Page 65 of 129 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 3848

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    finally got past a level in the original Ratchet & Clank that i've been attempting on and off for, like, a year. haha. felt pretty good. i'm playing it on the R&C collection on PS3. oh, and that reminds me, i should probably check out the trailer for the movie!!!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i love indie horror games. power drill massacre is probably my favorite. i played the stupidest, silliest one ever this morning. death forest is a japanese game that's a lot like slender, but you're being stalked by a giant face. seriously. i guess it's supposed to be like the grudge or something, but it's literally just a face. it's creepy but so insanely ridiculous.

4/10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finished Life is Strange the other day. This was maybe the second or third game to ever bring me to tears. I played this game on PS4 and will probably buy the limited edition physical version for xbox one just to support a game i really enjoyed.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I've put down Fallout 4 for a bit and picked up Tearaway Unfolded because frankly, I want to play a bright happy game that is full of joy and sunshine. I beat chapter 1 of MGSV, and that took... 40 - 50 hours, and going straight into Fallout was just starting to feel like a massive investment... Tearaway is a joy to behold, its fairly simple and kinda linear, but also there really aren't that many new 3D platformers our there, and the art style, story and soundtrack all make it a lovely, quirky experience that has really been a labour of love.

It was also £15 in Game, I'd already played it on the Vita, and the PS4 version, while having loads of new stuff, is still a similar game.
    Here is me being a twat with the gif maker:
    https://twitter.com/alone_music/stat...01125297541120

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I'm playing Devil May Cry, the original one.

Fuck me it's hard lol I'm usually pretty shit at stringing together combos and things, this game is basically all timing and learning the algorithms of the enemies you fight. I'm fighting that giant ass scorpion tarantula thing again in mission 8.

I'm not used to how the controls kind of change around depending on which direction your character is facing and how the camera perspective changes and interferes with all of that.

Does that stuff improve in the later games? (i have the HD collection on PS3)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I'm playing Devil May Cry, the original one.

Fuck me it's hard lol I'm usually pretty shit at stringing together combos and things, this game is basically all timing and learning the algorithms of the enemies you fight. I'm fighting that giant ass scorpion tarantula thing again in mission 8.

I'm not used to how the controls kind of change around depending on which direction your character is facing and how the camera perspective changes and interferes with all of that.

Does that stuff improve in the later games? (i have the HD collection on PS3)
    No, it's just as difficult/shitty. Though 3 is the best in terms of being awesome. Doesn't mean it's not a good game.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    No, it's just as difficult/shitty. Though 3 is the best in terms of being awesome. Doesn't mean it's not a good game.
    Platforming is the absolute worst in this game with the forced perspective bullshit.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Platforming is the absolute worst in this game with the forced perspective bullshit.
    I love Resident Evil but the fixed camera shit gets old.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Weren't MGS1 and 2 like that as well? @Space Suicide

Victims of that era i guess.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Weren't MGS1 and 2 like that as well? @Space Suicide

Victims of that era i guess.
    And MGS3 (originally) until they re-released it as Subsistence. The first two MGS games didn't really suffer from it though. Not as much as the first few RE games did. But that was mostly due to the tankish controls.

Bought Smash bros on wii-u. Playing a little bit of Wolfenstein: the new order which is a surprise, because I wasn't expecting stealth aspects.

And of course, there's fallout 4.
    Last edited by Piko; 11-29-2015 at 01:45 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    been playing through Okami again. i never get tired of this game. it's so beautiful, and so well-made, and so fun.

my wife is currently playing through A Link To The Past, which makes my heart all kinds of happy. it's her second Zelda game (she played Phantom Hourglass a while ago).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    been playing through Okami again. i never get tired of this game. it's so beautiful, and so well-made, and so fun.
    I still hold that Okami is the best zelda game. I'm hoping for a 'super HD' remake (or hell, just exactly the same..) of the version they put out on PSN/XBLA for PS4 so I can play through it again and get that lovely platinum a second time.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    I still hold that Okami is the best zelda game. I'm hoping for a 'super HD' remake (or hell, just exactly the same..) of the version they put out on PSN/XBLA for PS4 so I can play through it again and get that lovely platinum a second time.
    they released an HD downloadable version for PS3 i think.
    it's always funny playing through it on the wii and being able to draw so easily (i'm terrible at drawing normally) and thinking back to playing it on the PS2, having to draw with the control stick, and wondering how the hell i did it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    they released an HD downloadable version for PS3 i think.
    it's always funny playing through it on the wii and being able to draw so easily (i'm terrible at drawing normally) and thinking back to playing it on the PS2, having to draw with the control stick, and wondering how the hell i did it.
    Yeah it's on PS3. I wish it would hit PS4 eventually as I'd buy it. I don't play my PS3 enough to buy it and at $19.99 I wouldn't get my money's worth on that console.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Halo 5 but its been pissing the living shit outta me. I hate the weapons unlock system in multiplayer...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    found a copy of The Order 1886 for £12. No regrets, its actually pretty damn fun, utterly stunning to look at and actually quite a subtle and considered game. Firefights breakout naturally and sequences lead into each other fluidly (perhaps too much so as there is often very little prompting that you can't mess something up, or when you can). The story is a little cliche in parts, but also brings enough interest to keep you going, as well as not dwelling on lore and history which is instead inferred through overheard conversations and the frequently gorgeous world.

I would say think of it as a very cinematic take on a Telltale game in an original universe with a bit of cover shooting and you wouldn't be disappointed. If you expect it to be a Gears of War fist pump fest.. its not that. It isn't the best game in the world, but damn is it nice to play something not open world after MGSV and Fallout 4. There is plenty of room for both things in the infinite spectrum of games.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my best friend got me (shipped directly from gamestop) the bundle that comes with Yoshi's Woolly World & a woolly Yoshi amiibo! i can't wait to play it, and yoshi is so freakin' cute!

