Page 118 of 129 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,540 of 3845

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I'm trying Hamsterz 2: Hamsterz Life.

Because, why not? I think hamsters, and even the word hamster, are/is hilarious.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Started Ni No Kuni on the switch last week and so far I really dig the animation! So happy I managed to snag this game when it was on sale at Walmart for $10

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I liked the first No No Kuni game, but felt that the combat wasn’t really planned out well enough, and that it got tiresome as it didn’t really evolve over the course of the game. It felt like it was straddling a new concept and trying to handle it in a traditional JRPG manner, with mixed results.

I picked up the sequel but havent played it yet. I hear they’ve revamped the gameplay and it’s an improvement

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Playing some of the Bowser's Fury and while it's a lot of fun, it's also incredibly frustrating that the camera stick is so limiting. Instead of pulling back, it goes up above you for some reason? So it's actually hard to get a wide angle of your location. There are some other niggling control issues and the hints for the shines sometimes mean nothing and the last shine for the level doesn't have a name? It says you have all of them but the lighthouse is missing a button so obviously you don't but it's not telling you what the last one could be?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Playing some of the Bowser's Fury and while it's a lot of fun, it's also incredibly frustrating that the camera stick is so limiting. Instead of pulling back, it goes up above you for some reason? So it's actually hard to get a wide angle of your location. There are some other niggling control issues and the hints for the shines sometimes mean nothing and the last shine for the level doesn't have a name? It says you have all of them but the lighthouse is missing a button so obviously you don't but it's not telling you what the last one could be?
    how many shines do you have?
    Over the weekend I've gone back to 3D World and am attempting to get gold flags on ones I haven't, and try to get any remaining green stars I need. I think there's one gold flag missing, something like 6 stars total, and 2 stamps. almost there!

other than that, Animal Crossing New Horizons has completely taken over my life and I love it. I need a good stress reliever and this is certainly it.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I liked the first No No Kuni game, but felt that the combat wasn’t really planned out well enough, and that it got tiresome as it didn’t really evolve over the course of the game. It felt like it was straddling a new concept and trying to handle it in a traditional JRPG manner, with mixed results.

I picked up the sequel but havent played it yet. I hear they’ve revamped the gameplay and it’s an improvement
    yeah, they fight system is a little lack luster and if you just grind up in levels there is little to no challenge left. The only thing that is keeping me tied into the game is the artwork. I would be pretty upset had I paid the full retail price but for only spending $10 it’s still enjoyable

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    yeah, they fight system is a little lack luster and if you just grind up in levels there is little to no challenge left. The only thing that is keeping me tied into the game is the artwork. I would be pretty upset had I paid the full retail price but for only spending $10 it’s still enjoyable
    Oh yeah... for 10 bucks it's worth every penny.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Put a good shift into Civ 6 last night, and it looks like I found a partner to play some Heroes 3! Only $1.30 on GOG.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I beat Bowser's Fury by accident. I didn't know it was the endgame version of Bowser, only that he would not leave the play field so finally I just fought him. OH look, credits. wtf, I haven't even been to every 'world' yet. So now I'm trying to get all 100 shines and there's this long drawn-out period where he won't show up but then when he does, it's endgame Bowser again. I don't want to do that long-ass fight every time and yet that's where I am.

The map is pretty terrible at times. It says I'm pointing SW and there's a ? to my immediate left. I turn 90 degrees and start off and after a couple minutes I check again and I've been going the wrong way. I know how to read a map but it would appear that this map took some cues from Google Maps* in that the arrow that says "you're pointing this way" is just wrong.

*I hate walking with Google Maps because you can hold the phone level so it's pointing directly in front of you and the icon on the map says you're facing a wall. ran into this in London several times and that's not a place you want to start walking the wrong way.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I have finally started Persona 5 Strikers. Early impressions (just over 3 hours in) and it feels Persona Lite, most of the heavy elements of the main game are gone (limited soical time to build bonds with extra characters and doing bit to level up other stats and any romance options are not in it. Also so far neither is the chance to change outfits, which is disappointing) The combat so far is pretty fun though (no turn based, now hack and slash with persona usage which is really good...but the SP drain can be a drag) but more importantly the writing is very Persona 5! Within the first 19mins is was grinning ear to ear "i've missed these goofs!" It's just so great to be back with them all, and the newest addition, Shopia, is an absolute DELIGHT!

