Page 27 of 127 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Just downloaded the new Tomb Raider and cannot wait to sink my teeth into it. Only 20 bucks with PS Plus!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Just downloaded the new Tomb Raider and cannot wait to sink my teeth into it. Only 20 bucks with PS Plus!

Great game, one of the very few that I took the time to get 100% completion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    When Silent Hill browns my pants too much, I've been playing FEZ to kind of alay the nightmares. What a game, that is. Anyone else played it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Shadow of the Colossus, will you guys hang me if I say that I don't quite get the hype?

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMeowMeow View Post
    Shadow of the Colossus, will you guys hang me if I say that I don't quite get the hype?
    No... it's an unusual and slow paced game, but I'd suggest giving it a chance. How far have you gotten?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have beaten the final boss today

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I just finished "Red Dead Redemption" (the story part, anyway). First game I've played all the way through in 13 years. Feels good.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMeowMeow View Post
    I have beaten the final boss today
    Well, fair enough. This is just not your kind of game.

Can I ask if you played through the game figuring it out on your own without a guide?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There were 2 bosses that I couldn't find without help and I was impatient too figure out how the second last boss worked... but aside from that I tried it on my own.

I don't think its a bad game or something, but I heard so much high praise before I played it...maybe my expectations were a bit too high.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I personally loved SotC, but I can see why its not for everyone. It can be quite obtuse with the objectives. I loved how the end tied it to the Ico universe too.
    While I loved Journey, I remember before it launched it really felt like it would be similar to the quiet moments of SotC.. I'd love to see something that blends the huge landscape of SotC with the feelings Journey conjured...

just paired an old sixaxis to the Ouya. Instantly better. The Ouya's controller really needs work. The Sixaxis works a treat on the SNES and GBA emulators. Back to Earthbound later then..

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    yeah, and I can completely understand why someone wouldn't like Shadow of the Colossus. If you played the game through and it just didn't do anything for you, that's a reasonable thing. I think it's great, but I can understand how it's not for everyone.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I just downloaded some free to play fighting game off the PSN called Spartacus, and it is the worst game I've ever played.

I would say "you get what you pay for" but the free to play Tekken game is pretty great. So, I'm deleting this crap. It's amazing how awful and flat out broken this is.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I just downloaded some free to play fighting game off the PSN called Spartacus, and it is the worst game I've ever played.

I would say "you get what you pay for" but the free to play Tekken game is pretty great. So, I'm deleting this crap. It's amazing how awful and flat out broken this is.
    Ha! Thanks for the warning. I was about to download that game the other night and I changed my mind. On the other hand, how is that Tekken? I always pass by it and am always intrigued to try it out.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

This was also free on Xbox Live Marketplace and I almost, almost downloaded it but heard the game is rather lackluster and has NO PRIVATE LOBBIES FOR MULTIPLAYER! Why even bother? I wouldn't want to even attempt this game with dickwads on Live.

Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Ha! Thanks for the warning. I was about to download that game the other night and I changed my mind. On the other hand, how is that Tekken? I always pass by it and am always intrigued to try it out.
    It looks like Tekken Tag Tournament 2 minus the Tag gimmick. I own TTT2 so if it's even half as good as that then I recommend it. I'm gonna have to download this!
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 07-02-2013 at 08:04 AM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I looks like Tekken Tag Tournament 2 minus the Tag gimmick.
    It's a lot less than that... TTT2 is actually an incredible game, and I'd say that tagging is NOT a gimmick. The game is perfectly balanced, and maybe the best fighter I've played.

Still, the new free Tekken game? If you haven't downloaded it and played it, come on, why not? IT'S FREE.
    If you don't at least get a few hours of enjoyment out of this thing that costs you nothing, then some part of you is resistant to fun.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    It's a lot less than that... TTT2 is actually an incredible game, and I'd say that tagging is NOT a gimmick. The game is perfectly balanced, and maybe the best fighter I've played.

Still, the new free Tekken game? If you haven't downloaded it and played it, come on, why not? IT'S FREE.
    If you don't at least get a few hours of enjoyment out of this thing that costs you nothing, then some part of you is resistant to fun.
    I didn't mean gimmick in a bad way. I just didn't know how to state the tag factor was a part of it. TTT2 is my favorite fighting game from this entire generation and this series has always been my favorite, go to fighting game. I downloaded this last night. It plays and is exactly like TTT2 so I'm happy. That game is the best balanced, lag free fighting game ever.

