Page 13 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Bfg= big fucking gun. I think
    When I bought it at Gamestop I asked the worker if he had the Big Friendly Giant Edition.

Piko: That reviewer is false. It has DOOM, DOOM II, DOOM 3, DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil and DOOM 3: Lost Mission.

So 5 games really. Such a deal.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-17-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Tempted to get it since I've never really played any of the Doom games.
    I recently bought and played through the XBLA versions of 1 and 2 and absolutely loved them. I'd never experienced them before and was surprised how well the games hold up today. Better than pretty much every modern shooter I've played save the BioShock games (which are very similar in terms of atmosphere and open, explorable levels). I've heard that #3 is quite different in terms of gameplay, but I'll probably still pick this up eventually.
    Last edited by xmd 5a; 10-17-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Doom3 is best played in complete darkness with headphones or a good set of speakers. I can vouch for that based on the PC experience.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Played and won my first online match as Skarlet. I heard the guy I was against cussing after I won on his mic. So funny.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    You were on 360 when I was about 10 hours ago. Tell me you saw the sun today...at least once lol.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    You were on 360 when I was about 10 hours ago. Tell me you saw the sun today...at least once lol.
    Yeah, I did. Today was my birthday. I went out and did some things with friends and family. I'm getting my fill. When school begins in January I won't have the time.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well shit son, happy birthday! (why aren't you out with friends and/or drinking?)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Well shit son, happy birthday! (why aren't you out with friends and/or drinking?)
    No good bars or the like here. I had a whole afternoon with my closest friend I've known for over 7 years today for a few hours. I caught up with him. Been ages since we hung.

Thanks! Big 22...oh boy.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

Played and won my first online match as Skarlet. I heard the guy I was against cussing after I won on his mic. So funny.

playing with augmented reality on trips me out, could be the weed though.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I beat Persona 3: FES - The Answer the other day. I just started Persona 2: Innocent Sin a few hours ago. So far, it's not bad, it's completely different from the style of P3 and P4. That's for sure. It's not bad, it's just old school JRPG style and I'm used to the style of P3 and P4.

After I beat this, I want to start Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, but I don't think I'll have time because Persona 4: The Golden comes out on the PS Vita next month and I already have that paid off and I want to play P4 again really bad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    When I get time:

My first time playing. I am absolutely blown away. This might possibly be the greatest game I have ever played *bites knuckles*

I can't even believe I thought Skyrim was remotely good. What a load of absolute shite, I'm embarrassed for myself. Dark Souls is a fucking masterpiece.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Reallly thinking about getting the Doom 3 pack. I forgot how much I love those games and fuck it has been so long. And for 40 bucks? What a grab.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Been playing The Saboteur on PC, snagged it off of Origin for free during an exploit that was going on with one of their promo codes lol

Surprisingly cool and fun game that i don't know why i never got around to playing until now, love the WW2 1940s setting in Nazi Occupied Paris and the color palette is gorgeous, really love the Schindler's List/Sin City-esque Black and White with hints of color thing in the "danger zones". Some things are a bit muddy in the animations and controls and there are some glitches but overall it's easy to overlook and just enjoy the game, kill some Nazi scum!

Also as a huge fan of The Boondock Saints i find that i have a thing for Irish bad asses and that's just what the character in this game is, even if the accents are faked.

Definitely having fun with this game!
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 10-20-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Always debated about that one. Should it be worth getting? ^

Today:

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Always debated about that one. Should it be worth getting? ^
    If those kind of things tickle your interests I'd say for sure, It's probably only like $10 used and $15-$20 new these days i think.. i would have definitely paid for it had i known how awesome this was, might pick up a physical copy down the road. It's like a mashup of Mercenaries and Infamous with certain Assassin's Creed or Hitman style stealth elements, you can like put on disguises and if you alert the Nazis there are things similar to jumping in bales of hay and stuff like that. Vehicles in the game from the 40's so very L.A. Noire-esque. Some wicked era music, Nina Simone and some french tunes.

