Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
So, first I played Metroid: Zero Mission, which is a remake of the OG. The NES game- it was so ambitious, what they were aiming for, but it was just short of fucking IMPOSSIBLE, and the physics weren't great. I had ONE friend in the eighties who stuck with it: he drew his own maps on graph paper and kept me up to date on his progress, for like NINE MONTHS.
Zero Mission adds a map, some hints, a graphical overhaul, and upgrades the controls to Super Metroid standards. It really turns what I'd call a failed masterpiece into a damn fine, must play game for fans of the series.

And THEN, there's Metroid Fusion. That one is, imho, no shit, PRETTY much on par with Super Metroid. I'm sad that it's almost over.

Anyway, if you loved Super Metroid, make sure you play the two GBA titles, with your emulators, flash carts, virtual consoles, or however you can.

I'm using an Anbernic R351P, and if you're a retro gaming fan who likes handhelds, you're missing the damn party if you don't have one of these heavenly devices.
zero mission and fusion are both absolutely incredible. i have them on the WiiU virtual console.