Page 45 of 129 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 3846

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Got a Super Nintendo the other day! Mario kart, street fighter, f zero, Mario world, and killer instinct. Good times! Also, I never knew my wife was such a shit talker!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Got a Super Nintendo the other day! Mario kart, street fighter, f zero, Mario world, and killer instinct. Good times! Also, I never knew my wife was such a shit talker!
    do you have a wii?
    you can softmod it and play all the NES, SNES, and Gameboy advance your heart desires.

The mrs and i are currently playing secret of mana.
    SUCH a great two player game because it TRULY forces you to talk to each other to plan strategy and whatnot.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Nah, I don't have a wii. Got into some mario kart this morning, and got the donkey kong trilogy in the mail yesterday!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I fucking love mario kart. I keep trying to explain to my girl that it's not a "racing game" racing game, you know?
    But she says "i don't like racing games" and refuses to try it. @bruised , i am a HUGE fan of emulation.
    Don't get me wrong, i love having physical copies.
    But did you know that you can download a SNES emulator to your computer, buy a cheap controller for $5, and play EVERY SNES game?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Anybody play Rise of the Triad? there's a 2013 remake on GOG and Steam that is pretty damn amazing and fun as hell. Took this funny screenshot.

For those that dug old school 90s FPS like Wolfenstein, Duke Nukem, DooM and Quake you will LOVE this.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 04-13-2014 at 01:11 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I fucking love mario kart. I keep trying to explain to my girl that it's not a "racing game" racing game, you know?
    But she says "i don't like racing games" and refuses to try it. @bruised , i am a HUGE fan of emulation.
    Don't get me wrong, i love having physical copies.
    But did you know that you can download a SNES emulator to your computer, buy a cheap controller for $5, and play EVERY SNES game?
    Yeah, I'm just not into that right now. I have a macbook, and don't want to play games on it. I am having a ton of trouble lately though, with video hookup to an hdtv. I have gone through 2 different av cables, and it is hit and miss on working. And when it does work, it flickers. I've read a lot about how tvs nowadays aren't meant for these old systems, but back when we did have a wii, that hooked up through av as well, and worked fine. Your thoughts on this? Considering hitting up goodwill and buying an old crt...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Personally I think heading down to a charity shop/goodwill and grabbing a CRT is the most authentic and natural solution. You could invest in something like this: http://retrorgb.com/upscalers.html which is a hardware upscaler designed for gaming and retro consoles. Bit pricey though.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Played a bit of Stick of Truth at a friends house yesterday and holy fuck I need to buy it ASAP.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Yeah, I'm just not into that right now. I have a macbook, and don't want to play games on it. I am having a ton of trouble lately though, with video hookup to an hdtv. I have gone through 2 different av cables, and it is hit and miss on working. And when it does work, it flickers. I've read a lot about how tvs nowadays aren't meant for these old systems, but back when we did have a wii, that hooked up through av as well, and worked fine. Your thoughts on this? Considering hitting up goodwill and buying an old crt...
    Wow, i honestly don't know.
    Where is your wii?
    You can softmod it and play every super nintendo game...
    i'll shut up

Edit: BTW me and my girl actually got into a NASTY argument last night about me wanting her to try mario kart, lol.
    like what would be a relationship ending argument for a lot of people (but not us, we're in it to win it. she finally quit hitting me thank god)
    ANYWAY that's fucking nuts, isn't it?
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-14-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    Played a bit of Stick of Truth at a friends house yesterday and holy fuck I need to buy it ASAP.
    I'm in the same boat (minus playing it at a friends house). I want it but don't wanna shell out a lot for it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm in the same boat (minus playing it at a friends house). I want it but don't wanna shell out a lot for it.
    Bought it this afternoon, already sunk 7 hours into it. No regrets.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    picked up fez. its pretty slick.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Getting the Legendary edition of this game. My favorite game ever. CANNOT WAIT. Playing the regular edition for now. Hnnng Dat Skyrim. <3
    Last edited by theburningreptile; 04-15-2014 at 02:35 PM. Reason: bad link, plus added some things.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Also picked up Fez at last today (PS4/Vita cross buy/save works a treat).. first game I've properly sat and played in a month. Full of pixel (or should I say voxel?) joy.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Goat Simulator. Oh my fuck. Too fun.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Fat Matt View Post
    Goat Simulator. Oh my fuck. Too fun.
    @johnbron (10 words)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I want Goat Simulator so fucking bad I hope they make a Mac version soon