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    KOTOR 2, but the first time with the restored content mod. Always a heartbreaker, playing this game, as the thought of this never being continued is just sad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The last three games I have played:

Game of Thrones (Telltale Games)- Good game had the GOT feel. Liked the length of the episodes but some of the bigger decisions you had to make felt really rushed or didn't make too much sense, the story could have been better handled I guess is what I am saying. Enjoyed it overall though- 7.5/10

Tales from the Borderlands (Telltale Games)- Awesome game! IMO best Telltale game since the first season of the The Walking Dead slightly above or tied with The Wolf Among Us. I've only played Borderlands 2, which is the events of this game take after (though there really isn't a need to play the games to play this one), which I enjoyed overall but had some criticisms of certain things. This game was just well written and the story was really fun. The music intros were amazing! 9/10 and most likely a spot in a top 5 list if I had one (I know the first ep. came out in 2014 but most it came out this year). Worth playing especially if you are a fan of the franchise or Telltale.

Life is Strange (Dontnod Entertainment)- A Game of the Year Candidate for me. This game was just amazing.I live in the Northwest, I've been to the Oregon Coast tons of time (Astoria-Seaside-Cannon Beach), Arcadia Bay the fictional town in the game kept reminding me of Astoria. Well written story which hit upon some issues rarely discussed in some games (though to be fair games are starting to address a lot of these same issues). Some really though choices to make too I remember having to take my time making some of them as I had to think/over think them. Yes the game did have some Lip Syncing issues (not that big deal to me but I can see it bothering some people) and some of the dialogue/slang felt a little forced or wrongly used for EX: I use the word Hella a lot up here and so do a lot of my friends it's been part of our vocab growing up but man are there times the game uses it in a cringe worthy way lol. Those were my two small complaints. Great Story and Game I highly recommended it. 10/10 for me!

Next games on my play list: FF7 PS4 Port, Uncharted 3, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, Sleeping Dogs.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    i am playing Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Fallout 3 on the xbox one. I've beaten Fallout 4 twice already, siding with the Institute in one play-through then with the Brotherhood with the other. I'm level 70 with one character and level 31 on the other. I really hope the first DLC comes out soon. Back to Fallout 3, it's fun resisting this game. I'm getting the DLC for it tomorrow. I'm also trying to finally beat Alien: Isolation

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Portal

a perfect winter holidays game, not only because of cake but because of that special holiday feeling of everyone manipulating everyone

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    Fallout 3 on the xbox one. I've beaten Fallout 4 twice already, siding with the Institute in one play-through then with the Brotherhood with the other. I'm level 70 with one character and level 31 on the other. I really hope the first DLC comes out soon. Back to Fallout 3, it's fun resisting this game. I'm getting the DLC for it tomorrow. I'm also trying to finally beat Alien: Isolation
    Also add Rise of the Tomb raider to that list. Bought the deluxe edition today.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I beat a boss on Bloodborne. Feel accomplished. Anyway.. back to wrapping up 2015 games by starting Until Dawn, and probably getting scared. Also might get back to Fallout 4...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    I beat a boss on Bloodborne. Feel accomplished. Anyway.. back to wrapping up 2015 games by starting Until Dawn, and probably getting scared. Also might get back to Fallout 4...
    Cleric Beast?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Cleric Beast?
    Vicar Amelia. Just got to Hemwick Charnel Lane too. That foresty bit to get there was a pain. My Bloodborne progress is glacial at best.
    Last edited by liquidcalm; 01-01-2016 at 05:41 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Beat the Bloodborne DLC over Christmas...way worth the price and very difficult. It's probably in my Top 5 all time favorite games now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Played the hell out of the Final Fantasy VII PS4 port over the long weekend. The boosts are great, made doing all of this over again pretty damn enjoyable. Just a few trophies to clean up and then I'll have the plat.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Been playing through Fallout 4, and it's totally cool and I'm having a blast, but I gotta say, to me Elder Scrolls is a way better franchise than Fallout. The lore and the world building just seems way deeper in the Elder Scrolls games. They got all the complicated religious stuff, tons of different factions, different races and cultures and politics and whatnot. I've spent a riduculous amount of time just reading the books in Elder Scrolls games, just because it's so interesting to dig deep into the backstory of the world. I feel like I'm missing that in this game. It's weird, cause they're both made by Bethesda, and their Fallout games are basically just the post-apocalypse/sci-fi version of an Elder Scrolls game (I mean, in terms of game design and mechanics and whatnot), so I don't understand why the Fallout world seems to have less going on. Kinda wish they'd sell this franchise to someone else (maybe to Obsidian?) and just focus primarily on ES, but that's just me.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Been playing through Fallout 4, and it's totally cool and I'm having a blast, but I gotta say, to me Elder Scrolls is a way better franchise than Fallout. The lore and the world building just seems way deeper in the Elder Scrolls games.
    I have to agree. I've been on the fence about shelling out for Fallout 4. Although I did enjoy Fallout 3 immensely, I recall really finding a deeper experience with Skyrim and Oblivion. Fallout 4 looks like another Fallout 3 and 3 felt to me like a lot of dungeon slogging and ambush defense. Even though Skyrim had similar mechanics there felt like so much more satisfying environment and story around it. Fallout became all about weapons, ammo and regen scavenging after a while. I am a big Bethesda fan so I likely will pick up Fallout 4 soon. But again, it doesn't seem to be the same level of immersion as Elder Scrolls.