Page 49 of 129 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 3845

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Gone Home: This game has gotten a bit of internet controversy due to some thinking it gets its praise solely from its pro-gay theme. I think that was handled pretty subtly in the game, so its not so much the game's fault for that and more so some reviewers like Polygon for making a big deal out of it. As for the game, its one of those experimental "non-game" games, with no enemies or a life bar. You go around exploring, kind of like Myst.

-Is it good or bad? More so than other games, this is very subjective to the player. Its very much a love it or hate it. I kinda liked it; it ain't perfect, but it was a relaxing change of pace from being an adolescent power fantasy, which the majority of games are. I've got nothing against adolescent power fantasies(I just beat Vanquish), but variety is nice.
    -Will most players like it? I definitely would understand if they didn't. This really isn't for everybody. Like some indie films, this has a very niche appeal, and your regular COD/Battlefield players mostly aren't going to be in that niche.
    -Is there room for stuff like this in the gaming world? Yeah, I think so. With the growth of indie developers in the last couple years, games are becoming more like movies, that have their blockbusters, their smaller independent stuff, and the in-between blends of both. The definition of what a game is will continue to expand, and the audience will get more diverse. Both the studio games and the indies will influence each other to have ideas outside of their respective boxes, and I think thats a good thing.
    Last edited by Millionaire; 06-28-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Goat Simulator is the best completely-fucking-insane thing I've played since Octodad: Dadliest Catch.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @ibanez33 , i've been playing my ibanez GiO! lolz

i soft modded my wii and found that there are two GREAT castlevania games on GBA that are PRETTY damn similar to Symphony of the Night.
    There's this one, Aria of Sorrow, and a third (inferior, but still awesome,) Circle of the Moon.
    I never had a GBA but these are GREAT on the big screen TV!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @ibanez33 , i've been playing my ibanez GiO! lolz
    Nice! I regrettably haven't touched my old Roadstar in months, had to sell my amp and my Ibanez RG last year when my unemployment went longer than expected. Still have ol' Rusty and my pedalboard though so I may buy an amp and get back at it this summer.

And to keep on topic: I've sunk almost 3 hours into Goat Simulator so far. I still have no idea what I'm doing but it was damn well worth buying. If any of you guys have Steam and $6 to burn, give it a go.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Had a hard drive failure on the PS3, so I had to reformat and lost everything. Luckily all my save data is in the cloud, just have to re-instal game data. Anyway NBA2k12 is free right now, so I'm trying that out while shit downloads.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Rented it this afternoon. I got it till Friday (5 days). I can beat it, right?

I barely even started but am having a blast with it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm one the fence about that one. Only Wolfenstein game I've played is Wolfenstein 3D...

Been playing Ratchet and Clank: tools of destruction. How I haven't played this game is puzzling. Pretty fun.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I'm one the fence about that one. Only Wolfenstein game I've played is Wolfenstein 3D...

Been playing Ratchet and Clank: tools of destruction. How I haven't played this game is puzzling. Pretty fun.
    I owned the 2009 Activision reboot and this is ten times better by a long shot. Great shooting mechanics (for once), good hit detections and fun throwback and retro FPS feelings. I recommend it. Rental works. I got it for 5 days for $7.46.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Nice, I loved the reboot, so I should love this then! And DOOM beta?!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    See doom.com. I think it's going to be a modernised Doom 2, but it's been going through development hell.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Most of my recent (very limited) gaming time has been devoted to this. My daughter has fallen in love with 'Linky'. I forgot how just how enjoyable this series is- going to have to try Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword next, I think.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I've been playing Tomb Raider 2013 again. I just love this game, the way your combat steadily improves in a way you don't notice until you're a total badass by the end fighting swathes of stormguard, very clever. Combat is an absolute joy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    EDIT nevermind
    Last edited by Thiah; 07-01-2014 at 04:46 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just downloaded Guacamelee! for the Xbox One Games with Gold program. Been waiting to play this for awhile, which is sad as I own a PS3.

I finished Wolfenstein: the New Order 100% to the best of my ability. Got every perk, every letter, every gold item, ever Enigma code and unlock. 48 out of 50 achievements. 900 G.

I'd love to 1000 G the game but as usual, I SUCK with playing FPS Games on the Highest Difficulty. No clue why either. Always have. I fully recommend the game!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaire View Post
    Gone Home: This game has gotten a bit of internet controversy due to some thinking it gets its praise solely from its pro-gay theme. I think that was handled pretty subtly in the game, so its not so much the game's fault for that and more so some reviewers like Polygon for making a big deal out of it. As for the game, its one of those experimental "non-game" games, with no enemies or a life bar. You go around exploring, kind of like Myst.

