Page 125 of 129 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 3844

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was carefully spacing my funds so I could buy one in the Q422 window that I was given so when I got the email in Q2 I was a little strapped for cash and couldn't swing it. I decided to wait for the first revision.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

if you've played any Tunic and thought "holy shit how am I supposed to figure some of these puzzles out" then this might help understand how lunatic they are.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Finished Republique and now playing Rustler!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Just finished a 3v3 Heroes of Might and Magic 3 session. It's still awesome over 20 years later, yup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    RimWorld.

https://rimworldgame.com/

It's probably the best game that I've ever played over decades of gaming. It's also, without doubt, one of the darkest games I've ever played. Do NOT be fooled by the graphics.

I don't recommend games lightly - the dev, Tynan Sylvester, is a bonafide genius.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Finally sat down, two years later, and finished Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. Fantastic. Now doing all sidequests and fetching. Will play the expansion too.

WAS excited for The Callisto Protocol for Series X but it's $70 so fuck that. TO wait for a sale.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Finished Blasphemous. I didn't understand a lick of it but the artwork, music, and gameplay were cool!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I got to the end of Blasphemous and started one of the DLC things and realized...I'm not playing that game a second time. Especially with a ridiculous requirement that is one of 3 which means three more times. So I read some lore, thought about how weird the whole thing was, and uninstalled it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Finally getting around to Horizon II: Forbidden West, and while the visuals are impressive, unfortunately the game is more of the same from the previous installment that I absolutely loved. I am still really enjoying the world and cutting down huge dinos, but after about 2 hours or so, I'm burned out and lose interest very quickly. I'll still wind up platting it, but wish it was developed purely for the PS5.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    toggling back and forth between Streets of Rage IV and Final Fantasy 14. Tons of stuff to pick from what I'm gonna play next though. I've got Like a Dragon, Nioh 2, Horizon pt 1, Last of Us for PS5 (still never finished it in any iteration), Ghost of Tsushima, Elden Ring... I wanted to pick up God of War Ragnarok, but I've got so much other stuff to actually get through that I've already bought, I can't justify spending 70 bucks on God of War, no matter how much I wanna play it.

Though I'm also really liking the Atari 50th Anniversary collection. It's more than just another game compilation. It's got over a hundred retro Atari titles on it, along with this collection of videos and interviews and collectible stuff

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I got to the end of Blasphemous and started one of the DLC things and realized...I'm not playing that game a second time. Especially with a ridiculous requirement that is one of 3 which means three more times. So I read some lore, thought about how weird the whole thing was, and uninstalled it.
    Smart move. I'm too old to do that as well.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Finally getting around to Horizon II: Forbidden West, and while the visuals are impressive, unfortunately the game is more of the same from the previous installment that I absolutely loved. I am still really enjoying the world and cutting down huge dinos, but after about 2 hours or so, I'm burned out and lose interest very quickly. I'll still wind up platting it, but wish it was developed purely for the PS5.
    I played this right after Elden Ring and it was a huge mistake. I was bored very quickly, and I did not care about the world at all. It was really disappointing since I loved Horizon 1 so much. Also, the amount of dialog was ridiculous, but maybe that was because I was coming from ER which barely had any.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I played this right after Elden Ring and it was a huge mistake. I was bored very quickly, and I did not care about the world at all. It was really disappointing since I loved Horizon 1 so much. Also, the amount of dialog was ridiculous, but maybe that was because I was coming from ER which barely had any.
    I played Crash Bandicoot 4 right after Elden Ring, and DAMN, it took a long time to adjust to it.

And you're not wrong about the dialog. I do appreciate the added options, and the NPC's movements are some of the better ones ever released to date, but I wish it held more weight, like certain decisions affecting future happenings in the game.

One problem Horizon 1 had in my opinion was the huge, lush world felt completely empty, and this also suffers. The back and fourth with Sylens starts to become a bickering contest, and you are reminded over and over again how stupid you are compared to him. Also, reading that HADES, this incredibly smart, world ending AI is able to be tortured (LUL) by Sylens showing it bunny rabbits and grassy fields. The writing is absolutely awful at times.

