Page 35 of 129 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 3846

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just finished AC4. Now, I restart Arkham Origins and hope for the best. After this, probably go through my backlog until spring.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    @henryeatscereal @ManBurning @Wretchedest - I've been going back to my Super Nintendo again and well, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time is still highly addictive as fuck. I'm still able to play that shit as if it came out yesterday. High replay value FTW!
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-07-2013 at 08:23 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    @henryeatscereal @ManBurning @Wretchedest - I've been going back to my Super Nintendo again and well, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time is still highly addictive as fuck. I'm still able to play that shit as if it came out yesterday. High replay value FTW!
    The last game i played of the Turltes, was the first X-Box game (based on the 2003) cartoon...

The game is decent and fun, but it lacks that "replay value" you speak of... i mean the game is so easy i finished it the very same day i started to play... still, this game, Turtles in Time and the 3 NES games hold lots of great memories for me... as you guy know i'm more of a "retro" gamer, but i would love to play a new TMNT game on Playstation 3 or the XBOX ONE....

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Man, where were you last weekend!? I threw this party for a friends Birthday, he's an old school gamer, his fav era is the SNES. So we had this Birthday game night for him. There were about 10 people over, and we started off playing some modern games, and as the night went on and the party died down, we busted out the SNES. I put on Turtles in Time, and NOBODY wanted to play with me!! Like, WTF! I would consider it to be one of the best games of all time.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I jever played Turtles in Time! I was a genesis guy so i got those wierd fighting games. I remember one involving a triceratops though... That was great. And of course TMNT 2 for NES. That was actually my introduction to gaming.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

5 Day rental for 3.49. Excellent and fun like I knew it would be, gonna have to buy it soon. Glad I didn't buy it. Ultimate edition with all DLC next Tuesday.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I put on Turtles in Time, and NOBODY wanted to play with me!! Like, WTF! I would consider it to be one of the best games of all time.
    What a kick in the fucking balls. Damn. WTF indeed! Nobody even bothered to try it just for a few minutes? You'd think it would make people hooked in at least 5 to 10 minutes.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Haven't played a TMNT game since the NES days...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I jever played Turtles in Time! I was a genesis guy so i got those wierd fighting games. I remember one involving a triceratops though... That was great. And of course TMNT 2 for NES. That was actually my introduction to gaming.
    Dude, you gotta put down whatever you are doing right now and go find a SNES and a copy of Turtles in Time and play the shit outta that! You'll thank me later.
    I'll forgive you if you want to go the cheap route and download the ROM and an emulator just for the convienece factor that you don't even really need to leave your house to play it. if you plan on playing on an emulator though, make sure you have a decent PC controller, couldn't imagine playing it using a keyboard, ick!

Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Well, whatever you do, stay far, far way from this abomination:

I had the misfortune of playing that game to get 1000 gamerscore... urgh, least it's done and over with now, never have to put that game in again. How Activision aquired the rights to making the turtles games, I will never know. Here I thought Ubisoft did a shit job with the franchaise, but the Activision games make the Ubisoft ones look like a gold mine.

It's real unfortunate, because I really like what they did with bringing the new cartoon back for a new generation. It's really well done. A game could have been very promising if it were done right. Like the styles of Turtels 2 the arcade game, Turtles 3 The Manhattan Project and Turtles 4: Turtles in time. The games just kept getting better between 2-4, even the Hyperstone Heist was awesome, even though it was pretty much just a Turtles in Time clone. But the games that came after that just went downhill and they've never been able to capure that magic again.

And to think they had the nerve of trying to remake Turtles in time, hah! That game didn't need a remake, the only flaw with it is the lack of 4 player co-op. A game that I would have liked to see an HD remake for would have been Turtles 3: The manhattan project. I think that game needs a 16-bit HD remake.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 11-07-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    That first one was relentless.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Hahahaha, I knew exactly what you were talking about. Primal Rage was hard from what I remember and doing special moves was hard as fuck, but worth it. With one character his special is farting.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Actually i was referring to TMNT and some wierd doubke dragon style tmnt fighting games.

Still primal rage was great. Wheres our reboot?

Also king of monsters.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    why the hell is Minecraft a good game? I do not get it...

