Page 9 of 129 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Finally got Darksiders cheap for the PC. I played it on 360 but couldn't get into it for some reason.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Diggin' thru some old stuff, really enjoying this one

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    bloody hell thats an old one, I remember the hype train for Messiah.. it went on and on... wasn't it delayed for years?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I got this game when I was 7 or 8 and I never beat it. That ends now. I'm about 43% done with it. Amazing game, but really cheap and difficult at time, but that's Castlevania for you.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    ^ My buddy gave me his copy of Lords of Shadow, and I can't really seem to get into it...I dunno, that style of game isn't really my thing. Are the older games different? I'm one of those people that missed out on Castlevania as a kid. :P

I've been playing Little Big Planet with a lot of friends before I leave when we get time to kill, and I almost broke my first controlled. SUCH A FUN GAME. But my gaming's on hold until I can get all moved in.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Played Darksiders II for a couple hours last night, seems like it's going to be pretty awesome. Would've played it longer but Jaws came out on blu-ray yesterday and I wanted to watch that, it looks fantastic by the way.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Picked up Sleeping Dogs. Haven't even opened it yet though. Still very caught up into Kingdom Hearts 3D, which is VERY confusing.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post

I got this game when I was 7 or 8 and I never beat it. That ends now. I'm about 43% done with it. Amazing game, but really cheap and difficult at time, but that's Castlevania for you.
    This game was increible. I love most Castlevanias though, with CV 2/3 being my favorites I think. I could not get into Lords of Shadow at first, and finally when I got to the castle, I really started to love it. LoS2 will be great.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Grew up with the 2D ones. Lords of Shadow was the first 3D one that I was actually able to enjoy. Can't wait for the new one

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i gave up after castlevania IV (which ruled), as the N64 version was pitiful. i mean really, one of the most dreadful games i've ever played. however, i've heard great things about symphony of the night, and have it downloaded to my xbox, so one of these days i'll get around to it.

i still haven't beaten III yet--- got to dracula but cannot for the life of me defeat his third form. one of the few 'classics' i grew up with i haven't mastered yet, maybe someday...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Had an extremely hard decision between the two games that came out yesterday of which I'd buy to take up the rest of my days in August. Darksiders II looked extremely promising and what I want(ed) but I went ahead with this instead...

Last edited by Space Suicide; 08-15-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I still have the first Darksiders game just sitting there on the shelf, yet to be played. The new one looks pretty cool, but I should probably play the first one (assuming).

How you liking it, Suicide?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I still have the first Darksiders game just sitting there on the shelf, yet to be played. The new one looks pretty cool, but I should probably play the first one (assuming).

How you liking it, Suicide?
    It's fucking awesome. Activision were so fucking stupid to let this game go.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I've gotten to the first one now...Darksiders. I really like it, I gave up on it too early before.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm still playing DayZ. Is anyone else playing DayZ? Why am I still playing DayZ? Because it's [fun].
    Last edited by Corvus T. Cosmonaut; 08-15-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ^ Symphony of the Night is one of my all time favourite games. Best game of the "Metroidvania" template bar none.

-

After seeing Dark Knight Rises and rewatching the other two films in the series I've been on a Batman kick. Polished off Arkham Asylum with 100% Riddles in 3 sessions. I've finished the main story and sidequests of Arkham City, but am not too optimistic about my chances of getting all the Riddler stuff done. :/

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankieteardrop View Post
    i gave up after castlevania IV (which ruled), as the N64 version was pitiful. i mean really, one of the most dreadful games i've ever played. however, i've heard great things about symphony of the night, and have it downloaded to my xbox, so one of these days i'll get around to it.
    Symphony of the Night is not just (by far) the best Castlevania game ever made, it probably ranks somewhere in my top ten games of all time.... If you like video games at all, you're doing yourself a disservice if you haven't played it.

Lords of Shadow is fun, but it really has nothing to do with Castlevania. The game was reappropriated into becoming a Castlevania game after it was already practically finished. That said, it's fun, and actually really sadly overlooked, but it's not really a Castlevania game.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: if you haven't played Castlevania: Symphony of the Night or Super Metroid, you're missing out on a whole genre that was done precisely right in those two games, and nobody's managed to capture it since (and not entirely from lack of trying).
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-16-2012 at 06:05 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    So Darksiders 2 doesn't run real well on PS3, at least it doesn't for me. Only way I can explain it is that it's jumpy, I get a lot of mini freezes where the game has to catch up with how I'm moving through the world, same thing happened in AC Brotherhood. Still having a lot of fun with the game and the issues don't really take much away from it, just kind of annoying. Got to a part in one of the dungeons last night where I got my ass kicked cause I ran out of health potions. At one point the game said there are points in the dungeons where you can leave to get supplies and then come back to the same place, gonna have to figure that out.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Symphony of the Night is not just (by far) the best Castlevania game ever made, it probably ranks somewhere in my top ten games of all time.... If you like video games at all, you're doing yourself a disservice if you haven't played it.

