Page 31 of 129 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Trying to play through a few backlog games off and on for the past few months: God of War 3, Halo 4, Max Payne 3, and Gears of War 3. Straight-up shooters and action games are usually something I enjoy, but for some reason now they feel repetitive to me. Its not that the games suck. They're very well done games for their genre, but at their core they are basically kill things in a room, kill things in another room, sometimes do a really simple puzzle, then kill a bigger thing in a room. Maybe its like not being as much into metal as you get older. I'll beat them eventually, but its more like 'I feel I gotta beat them because I bought them' than me actually wanting to play them. Good games, but maybe they're not my thing anymore.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Dead Rising 2 has inspired me to coin the term "Capcom-esque"

You heard it here first.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    replaying GTA IV. I totally can't wait for GTA V!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Saints Row IV is pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Discovered the Perfect Dark (N64) was on XBox store recently so downloaded. Such a legendary game! Had not played since my N64 went kaput, now all I need is 3 more controllers to bring back the good ol days of multiplayer fps

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Splinter cell: Chaos Theory. Contemplating on whether or not to pick up Blacklist today.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Splinter cell: Chaos Theory. Contemplating on whether or not to pick up Blacklist today.
    I'm going to pick up my pre-ordered copy in a few hours. I'll let you know.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Awesome. I should wait until I can really afford it. I'm definitely getting it soon though. Maybe I'll sift through my games and trade something.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Awesome. I should wait until I can really afford it. I'm definitely getting it soon though. Maybe I'll sift through my games and trade something.
    I just got it (Xbox 360 version). Right from the get go I expect great things. 2 discs. The single player portion takes up 2 discs. The second disc also is for the HD Texture Pack for maximum visual performance. I haven't even tackled the menu yet or the game itself. I'm game for some Spies vs Mercs with you at anytime if you do get the Xbox 360 version.

If you get the game from Gamestop, it's similar to Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed III where the DLC is an Ubisoft code and needs to be put in on the main menu. There's no way not to buy a version of this game that doesn't have extras.

I also picked up Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal today for $14.99 at Best Buy! Cross platform version too. One for my PS3 and one for my Vita. Can't wait to play it. Wanted it for months and months.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    We should play all stars. I picked it up a little while back. Not sure if I can afford blacklist atm.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    the achilles heel of all stars was that you had to KO with a finishing move to score in every game mode. single handedly sunk that game imo.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It doesn't bother me that much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been playing NBA2K13. 50-15 with OKC right now. Trying to get Durantula to average with a double-double thus giving him excelent chances to finish as the league MVP. Had him finish the All-Star game as the MVP. And since I'm going to win The Finals, I know damn good and well he'll be The Finals MVP.

Also, I keep playing exhibition games with the Celebrity Team vs Miami Heat with my created player "The Destroyer AKA: Speghetti" on the Celeb team to just try and injur Lying Bastard Jackass. Sometimes I call him Lyndon B. Johnson.....you know, just a reminder that there was an LBJ before him.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Saints Row 4: Surprisingly a whole different game than SR3 while being more of the same. Would have been great as DLC... as a standalone I'm not sure yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Saints Row 4: Surprisingly a whole different game than SR3 while being more of the same. Would have been great as DLC... as a standalone I'm not sure yet.
    I admit, it does feel a lot like a more robust and fully-realized piece of DLC for the third game... but there's a reason for it. SR4 originally started as an expansion for SR3 called Enter the Dominatrix (obvious Matrix reference). Volition decided to take aspects from what they had planned for the DLC and instead started working on IV. From what I gather, though, that DLC is still coming out for IV.

In this age of AAA sequels, it does seem a little strange they would release this as the fourth entry in the series, but that's just if I'm thinking about it too much. It's insanely fun. However, I have no idea where they'll go from here. It feels like this is the logical conclusion to the path of ridiculousness they set out on from the second game.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exilajei View Post
    I admit, it does feel a lot like a more robust and fully-realized piece of DLC for the third game... but there's a reason for it. SR4 originally started as an expansion for SR3 called Enter the Dominatrix (obvious Matrix reference). Volition decided to take aspects from what they had planned for the DLC and instead started working on IV. From what I gather, though, that DLC is still coming out for IV.

In this age of AAA sequels, it does seem a little strange they would release this as the fourth entry in the series, but that's just if I'm thinking about it too much. It's insanely fun. However, I have no idea where they'll go from here. It feels like this is the logical conclusion to the path of ridiculousness they set out on from the second game.
    I said that with the knowledge that it started out as DLC...

but now that I've played it I figured out what's up. This is not a Saint's Row game as Saint's Row was originally conceived. This has more in common with crackdown or Prototype than GTA or Saints Row. It's actually a really ambitious and mostly well made game, but your somehow getting a very different thing than Saints Row 3, for all of it's common ground.