Some of the things people have built in it are impressive, but I have yet to enjoy actually playing the game

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

Some of the things people have built in it are impressive, but I have yet to enjoy actually playing the game
    not defending it, as I can't say I've ever tried it.. but isn't multiplayer (with friends) supposed to be MUCH better? I've only ever dabbled, built a ladder to heaven then got bored.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

I said the same thing and shit on it for close to a year and a half then I decided to buy it on a whim. My opinion has changed 180 degrees. It's a fun little game to waste some time on and teases with your creativity. It doesn't take any concentration, which lots of the time I like playing games that require little to no thought to do, and can be fun. If you like to create and tinker with building then it's great. Here's some photos I took from my main Minecraft world:

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: What are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    That first one was relentless.
    That first game is NOT for children. I was 4-5 when I had it. Completely clueless. The second one is a different story. Had to have played that countless times.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So, I've been playing Injustice...Jesus Christ how broken is the matchmaking? I'm facing fuckers that are double my rank and have over an 80% win ratio. I have yet to find anyone my rank or skill level to have a fair, fun fight. This is pissing me off and the cliche "lose and practice to get better" is horseshit in this case when I can't even do a fucking move to even begin a fucking juggle combo to even do anything. Between the distance move spammers, 30 hit juggle combo players and the slow matchmaking I might not bother buying this after I beat the story mode and battles in my rental period. Seriously disappointed with the community on this game.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Actually i was referring to TMNT and some wierd doubke dragon style tmnt fighting games.
    This is the game you're thinking of:

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I finally tried playing Fallout New Vegas that my brother had got me as a gift on Steam - now bear in mind I generally only have an hour per evening to play games. So I spend the first hour getting to grips with sorting out all the introduction and the levels of the character attributes, then the next night the quest begins and I have to find a woman who will show me how to fight - but she runs off and I don't follow her quickly enough and just end up wandering the village aimlessly for the whole hour, what a waste of time. Back to Tomb Raider

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I finally tried playing Fallout New Vegas that my brother had got me as a gift on Steam - now bear in mind I generally only have an hour per evening to play games. So I spend the first hour getting to grips with sorting out all the introduction and the levels of the character attributes, then the next night the quest begins and I have to find a woman who will show me how to fight - but she runs off and I don't follow her quickly enough and just end up wandering the village aimlessly for the whole hour, what a waste of time. Back to Tomb Raider
    Just look at a video, walkthrough or map? I'm not afraid of copping out for help. Better than wasting time.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Just look at a video, walkthrough or map? I'm not afraid of copping out for help. Better than wasting time.
    Thanks for that, I'm usually a terrible cheat but don't usually have to resort to it at the training level! I think I'm putting open world roleplaying games in my to do on retirement list (the exception though was Demon's Souls on PS3, somehow I managed to get to the first boss and defeat him, I wonder if console games are just designed to be less time-consuming than PC games)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Might as well celebrate the PS4 release by playing a PS2 game.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Im playing AC 4 on PS4

The graphics are crazy, overwhelming, gorgeous. The story is conpletely bland. I really likeD AC3s steady plot and character development. The combat is fine but i miss having a Tomahawk. The Edward Kenway isnt as compelling as Connor by any stretch. Still the game looks as real as anything.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Im playing AC 4 on PS4

The graphics are crazy, overwhelming, gorgeous. The story is conpletely bland. I really likeD AC3s steady plot and character development. The combat is fine but i miss having a Tomahawk. The Edward Kenway isnt as compelling as Connor by any stretch. Still the game looks as real as anything.
    I'm actually in the opposite boat (though it might be because I'm a sucker for the pirate genre in general). I'm loving AC 4 but found AC 3 to be a slog, and not even just because of the prologue part that went on forever. I find 4's cities to be better, the naval sections to be waaaay better, and the world itself to be cleaner and easier to navigate. The story however, I agree...it's kinda blandish fo sho.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The cities in AC3 seemed like they were copied and pasted with few differences between them. I didn't mind that game as much as some, but AC4 is just all around, the better game. Story can feel disjointed at times, but nothing to ruin anything. And, I might like Edward far more than Connor. Had more depth to him, imo.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Maybe im not far enough in to see it, but he just seems like X character, with no real personality or motivations. Connor was complicated, selfish, very interesting. AC3 slogged with purpose. AC4 starts up much faster but sacrifices my ability to become engaged by it. Maybe this will changemi agree about map logistics though, much improved.

Also the physics kind of suck. Faced with glorious next gen settings the floppy people and glitchiness are so much more annoying.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Beautiful game, i just played it whole the last month (very difficult time for me, oddly the game helped me to get through it...)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

A good excuse to revisit one of the most addictive games I've played in recent years.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Whats supposed to be different in Within? Unknown is so good, ill probably check it out... Is it a whole new campaign?