only challenging moment was the boss fight, and even that was pretty meh.
    I felt it was way more visceral than D3, but I get what you're saying. I really liked it.

  9. #3759
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    1,221
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I recently picked up the Final Fantasy pixel remaster for the Switch. Just the first one; it was one of the first console games i ever played and i went from that straight into 7, so it has a lot of nostalgia going for it. The xp and gil boosts really make a difference. much less of a slog than it was before. I'm also playing Dead Island 2 on series X. I'm not sure that it's better than the first one, but i'm having fun.

  10. #3760
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,994
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Can't wait to dive into Jedi: Survivor tomorrow! I've already pre-downloaded the game...

  11. #3761
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    1,221
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Can't wait to dive into Jedi: Survivor tomorrow! I've already pre-downloaded the game...
    Same. I'm looking forward to throwing that one up on my stream.

  12. #3762
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,206
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Ughhhhh, all of these games being released and I have absolutely no time to play them. I'm pretty much trying to salvage any time I have to play Final Fantasy in June.

    Damn adult life, and responsibilities!

  13. #3763
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,472
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Jedi Survivor is yet another game that runs like shit on PC at launch...getting tired of this.

  14. #3764
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,994
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Jedi Survivor is yet another game that runs like shit on PC at launch...getting tired of this.
    I've seen a few posts/articles about this, which I find surprising since games usually have the best performance on PC. It plays pretty smoothly on PS5 so far.

  15. #3765
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,813
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Jedi Survivor is yet another game that runs like shit on PC at launch...getting tired of this.
    Yeah, Iíve started tending to just go PS5 for AAA games, particularly ones I wonít be kidding down the line. Maybe youíre more limited in the framerate/graphics department, but youíre also way more likely to get a solid experience these days.

  16. #3766
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,472
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    PS5 isn't running well either, in fact it's upscaling from 720P I believe in certain cases.



    Glad you're enjoying it! I loved the first one and can't wait to try it when things are better. You probably won't even notice what they're talking about if you're playing away from a TV (and not a monitor )

  17. #3767
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,994
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I do play on a TV, but it's a 77" LG OLED that I just bought on Cyber Monday a few months ago and my couch is probably around 10 feet away. I haven't really noticed anything noteworthy so far (and I haven't made it too far yet), but now I'll be paying closer attention. On the bright side, they'll probably get things ironed out in patches relatively soon, right? I know that it's still annoying (and shouldn't be acceptable) to have performance issues right out of the gate on the release date and games SHOULD be ready for players on day one. I'm surprised that game manufacturers didn't learn a lesson from CD Projekt Red and the CyberPunk 2077 fiasco.

  18. #3768
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,206
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Patches were already released for PS5, and it made matters worse for a lot of players. Don't even look at Redfall right now... Game is broken out of the box, and this trend is getting very old.

    Everyone at the office was literally up in arms, rage quitting, along with grunts of anger from the entire review team playing Survivor, and Redfall at the same time lolol.

  19. #3769
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,472
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I do play on a TV, but it's a 77" LG OLED that I just bought on Cyber Monday a few months ago and my couch is probably around 10 feet away. I haven't really noticed anything noteworthy so far (and I haven't made it too far yet), but now I'll be paying closer attention. On the bright side, they'll probably get things ironed out in patches relatively soon, right? I know that it's still annoying (and shouldn't be acceptable) to have performance issues right out of the gate on the release date and games SHOULD be ready for players on day one. I'm surprised that game manufacturers didn't learn a lesson from CD Projekt Red and the CyberPunk 2077 fiasco.
    I've had my 65 OLED for a few years, how are you liking it?

  20. #3770
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,994
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I've had my 65 OLED for a few years, how are you liking it?
    I absolutely love it. I want to hang out down in my basement all the time now. I've been playing and watching a lot of shows/movies/games with space stuff—Guardians of the Galaxy (the game & the movies), Jedi: Survivor, The Mandalorian—which really looks fantastic with the HDR and OLED because you get so much contrast with the true black because those pixels are essentially "off."

  21. #3771
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,472
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I absolutely love it. I want to hang out down in my basement all the time now. I've been playing and watching a lot of shows/movies/games with space stuff—Guardians of the Galaxy (the game & the movies), Jedi: Survivor, The Mandalorian—which really looks fantastic with the HDR and OLED because you get so much contrast with the true black because those pixels are essentially "off."
    Yep, the black levels are hard to beat (actually impossible lol). That's why on my main TV (when this one croaks) I hope to never go back. Luckily they're getting more and more reasonable now.

  22. #3772
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,985
    Mentioned
    538 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I recently picked up the Final Fantasy pixel remaster for the Switch. Just the first one; it was one of the first console games i ever played and i went from that straight into 7, so it has a lot of nostalgia going for it. The xp and gil boosts really make a difference. much less of a slog than it was before. I'm also playing Dead Island 2 on series X. I'm not sure that it's better than the first one, but i'm having fun.
    I played the original Final Fantasy when it came out on the NES, and I've been a fan of the series since... so I bought the entire pixel remaster collection on PS4 as soon as it came out. I just beat part VI, and I forgot how hard that got at the end. Even with the XP and Gil boosts... also, because you really shouldn't enable the XP boost at the beginning of that one, because the leveling system is really tied to what Esper you have equipped at the time you level up, and you don't get the Espers until you're a decent way into the game, so leveling up until that point only increases your HP/MP. Still, what a game.