I'm really having a blast with it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    If those kind of things tickle your interests I'd say for sure, It's probably only like $10 used and $15-$20 new these days i think.. i would have definitely paid for it had i known how awesome this was, might pick up a physical copy down the road. It's like a mashup of Mercenaries and Infamous with certain Assassin's Creed or Hitman style stealth elements, you can like put on disguises and if you alert the Nazis there are things similar to jumping in bales of hay and stuff like that. Vehicles in the game from the 40's so very L.A. Noire-esque. Some wicked era music, Nina Simone and some french tunes.

I'm really having a blast with it.
    Its easily one of my top favorites of this gen. So much that I made a petition for a sequel (which failed...).

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Ok, I went and bought the Doom 3 BFG pack. Just beat Doom and I forgot that there is not really an ending?? Once you go on the platform and enter that dark ass room with every enemy in it.. do you just die all the time? I know there is Shores of Hell and Inferno but is that completely separate from this game? I need to brush up on my Doom intellect

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

And it is AMAZING.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Ok, I went and bought the Doom 3 BFG pack. Just beat Doom and I forgot that there is not really an ending?? Once you go on the platform and enter that dark ass room with every enemy in it.. do you just die all the time? I know there is Shores of Hell and Inferno but is that completely separate from this game? I need to brush up on my Doom intellect
    Yes, that is supposed to happen (even happens if you put in IDDQD - I think - for an infinite life cheat) then you end up going through hell. What platform are you on? I just bought the PS3 Doom BFG edition and I'm worried I won't be able to cheat!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Hmm, so I just finished Assassin's Creed on my PC for the first time after giving up on it in the past since it becomes so repetitive. I haven't bothered to check out the other games due to this, but now I'm thinking about playing my way through all of them and getting part III for the holidays since trailers and footage made it seem soo much better than the first one. Are the games getting better or is it the same old stuff over and over?

My major gripes were:

- kill moves stayed the same throughout the game
    - way too long dialogues between you and your target after the kill (it became boring after the first 4 victims)
    - shitty controls when outisde the Animus (I hated the environment at the lab the most and espcially talking to the doctor and his assistant)
    - same tasks over and over to complete your investigation

If some of these points were fixed than I'm in. If not, I'll probably lay AC to rest. Thanks for any opinions on this!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimA View Post
    When I get time:

My first time playing. I am absolutely blown away. This might possibly be the greatest game I have ever played *bites knuckles*

I can't even believe I thought Skyrim was remotely good. What a load of absolute shite, I'm embarrassed for myself. Dark Souls is a fucking masterpiece.
    I love Skyrim, and I love Dark Souls. How far along are you? I'm at the Crystal Caves right now. It's probably the most intense game I've ever played.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    AC2 was waaay better than AC1. I never finished AC1 because I got bored.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I had to force myself to finish AC1. I enjoyed the story, so it wasn't a complete loss.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Played some Modern Warfare 3 online last night after not playing it in months. Holy shit was I rusty, got my ass handed to me every single game.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    When I get time:

I'm back on this too.. Like Demon's Souls it kinda sits on the shelf for a few months, but then one day it's all I want to play.. that said I've only put in about 15 hours and I've only just beaten the giant butterfly/moth in the Darkroot Garden and rung the first bell.. it is not an easy game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    When I get time:

<<Dark Souls>>

Really? I saw someone playing it, and I thought it looked like a really shitty PS1 game. :-/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exilajei View Post
    And it is AMAZING.
    adrenaline-acid trip into the heart of unmotivated violence with ultra post-modern bias and one of the year`s best soundtracks

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    been playing this puzzle game with a kinda halloweeny vibe for the Vita called Dokuro. It's like a mashup of Limbo and Ico, with an Edward Gorey influenced art style.

So far my biggest complaint is the stupid touch screen mechanics, and the really unbalanced difficulty. Some of the puzzle rooms have really intense and complicated solutions, and then the next five or so will be completely moronic and overly simple. Still, it's surprisingly long, and I really like the art design... even if after a while it gets kind of repetitive.

I wanna pick Dark Souls back up again soon, but I feel like it's going to be a pain in the ass to figure it all out again, and remember where I'm was trying to go. That is one ridiculously difficult game too...
    Last edited by Jinsai; 10-27-2012 at 03:06 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sweet Zombie Jesus, Arkham Asylum is amazing.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Just wait till you play arkham city.