Lords of Shadow is fun, but it really has nothing to do with Castlevania. The game was reappropriated into becoming a Castlevania game after it was already practically finished. That said, it's fun, and actually really sadly overlooked, but it's not really a Castlevania game.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: if you haven't played Castlevania: Symphony of the Night or Super Metroid, you're missing out on a whole genre that was done precisely right in those two games, and nobody's managed to capture it since (and not entirely from lack of trying).
    Symphony of the Night is definitely the best of the 2D era games (counting the DS ones as well). I don't compare it with Lords of Shadow at all. They may be castlevania, but they're completely different genres, different generations.

Enjoying the hell out of Sleeping Dogs. For a game that nearly slipped under my radar, it's pretty amazing. The setting is fun to look at and explore. Closest I'll probably ever get to Hong Kong.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Dust: An Elysian Tale. Very early on, game looks very promising.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    Dust: An Elysian Tale. Very early on, game looks very promising.
    Bought this last night, it's great. It's a Metroidvania game.

I think Lords of Shadow was the first good 3D Castlevania made. The ending was great as well.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    almost bought Sleeping dogs. noticed it doesn't run on XP and put it back on shelf

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

loved super metroid when it came out- played that game for weeks on end. SOTN is definitely on the agenda next...after i finish:

Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    After seeing Dark Knight Rises and rewatching the other two films in the series I've been on a Batman kick. Polished off Arkham Asylum with 100% Riddles in 3 sessions. I've finished the main story and sidequests of Arkham City, but am not too optimistic about my chances of getting all the Riddler stuff done. :/
    ...this. haven't played arkham city yet, but finally got around to trying arkham asylum and it rules. i'm about 85% done, might plow through the rest tonight...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    bought chrono trigger for my ds and dmc collection for my 360 yesterday. not really looking forward to playing dmc 2 since i heard it was a steaming pile of shit. also totally gonna be getting mario tomorrow after trading in my 3ds for the xl.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    So Darksiders 2 doesn't run real well on PS3, at least it doesn't for me. Only way I can explain it is that it's jumpy, I get a lot of mini freezes where the game has to catch up with how I'm moving through the world, same thing happened in AC Brotherhood. Still having a lot of fun with the game and the issues don't really take much away from it, just kind of annoying. Got to a part in one of the dungeons last night where I got my ass kicked cause I ran out of health potions. At one point the game said there are points in the dungeons where you can leave to get supplies and then come back to the same place, gonna have to figure that out.
    Been reading articles on this since it came out and there are a lot of bugs. They are going to work on a patch so that the game runs more smoothly for gamers. My friend has it for 360 and he is having the same problems so it isn't a console problem; more like a development problem. It is still getting great reviews and that seems to be the only beef that people are having with it, plus saying that the more bigger maps and worlds has nothing to do in them but to just look and run around. I'm getting this in the next week after playing the shit out of Darksiders, plus a platinum trophy

Just bought Chrono Cross from PSN. I never played this but I heard it is a great game and sequel to Chrono Trigger. Cannot wait to get into this. Oh! And I got Legend Of Dragoon; such an underrated game!
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 08-19-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Played through Portal for the first time ever. Wasn't too bad.

Still hooked on BF3 though. Eagerly awaiting Armoured Kill.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just finished Kingdom Hearts 3D. Still in KH mode, so I bought some component cables and now I have my ps2 in HD. So I'll be playing those soon probably. After I finish Sleeping Dogs (which is amazing!). On my 3DS, it's 358/2 Days. Trying to get a full understanding of the KH story (hah!).

Edit: and it sucks that After so many years now that the ps3 still gets the inferior ports of games. Its gotten better. But it sucks that it still happens.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Found WWE SmackDown! Vs RAW 2011 for cheap and new at $19.99. Debating on whether or not to buy...

Playing the hell out of Sleeping Dogs, Alice: Madness Returns and some Deus Ex: Human Revolution here and there.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Game is actually quite excellent.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I picked up Castlevania: Symphony of the Night when I was 7 years old and it whooped my ass. It showed no mercy. 13 years later I decided to pick it back up and fucking own this game. Own in which I did. I FINALLY BEAT SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT!

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK YEAH!