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Anybody play Rise of the Triad? there's a 2013 remake on GOG and Steam that is pretty damn amazing and fun as hell. Took this funny screenshot.
    For those that dug old school 90s FPS like Wolfenstein, Duke Nukem, DooM and Quake you will LOVE this.
    I really liked this, as well as Hard Reset from a couple of years ago. Old school, fast-paced FPSs are a rare breed these days, and its nice to see that they pop up again every once in a while. Too many modern FPSs are agonizingly slow. They have to make them favorable for console controllers. Fuck dat.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

YEAH BITCH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So are the 3 Skyrim DLC's worth good? I'll be getting them and wanted to know what you all thought.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    So are the 3 Skyrim DLC's worth good? I'll be getting them and wanted to know what you all thought.
    Dragonborn: Fucking awesome. Definitely the best of the DLCs. Cool missions, cool new powers and abilities and stuff like that. Solstheim is a blast to go exploring through, and it has a very unique and distinctive feeling from the rest of Skyrim.

Dawnguard: I suppose the story and quests are decent enough, depending on how much you like vampire stuff. I'm not particularly into that shit so it was kind of chore for me to get through this sometimes, but I wouldn't say I completely disliked it or anything. I did really like some of the items, like there's a cool ring you get and they add dragonbone weapons, stuff like that. Some of the new locations are really cool.

Hearthfire: Not a particularly substantial DLC, but kind of fun way to spend an afternoon. After I built my houses I didn't really find myself returning to them, just cause they're placed a little out of the way from all the main activity of the game. It's also glitchy as fuck, but that's Bethesda for you. So at the end of the day, I don't really feel like it contributed that much, but it's kind of neat I guess.

My two cents.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    If you're contemplating getting them via the Xbox Live sale do it. For 4.99 they're a steal.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've only played Dawnguard. But, judging from that, i'd say buy them. Definitely a lot of bang for your buck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I must say I'm a little bit hooked on Gradius. Even though I suck at it

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Played android: netrunner for the first time today. Awesome.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    upgraded my PC so i'm digging into the Elder Scrolls Online; loving it so far. it's been years since i actually got into an MMO. This definitely has that Elder Scrolls flavor, and it's nice revisiting some of the places i haven't seen since the first game in the series.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Played android: netrunner for the first time today. Awesome.
    my friends has been slowly introducing me to it.. I was pretty chuffed to win my first game, but I'm pretty sure it was beginners luck...
    maybe were should have a board games thread around these parts...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Dragon Age Origins. As to whether or not I actually finish it, no idea... Just killing time until Watch Dogs.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So, i'm playing Skyrim, I just purchased land and now have a house. I already use up the stuff i got, but want to furnish it and such and add an extra room, for a child. Where would I need to get the supplies? Blacksmiths or what? Thanks. BTW my house is Lakeview Manor, if that helps any.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So, i'm playing Skyrim, I just purchased land and now have a house. I already use up the stuff i got, but want to furnish it and such and add an extra room, for a child. Where would I need to get the supplies? Blacksmiths or what? Thanks. BTW my house is Lakeview Manor, if that helps any.
    You can go to any blacksmith and lumber yard to get the materials you need. Be warned, you need A LOT of gold to buy the items you need and time to burn. You're mostly going to want to buy lumber for the log piles, iron ingots, and iron ore to build your stuff at the work table on the property. Stone quarry ore and clay can be mined on each property a house is bought on.

I own all 3 properties and have built huge mansions on every one of them. I've probably spent well over 25,000 Gold on all of it.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-26-2014 at 06:34 PM. Reason: typo