Page 28 of 129 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I've been playing Catherine since I never finished it and I also have MGS: VR Missions on my Vita so I this should hold me over till Tuesday when I get Shin Megami Tensei IV. When that comes out, I'll definitely be busy for awhile.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    WHY DID IT TAKE ME SO LONG TO START PLAYING HALF LIFE!??! Beat the first one earlier today, now I'm onto HL2 and going through Ravenholm, just got through the graveyard with the crazy and possibly Russian preacher dude. 13 hours in HL1 and so far 4 hour in HL2, my $10 was already well spent. <3 Steam Sales.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    You've never played a Half-Life game in your life until now? :O

Dude don't forget to also check out Opposing Force and Blue Shift, they are different perspectives of the same universe in HL1.

Then of course the "episodes" of HL2

Mind you.... the Episode 2 cliff hanger might ruin your life if Half-Life 3 doesn't decide to come out in the next decade.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 07-14-2013 at 04:30 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I bought the "Complete" pack for $10 the other day, so I have 1, 2, 2.1, 2.2, Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Deathmatch, and Lost Coast

For some reason I was just never interested in the series before, but I saw the whole set 75% off the other day and just bought it on impulse because it was such a good deal. My only regret is I waited so damn long.

I get that the "episodes" are a continuation (aren't they?) of HL2, but what are Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Deathmatch, and Lost Coast all about?
    Last edited by ibanez33; 07-14-2013 at 04:37 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    I bought the "Complete" pack for $10 the other day, so I have 1, 2, 2.1, 2.2, Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Deathmatch, and Lost Coast
    Also check out the free fan made Black Mesa. A source engine version of most of the original game. It's really a labour of love and plays very well.

Opposing Force is also great. My favourite of the expansions.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    Also check out the free fan made Black Mesa. A source engine version of most of the original game. It's really a labour of love and plays very well.

Opposing Force is also great. My favourite of the expansions.
    I looked into Black Mesa a little while ago when they released it a while ago but, being a Mac user, I can't play it. It grabbed my attention to the series though, but after looking at a few gameplay videos of Half Life I really didn't think I'd be able to get through the 1998 graphics. I got used to it pretty quick though, thankfully, and now I'm in love with HL2. I almost want to take my time with it, since it's been a running joke since pretty much forever that Valve will never make Half Life 3, but I'm pretty much addicted to it already. Luckily I go back to work tomorrow, so that should slow down my play time a bit.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

What are you playing?

Opposing force is awesome.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Had to decide between "Mass Effect" and "Dead Space." Ended up going with "Dead Space." Very excited to start it here in a few minutes.

I played a bit of "Dead Island" but hated it. Same with "Alan Wake." Thank God for stores that sell used games, since I can try them out and get my money back if I don't like them, instead of being stuck with them.

Also, I know all these games are old and everyone's way over them by now, but this is what happens when someone who's not much of a gamer borrows his brother's Xbox and has to play catch up. There are quite a few games that I've been really curious about that I'd like to try (most of them are PS3 exclusive, sadly, but there are still some Xbox games I want to catch up on).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Ha! I like this time of year as I get to go back and play some older games. Still working on Dark Souls.. Anor Londo.. geez did it suddenly get harder! Alternating between that and Earthbound.. Earthbound is.. strange.. but once you get a few hours in it really is a charming piece of light RPGing. my character just got homesick and had to phone his mom to feel better. Cute.
    Also played some Battlefield 3 as it was free on PSN+. I've decided most military FPS really aren't my bag.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Final Fantasy VI

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Currently trying to finish "Remember Me." It has its moments, but, so far, it's an average game for me. It probably didn't help that I just finished "The Last of Us" before resuming "Remember Me."

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Clive Barker's Undying. This is actually quite a good game. Colour me surprised.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    Currently trying to finish "Remember Me." It has its moments, but, so far, it's an average game for me. It probably didn't help that I just finished "The Last of Us" before resuming "Remember Me."
    If you had it for Xbox I might ask to take it off your hands when you were done with it but you don't, sadly.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

What are you playing?