-Is it good or bad? More so than other games, this is very subjective to the player. Its very much a love it or hate it. I kinda liked it; it ain't perfect, but it was a relaxing change of pace from being an adolescent power fantasy, which the majority of games are. I've got nothing against adolescent power fantasies(I just beat Vanquish), but variety is nice.
    -Will most players like it? I definitely would understand if they didn't. This really isn't for everybody. Like some indie films, this has a very niche appeal, and your regular COD/Battlefield players mostly aren't going to be in that niche.
    -Is there room for stuff like this in the gaming world? Yeah, I think so. With the growth of indie developers in the last couple years, games are becoming more like movies, that have their blockbusters, their smaller independent stuff, and the in-between blends of both. The definition of what a game is will continue to expand, and the audience will get more diverse. Both the studio games and the indies will influence each other to have ideas outside of their respective boxes, and I think thats a good thing.
    I got swept up in Gone Home. no idea what it was going to be, and then could not stop 'playing' (and yes, it is a game, I toyed with plenty of things whilst exploring). I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to be told a nice, simple story at their own pace.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    How is the Dead Rising series? I really want to play them. I expect alot of zomvie killin'. Aww Yiss.

Also I have been playing the Last of Us obsessively and watching the Grounded documentary. Get it on amazon, it's free and it's awesome. Heh.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    How is the Dead Rising series? I really want to play them. I expect alot of zomvie killin'. Aww Yiss.

Also I have been playing the Last of Us obsessively and watching the Grounded documentary. Get it on amazon, it's free and it's awesome. Heh.
    I've played only the first one, which I hated. I hear the second one is pretty good though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I've played only the first one, which I hated. I hear the second one is pretty good though.
    The time is of the essence angle of the games can be a serious bummer but I love the games. The first is good but dated now looking back at it. DR2, DR2 OTR and DR3 do it ten times better. It's worth a shot to play if you like the gameplay premise.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It wasn't really the timer that put me off. It was the gameplay. Didn't like the controls. Dealing with the psychopaths felt unfair. I did play Case Zero, which was much better. So maybe I'll check out the second one.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Bulletstorm was astonishingly mediocre.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    As far as dead rising goes, fuck the time. I usually go through and get the best ending first then go and fuck around when I replay it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Bulletstorm was astonishingly mediocre.
    Why oh why does everyone shit on this game nonstop? I had fun with it. It was a stupid, over the top FPS. I enjoyed it a great deal. The fact the Gears of War 3 beta was packaged with it hurt it further. Sad really.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Story was kinda dumb and juvenile. That was intentional though. Had an absolute blast with it though. Criminally underrated. Damn shame.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Finished Shadow Warrior Classic Redux + Expansions, managed 20/20 achievements on STEAM too.

Returned to playing Hotline Miami which i hadn't touched in a while, I'm at the cop shop part currently after you escape from the hospital (WHICH WAS TRIPPY AS HELL), also played a bit of some Retro City Rampage again since I never got around to finishing that the last time i loaded it up which was probably a year ago or something.

Need to finish System Shock 2 at some point, got to Deck 4.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I started to play once again the first Dungeon Keeper 2 days ago... This game is so great.

Besides that from time to time I play one of these games:
    - Quake 1 (the best multiplayer FPP game ever made)
    - Fallout 1 (yeah, baby!)
    - Fallout 2 (yeah multiplied by yeah, baby!)
    - Diablo 1
    - Megarace 2
    - Half-Life
    - Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
    - Ignition :-D
    - Lords of the Realm II :-)
    - Network Q RAC Rally (do you remember it?)
    - Neverhood
    - Rise of the Triad (this was so awesome times...)
    - Silent Hill 2
    - Worms Armageddon (IMHO the best game of all Worms games)
    - Duke Nukem 3D
    - GTA 1
    - MDK 1
    - Blood 1

Ehhh... I'm going to take a stroll down memory lane...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Finally beat the main story so I am now onto the DLC.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

My first PS4 game as I wait for the new Dragon Age, The Last of Us and Destiny to roll in. I was let down by AC3 but heard nothing but praise for this, and I'm certainly seeing why. This might be the first AC I get 100% on.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post

My first PS4 game as I wait for the new Dragon Age, The Last of Us and Destiny to roll in. I was let down by AC3 but heard nothing but praise for this, and I'm certainly seeing why. This might be the first AC I get 100% on.
    LOL directly after my ACIV post too. Too weird.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    LOL directly after my ACIV post too. Too weird.
    The image in your post wasn't loading for me, had no idea! I started it maybe a week ago and have been in love; I'm not past maybe halfway in the main story but have done nearly every single side activity available and am one upgrade away from having a perfect Jackdaw. It's easy like most AC games but I'm finding it really enjoyably easy, which is rare for me. Defeating the legendary ships with little trouble after running into one near the start of the game and getting destroyed is just wonderful.

I'm running into a problem now though, where in the main story any mission involving sailing with an ally becomes really difficult since my heavy shot and mortars are maxed out, meaning that if the ally gets remotely in range I get desynch'ed because they die.

Oh, and Space, have you played Outlast? I know you're into horror films, no idea if that extends into your gaming. I haven't checked it out yet but have considered grabbing it for the PS4.