This isn't going to be another 140 hour epic (average completion rates look between 40-60 hours depending if your going for all achievements) but it's so nice to be back with this cast.

As a side note as i have a PSTV i'm going to pick up Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 Portable before the PSN store closes in July as i really want to experience both of those and with the later the chance will be gone for the foreseeable if i don't get them now.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Came across a metroidvania side-scroller called Blasphemous. It has a religious allure surrounding it, brutal and gory imagery, and very creative enemies and NPC's. I am actually quite blown away from this game, and surprised it didn't get more recognition. It is also friggin' hard and does not hold your hand too much. Really cool to find out that it recently released a DLC that is connected to Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Came across a metroidvania side-scroller called Blasphemous. It has a religious allure surrounding it, brutal and gory imagery, and very creative enemies and NPC's. I am actually quite blown away from this game, and surprised it didn't get more recognition. It is also friggin' hard and does not hold your hand too much. Really cool to find out that it recently released a DLC that is connected to Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.
    fuck that looks awesome!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    this sort of game is generally completely up my alley, so I think I've played pretty much every "metroidvania" thing ever at least for a bit. I played Blasphemous and I am not sure why it didn't just completely thrill me, but I didn't like it enough to really go into it on a deep level.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    this sort of game is generally completely up my alley, so I think I've played pretty much every "metroidvania" thing ever at least for a bit. I played Blasphemous and I am not sure why it didn't just completely thrill me, but I didn't like it enough to really go into it on a deep level.
    I jump on anything from the genre. I dunno, this one has a very mature feeling to it and knows what it wants to and be. Every little cutscene I am paying attention to, I feel immersed, and I love the art direction.

I had no idea they were making an Axiom Verge 2. It looks vastly different as far as environments are concerned.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Axiom Verge looked great... the game I really need to give another shot to is Dead Cells probably.... it’s just been a tough time for me I guess, and I haven’t had time for fun stuff.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Dragon Quest 11 in 2D mode on the Switch.
    my 2nd go around will be in 3d mode.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Axiom Verge looked great... the game I really need to give another shot to is Dead Cells probably.... it’s just been a tough time for me I guess, and I haven’t had time for fun stuff.
    I hear that. Dead Cells is a fantastic game, and tough. I need to revisit myself somewhere down the road.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    On that vibe, I just went through Hollow Knight.

What a fucking game. So much creativity, such gratifying gameplay. Beautiful aesthetic and music. Amazing all the way through. It can stand shoulder to shoulder with Dark Souls and Symphony of the Night.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post

What a fucking game. So much creativity, such gratifying gameplay. Beautiful aesthetic and music. Amazing all the way through. It can stand shoulder to shoulder with Dark Souls and Symphony of the Night.
    once i have money again i'm gonna get a hollow knight tattoo in the same vein as my gravity falls and over the garden wall tattoos, an assemblage of some of my favorite imagery from the game. but there's so much i love that it's gonna be hard to narrow it down haha.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

I love everything about this game, but there is something that just doesn't click with me. I have revisited it twice and put it down after a few hours; I cannot figure it out lol.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I love everything about this game, but there is something that just doesn't click with me. I have revisited it twice and put it down after a few hours; I cannot figure it out lol.
    what controller are you using?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Hollow Knight is probably the best game of that genre... it's either that or Metroid 3 or Symphony of the Knight, but Guacamelee 1 comes pretty close too, and I think Salt and Sanctuary is really some batshit greatness.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It actually didn't click for me the first time I played it either. I struggled really hard to navigate through the maps and got unnecessarily angry about the fact that you need to basically use a skill slot for the compass. But I also wasn't playing in earnest. Being on the switch, I'd play with the tv on and in between other games. This time I made a point to approach it with my undivided attention and to just embrace some of the stuff that was grating me. I also started treating the merchants as important, realizing that essentially it was the only way to level up. It took a bit but I finally got into the groove