    I just started part 1 though, and the boosts make it feel like it's in fast forward, and not in a bad way. It's a really fast way to re-experience something for the nostalgia, without all the endless grinding and walking around in circles fighting the same enemies over and over again so you can survive the dungeon. So far I'm having a blast with this collection.

  23. #3773
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,472
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I played the original Final Fantasy when it came out on the NES, and I've been a fan of the series since... so I bought the entire pixel remaster collection on PS4 as soon as it came out. I just beat part VI, and I forgot how hard that got at the end. Even with the XP and Gil boosts... also, because you really shouldn't enable the XP boost at the beginning of that one, because the leveling system is really tied to what Esper you have equipped at the time you level up, and you don't get the Espers until you're a decent way into the game, so leveling up until that point only increases your HP/MP. Still, what a game.

    I just started part 1 though, and the boosts make it feel like it's in fast forward, and not in a bad way. It's a really fast way to re-experience something for the nostalgia, without all the endless grinding and walking around in circles fighting the same enemies over and over again so you can survive the dungeon. So far I'm having a blast with this collection.
    I played FF6 back in the day on an emulator, but never finished it. Finally played it again last year on PC and holy shit it is hard. I have no idea how people finished it back in the day...

  24. #3774
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,985
    Mentioned
    538 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I played FF6 back in the day on an emulator, but never finished it. Finally played it again last year on PC and holy shit it is hard. I have no idea how people finished it back in the day...
    Lots and lots of end-game grinding. If you built your characters right (by equipping the Bismark/Alexander espers when fighters level up so they get +2 strength, Lalawhatever and Zona Whatever for +2 magic for mages) you can pretty much curb-stomp the end dungeons... as long as you ran around doing all the side-quest stuff, some of which is really hidden and obscure. I just did a super completionist playthrough, and still only wound up with 60% of the trophies. No way I'm going to try for the platinum in that one.... I still don't understand how I missed the "visit all map locations" trophy. Opening every treasure chest?! There's so many hidden ones that are missable. It's an OCD nightmare to try to go for it.

    FF1 however is a cakewalk by comparison. Though sometimes it's hard to figure out where you're supposed to go next. But now that we have the internet...

  25. #3775
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,206
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    FF6 is arguably the best in the series, but I rememeber my ten year old self (Yes, I started playing these games at the age of 7) rage quitting, over and over again because I wasn't leveled up enough. I didn't beat the entire game until I was about 17, but damn was I so happy when I finally beat it in its original form.

    I'll definitely be purchasing the pixel remasters very soon, but June is so close, I'll have just enough time to play 16 in its entirety.

  26. #3776
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,985
    Mentioned
    538 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    FF6 is arguably the best in the series, but I rememeber my ten year old self (Yes, I started playing these games at the age of 7) rage quitting, over and over again because I wasn't leveled up enough. I didn't beat the entire game until I was about 17, but damn was I so happy when I finally beat it in its original form.

    I'll definitely be purchasing the pixel remasters very soon, but June is so close, I'll have just enough time to play 16 in its entirety.
    I am amped for 16. I don't know if you play 14, (and if you do, add me and we should do a dungeon or something), but I am stoked that 16 is being helmed by Yoshi P, the guy who basically lords over FF14. The scope of the story in 14 could only be told through a game that makes you play it for years. It's beyond epic... so I am really interested to see what he does in a contained experience. The writer is the same that did the script for Heavensward, so that sounds good, and I like the fact that it apparently has a hard R rating (and is being banned in Saudi Arabia apparently).

    But if you buy the pixel remasters... I mean, I just beat FF1 and got the platinum in almost no time. I let the game idle in the background while I worked on some edits on my laptop, and it was actually really relaxing and cool, especially with the boost buffs, automated combat, and new orchestral soundtrack. It was like reliving part of your childhood in relaxing hyperspeed. 10/10 for nostalgic greatness.

    But after beating parts 6,1, and starting 5, I loaded up FF14, and holy shit. If someone had shown me this game when I was a kid........... it's just on another level. I'm cautiously optimistic that FF16 is going to be one of the best games ever made.

  27. #3777
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Hat, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    899
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The fan translation of Mother 3. $30k cost to do it. Jeebus. Great looking for being on the GBA.

  28. #3778
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Posts
    1,362
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    As ridiculous as it sounds, I've been playing PowerWash Simulator and really digging it. It's super relaxing and there's something very satisfying about cleaning up every spec of dirt. Well worth the 20 bucks I paid for it.

  29. #3779
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,472
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Playing Zelda TOTK and I can see this occupying a ton of my time. Very impressive new mechanics...

Posting Permissions