I do dig it

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Currently playing Payday 2

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Currently playing Payday 2
    Any good? I heard it's punishingly difficult if you have people that don't play as a group.

After playing two single player missions and every game mode of Spies vs Mercs, I fully recommend and endorse anyone interested or a fan of the series to get Splinter Cell: Blacklist. I hope SvM gets more maps/DLC as it is ridiculously fun not to mention hyserical when playing morons.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    NHL 11. Got drafted 5th overall by the Islanders as a Power Forward. Currently on the first line. I get more of a thrill out of wearing 69 than like, scoring goals.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Starting from the beginning of Fire Emblem: Awakening. I'm pissed. My friend took it without my permission then decided to save over my files. Both of them. So now I'm all the way at the beginning.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Any good? I heard it's punishingly difficult if you have people that don't play as a group.
    So far so good. I haven't ran into any shit players but yeah I have talked to other players about it and it really puts a damp into the game. Try it out!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Killzone Mercenary beta on Vita is seriously rad.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Does anyone else besides Wretchedest and I have Persona 4 Arena? I've been playing it again recently and I'd like to play some online matches with people here besides just playing with asshole randoms who do nothing but play as Elizabeth and back themselves into a corner then spam Ziodyne.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    x360 - new BOII zombies map, Origins. I love WW1 and this is friggin awesome!
    PS2 - GTA San Andreas. Started a new playthru a month ago and i forgot how good this game is! still holds up today too.
    SNES - Super Metroid and Killer Instinct. With all this talk of a new KI, my fighting game friends and I decided to re-visit this gem.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    Does anyone else besides Wretchedest and I have Persona 4 Arena? I've been playing it again recently and I'd like to play some online matches with people here besides just playing with asshole randoms who do nothing but play as Elizabeth and back themselves into a corner then spam Ziodyne.
    Dude... corner spammers: SO BAD for Yukiko, and she's tough as fuck to play as. Super technical because of all the projectile directions and charged attacks.

I fell off for a bit because of all the other games out there. but I will come back soon.

Did you see that Japan is getting an arcade only update? Lots of changes. They're calling it a sequel... but it's mostly just a mssive update.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Splinter Cell: Blacklist

After beating three single player missions and about eight co-op missions thus far I can now weigh in on how great the game is properly. Like past games in the series, it's as easy or difficult as you make it to be. The cover system has been tweaked and uses a pseudo-Ghost Recon: Future Soldier button layout and scheme and it works really well. Some areas are heavily guarded to the maximum level with close to 20 men...ugh. The style masteries make the replay value go up.

The Panther playstyle actually makes you feel like a badass predator as I pick off each imbecile one by one as I stalk in the shadows. Super fun to knife a guy in the back or slit an unsuspecting enemy's throat.

Ghost is classic Splinter Cell gameplay and they've made almost every level a small sandbox to make you choose your own way through and out of guarded areas. Very rewarding and fun to bypass waves of men with them none the wiser.

Assault is basic third person shooter action, it's done well but I prefer the other two styles, honestly.

Besides DmC Devil May Cry and Tomb Raider, this game is definitely one of my top Games of the Year. After beating it on normal, I'll definitely set my sights on Perfectionist difficulty...God help me.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Dude... corner spammers: SO BAD for Yukiko, and she's tough as fuck to play as. Super technical because of all the projectile directions and charged attacks.

I fell off for a bit because of all the other games out there. but I will come back soon.

Did you see that Japan is getting an arcade only update? Lots of changes. They're calling it a sequel... but it's mostly just a mssive update.

I play as Akihiko and his character is an up close character. He doesn't have any projectiles, but he's super fast. But if they play as Elizabeth they just back into a corner and spam Ziodyne then when I get close enough they do that wind attack and it fucks my shit up. Then they just get right back into a corner and do the same shit.

Yukiko players do the same shit but at least her SP meter doesn't fill up super fast every second.

I did see the new characters. Yukari and Junpei from Persona 3! I'm pretty to see them in it, I was kind of mad they didn't add them in the first game. But Apparently it's just a really big update for arcades only in Japan. I don't think we'll be getting it any time soon. Hopefully they just decide to make a whole game instead of it just being a huge update.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    I play as Akihiko and his character is an up close character.

Yukiko players do the same shit but at least her SP meter doesn't fill up super fast every second.
    Akihiko is easily my best match up :P but I'm a lot better and zoning with her than just some fan spamming.

Of course the fan spamming does help.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rayman Legends is fucking magical, as expected.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Akihiko is easily my best match up :P but I'm a lot better and zoning with her than just some fan spamming.

Of course the fan spamming does help.

Do you main Yukiko or someone else?

I used to play as Yu but Aki plays more to my style than Yu does.