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    It actually didn't click for me the first time I played it either. I struggled really hard to navigate through the maps and got unnecessarily angry about the fact that you need to basically use a skill slot for the compass. But I also wasn't playing in earnest. Being on the switch, I'd play with the tv on and in between other games. This time I made a point to approach it with my undivided attention and to just embrace some of the stuff that was grating me. I also started treating the merchants as important, realizing that essentially it was the only way to level up. It took a bit but I finally got into the groove
    After the third time, I was hoping it would click for me but there is something about the way it plays I find off-putting. It's weird, I had the same feeling with Dust: An Elysian Yale, but I eventually finished it. I sit down with every game I find intriguing and I just wasn't too excited to jump back in... I know it's sad .

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe
    What controller are you using?
    I tried an Xbox Controller, PS4 and 5 controllers... PS4 felt the most "Right" to me.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Huh, I also really liked Dust, so maybe there’s something unique just not clicking. I do promise there’s something great in Hollow Knight, and I think it’s “the best metroidvania game ever”

But I don’t know... originally I felt the same, and everyone hyping it up to me was right, but they all also swear I’m wrong about Witcher 3, and I am done trying to give a shit with that game or company in general

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Huh, I also really liked Dust, so maybe there’s something unique just not clicking. I do promise there’s something great in Hollow Knight, and I think it’s “the best metroidvania game ever”

But I don’t know... originally I felt the same, and everyone hyping it up to me was right, but they all also swear I’m wrong about Witcher 3, and I am done trying to give a shit with that game or company in general
    Ok... you all convinced me. I am going to download it again and start from scratch and see what happens. My last file was played in 2018 so maybe I will have a change of heart after finishing Blasphemous and Axiom Verge.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Ok... you all convinced me. I am going to download it again and start from scratch and see what happens. My last file was played in 2018 so maybe I will have a change of heart after finishing Blasphemous and Axiom Verge.
    also, please consider getting an 8-bit do SNES-style controller. i can't tell you how big of a difference it makes for platformers (especially hollow knight and celeste). the switch controller is really not great for d-pad stuff, and it feels so much more natural to use a proper d-pad than the four tiny buttons.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    also, please consider getting an 8-bit do SNES-style controller. i can't tell you how big of a difference it makes for platformers (especially hollow knight and celeste). the switch controller is really not great for d-pad stuff, and it feels so much more natural to use a proper d-pad than the four tiny buttons.
    I have one, but honestly the d-pads for modern controllers really do not bother me all that much; it really depends on the game. Cybershadow I could not stand using the duelsense for, but Blashphemous it works much better. I mainly use the older gamepads for older games, the new controllers really do not translate well for me when I am playing a Megaman collection or Contra... games like that. I may have to get a new one though, so thanks for bringing that up lol.

And Celeste! Adding it to my list.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I have one, but honestly the d-pads for modern controllers really do not bother me all that much; it really depends on the game. Cybershadow I could not stand using the duelsense for, but Blashphemous it works much better. I mainly use the older gamepads for older games, the new controllers really do not translate well for me when I am playing a Megaman collection or Contra... games like that. I may have to get a new one though, so thanks for bringing that up lol.

And Celeste! Adding it to my list.
    i love celeste so much i have a tattoo from it - the feather (you'll understand once you play)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So, first I played Metroid: Zero Mission, which is a remake of the OG. The NES game- it was so ambitious, what they were aiming for, but it was just short of fucking IMPOSSIBLE, and the physics weren't great. I had ONE friend in the eighties who stuck with it: he drew his own maps on graph paper and kept me up to date on his progress, for like NINE MONTHS.
    Zero Mission adds a map, some hints, a graphical overhaul, and upgrades the controls to Super Metroid standards. It really turns what I'd call a failed masterpiece into a damn fine, must play game for fans of the series.

And THEN, there's Metroid Fusion. That one is, imho, no shit, PRETTY much on par with Super Metroid. I'm sad that it's almost over.

Anyway, if you loved Super Metroid, make sure you play the two GBA titles, with your emulators, flash carts, virtual consoles, or however you can.

I'm using an Anbernic R351P, and if you're a retro gaming fan who likes handhelds, you're missing the damn party if you don't have one of these heavenly devices.