Damn alpha centauri is taking over my life. Reached the midgame with the peacekeeper faction, aiming for a diplomatic victory. The two aggressor factions are at war and one has pretty much finished off the other. The greens got wiped out early but resettled on a tiny island. I'm cohabiting with the university which is not a bad relationship. The hive, perhaps the most worrying, are annexed on their own place so may not be a problem until the late game. My base placement is much better this time around than in previous
    Games. Random map, lots of sea. Going to try some supply crawlers next time I fire it up.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    I've been playing Catherine since I never finished it and I also have MGS: VR Missions on my Vita so I this should hold me over till Tuesday when I get Shin Megami Tensei IV. When that comes out, I'll definitely be busy for awhile.
    Got my copy!

I'll say this, the box is pretty big for just a 3DS LTE box. It's about the size of the big tin cases that the ME3 and GoW collectors editions came in.

Figured I'd show a size comparison from the size so you get what I'm talking about.

I'm about to start it up now. I'm so pumped to start this. I've been looking forward to this game by what seems like forever now.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This summer I've been playing/completed these games:

Assassin's Creed 3
    Far Cry 3
    Battlefield 3
    Max Payne 3 (now playing)

Just realized that all of the games are the third of the series

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, turns out Dead Space is MUCH better at night. Who would have thought?

The mapping system is shit and I'm not blown away by the game itself, but it's definitely keeping my interest. The graphics/atmosphere are fantastic. I was locked in a room earlier and saw two or three aliens walking by the window in the hallway and then all of a sudden everything went pitch black and I just knew those fuckers were somewhere in the room with me. But, of course, I had no idea WHERE since all I could see was black and it genuinely made me nervous. Of course, a few seconds later, there they were. Really cool moment.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    So, turns out Dead Space is MUCH better at night. Who would have thought?

The mapping system is shit and I'm not blown away by the game itself, but it's definitely keeping my interest. The graphics/atmosphere are fantastic. I was locked in a room earlier and saw two or three aliens walking by the window in the hallway and then all of a sudden everything went pitch black and I just knew those fuckers were somewhere in the room with me. But, of course, I had no idea WHERE since all I could see was black and it genuinely made me nervous. Of course, a few seconds later, there they were. Really cool moment.
    I assume you mean the part on the main deck where you go to the captain's quarters on the elevator. Chapter 4 I think. If so, was a neat moment.

Dead Space is one of my favorite game franchises. I recommend seeing it through to the end and trying/playing the sequels. They're solid and of the same quality but the first game is and always be untouchable.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Got my copy!

I'll say this, the box is pretty big for just a 3DS LTE box. It's about the size of the big tin cases that the ME3 and GoW collectors editions came in.

Figured I'd show a size comparison from the size so you get what I'm talking about.

I'm about to start it up now. I'm so pumped to start this. I've been looking forward to this game by what seems like forever now.
    Goddamn it, the SMT games + FE: Awakening may just prove too much temptation for me to handle. I'm going to have to get a 3DS, aren't I?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Currently on hour 1,164 of Civilization 5, thank you Brave New World. I think about two hours of that is unmodded play, however.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    Goddamn it, the SMT games + FE: Awakening may just prove too much temptation for me to handle. I'm going to have to get a 3DS, aren't I?

If you get SMTIV and FE, you get $30 for the Nintendeo Eshop.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Finished Mass Effect 2 last night, was not able to save everyone. I suck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Did not expect the game to be as good as it was. Now it's onto The Walking Dead: 400 Days. I also plan on picking up The Last of Us soon.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    If you get SMTIV and FE, you get $30 for the Nintendeo Eshop.

Looks good, but the PAL versions of SMT4 and Soul Hackers aren't coming out until Sept :/ Probably will wait until then.

Hate region locking!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Ouch. Yeah I don't really know why Atlus still region locks cause you guys are always getting the shaft. P4 Arena just came out the other month for PAL and the game has been out for almost a year.
    Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 07-22-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I absolutely despise region locking. You'd think with that whole "free enterprise" thing, that they'd like to turn a profit and make money. It's annoying.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I absolutely despise region locking. You'd think with that whole "free enterprise" thing, that they'd like to turn a profit and make money. It's annoying.
    Yeah. The original DS was region free, which was great because I could just import games I wanted that weren't coming out here (eg: Front Mission). Why they decided to institute region codes again for the 3DS is beyond me. I'd be tempted to buy a US console but I still like buying games from brick-and-mortar stores for the most part. First world problems!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'm still pissed, thanks to region lock, we never got any of the limited edition SMTIV 3DS, which in my opinion are the best looking 3DS'.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just started Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story yesterday. Very funny, slightly weird game so far - a little off-the-wall for a Mario game. But I'm enjoying it.