Too bad Tekken Revolution online can't be said the same. Every shitbag I've fought spams one move over and over in a bad way. Since for some godforsaken reason they excluded Nina Williams (my main), I play as Kazuya. I kicked this one guy playing as Lili's ass hard the first round then he started to do the hard to block cartwheel triple kick move. The entire goddamn round, both times after the first.

I guess since this game is free there's gonna be a lot of non-fighting game fans playing this and to be frank they suck. It's different usually since you have to pay money for the game and hopefully (and usually) they are semi-decently skilled almost all the time. Meh. Small gripes.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 07-02-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Picked up The Last of Us and loving it. It will definitely hold me over till next week when I pick up the MGS Legacy Collection. Then the week after that I get to pick up SMTIV. Going to be a good couple of weeks.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Final Fantasy XIV beta on PS3. Not bad, but it doesn't feel right for console.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bought a PS3; first game I play on it? Metal Gear Solid 1.

I don't think I'm doing it right.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darktemplar007 View Post
    Bought a PS3; first game I play on it? Metal Gear Solid 1.

I don't think I'm doing it right.
    MGS1 is the best! I think you are doing it right.

Speaking of Metal Gear. I went out and bought Metal Gear Rising. Beat it in 8 hours.

Honestly, the only reason I wanted this game was for the Gray Fox skin and the Fox blade since Gray Fox is my favorite character out of the MGS series. The game wasn't bad, it was a little short, but I didn't expect a long game out of a hack n' slash.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just finished Last of Us, loved it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Left 4 Dead 2... with a few mods

Not shown:
    Storm Trooper zombies
    Randy Savage tanks
    Slenderman smokers
    fabulous particle effects
    and half a dozen or so hilarious sounds effects.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 07-09-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Playing tons of Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. My mom and sibling got this for my birthday and it was a fantastic choice. It's a beautiful game.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Just bought the Half Life: Complete bundle on Steam, I've never played anything in that series but I figured 10 games for $10 is too good of a deal to pass up, even if I only enjoy 1 or 2 of them I'd consider it a win. Half Life 1 is only like 250mb, too, so I can actually play an hour or 2 before I go to bed. *edit* holy shit it's already installed and HL2 is almost done. I love old games.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 07-11-2013 at 02:56 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

What are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    Just bought the Half Life: Complete bundle on Steam, I've never played anything in that series but I figured 10 games for $10 is too good of a deal to pass up, even if I only enjoy 1 or 2 of them I'd consider it a win. Half Life 1 is only like 250mb, too, so I can actually play an hour or 2 before I go to bed. *edit* holy shit it's already installed and HL2 is almost done. I love old games.
    You are in for a treat...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    You are in for a treat...
    Loving it so far. Stuck at "On a Rail" though because my health was incredibly low when I started and there is pretty much NOTHING around for first aid, the military guys keep kicking my ass before I even see where they are.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I finished up Alan Wake's bonus DLC episodes, then i played a bit of Hotline Miami.. got to level 9 or something i think... and then i downloaded/installed id's RAGE since i bought that last weekend for like $5 or something and have just got to it now.

Hehe love the DOOM marine bobble head in John Goodman's dune buggy.

One thing I'm curious about though in regards to RAGE, with the PC version are the textures really this crappy? http://t.co/VNK2u2qx1Q or is it just me/my machine?

Everything else seems to run pretty smooth. Everything maxed out except for vsync and antialiasing.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 07-12-2013 at 02:37 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I've been playing Catherine since I never finished it and I also have MGS: VR Missions on my Vita so I this should hold me over till Tuesday when I get Shin Megami Tensei IV. When that comes out, I'll definitely be busy for awhile.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    I've been playing Catherine since I never finished it and I also have MGS: VR Missions on my Vita so I this should hold me over till Tuesday when I get Shin Megami Tensei IV. When that comes out, I'll definitely be busy for awhile.
    Got my copy!

I'll say this, the box is pretty big for just a 3DS LTE box. It's about the size of the big tin cases that the ME3 and GoW collectors editions came in.

Figured I'd show a size comparison from the size so you get what I'm talking about.

I'm about to start it up now. I'm so pumped to start this. I've been looking forward to this game by what seems like forever now.