It is just more of the same, and I wish they brought some new stuff to the table. Still enjoyable when you wanna just turn your brain off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai
    I wanted to pick up God of War Ragnarok, but I've got so much other stuff to actually get through that I've already bought, I can't justify spending 70 bucks on God of War, no matter how much I wanna play it.
    I was on the screen to buy it and I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on it, or even any other game for that matter. I usually just wait a few months until deals pop up. I have so many games in my backlog I have been getting to, I don't mind waiting.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    @Self.Destructive.Pattern yeah, if it was an online thing that would be different, but it's single player, which means at the very least physical copies will become easy to find for cheap soon enough, and I can wait. I already have other stuff I want to dive into just as much that I've already bought.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I bought Last Of Us Part 1 (PS5) from Gamefly for 35 bucks, so I'm going to try to play that over Christmas time before the show comes on in mid-January.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    If you are planning on playing The Callisto Protocol, play it on PS5. It is currently the best and most consistent way to play atm.

Xbox version is reported to have performance issues, and the PC version is almost unplayable for many. Wait on patches if you don't own a PS5. A streamer I follow was playing it last night and crashed on him so many times, he gave up.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Started playing this today... it's fun. Sucks time nicely.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    FF Tactics down. Onto 2-player FF IV with a friend and Onimusha Tactics for myself. I had no idea about the latter game until 2-3 days ago.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    played and beat callisto protocol twice now and I can recommend the game. the first negative responses to the game have now has been fixed.

pro-

-its extremely similar to dead space. no more needed to be said
    -the graphics absurdly good
    -gameplay feels very ' video gamey" and once you get use to it you will love it. the enemies will surround you but once you figure out the battle machinic its really good

cons-
    -length of play isn't great for the cost- game is around 10 hours long
    - Can't skip the cutscenes- it's really annoying the second play through
    - No new game plus

8/10
    Last edited by Rdm; 12-23-2022 at 02:41 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Picked up Persona 5 Royal on Gamepass, fantastic after the first hour.

Looking forward to callisto protocol on Xbox Series X once it isn't shitty.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Finished a couple of games last week.

Firewatch - fun little walking simulator. The story was good up until the end, kind of drops the ball there. I did get hit with the infinite loading screen bug that corrupts your save file. But the game is only 6 hours long, tops, so it didn't take long to rush back to where I was.

Deliver Us The Moon - really enjoyed this one and I'm doing a second playthrough now. Nice mix of exploration and puzzles and the atmosphere is great. You get most of the story from collectibles(audio logs and holograms), but the important ones are almost impossible to miss. The story is really good, sequel Deliver Us Mars is out next month.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Firewatch - fun little walking simulator. The story was good up until the end, kind of drops the ball there. I did get hit with the infinite loading screen bug that corrupts your save file. But the game is only 6 hours long, tops, so it didn't take long to rush back to where I was.
    I adore Firewatch, but damn, that ending really pissed me off after doing all that work lolol. Very well made, however.

I've been playing Babylons Fall since I actually got it for free from gamestop when they were literally throwing them out for it being discontinued, with Square Enix taking the game offline next month for good. A shame, because even though the game is garbage, it still feels good to smash things, with a deeper system than people think.

But damn, once you get past half the story, bosses start to repeat, with lazy level designs, some that are literally reversed just to save time on development. The entire story about the game is actually quite interesting.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finally putting some decent time into LEGO City Undercover on the Switch. I like it. Fairly mellow open world with a nice story.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Been putting some work into Vampire Survivors and finally made it to 31 minutes. accidentally got an OP run and made it work.

Some of the characters are terrible to play with though. I mean, a cat? that turns into giant eyeballs if you get it to the evolution level?

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    i finally got around to playing some of God of War Ragnarok, and I'm not far in, but it's crazy cinematic. The part with the wolf was genuinely sad and made me tear up a little bit.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I've been playing Resident Evil 6 through the PS Plus streaming, and I am having a blast with it.

I never played this game, and it is considered the worst in the franchise...but I have to disagree on this one lol.

It is so over-the-top, with action set pieces that would make a Michael Bay film look like amateur hour, you cannot help but laugh and have a good time with it. Exploding helicopters, defying physics... The most impenetrable plot armor for our main characters that I have ever seen, a ridiculous story that intersects with the other characters points of views, Mercenaries mode; it really has it all. And for a game that came out in 2012, it looks very good and is cinematic as fuck.

I guess I enjoy the storyline of the characters I grew up with more. I did enjoy 7 for what it was, I absolutely loathe Village. The plot for both being so stupid, and painfully obvious what Ethan really was. I figured out what was going on the minute you heal yourself for the first time.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 02-24-2023 at 11:12 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Been playing Persona 5 Royal, finishing up Breath of the Wild, and went back to Hades and am trying out new weapons and aspects.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I finished playing Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 for the umpteenth time, gonna have to load up Mysteries of the Sith next.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I was just playing Final Fantasy 14, and there's a Fate (like a side mission battle) called "Nine Ilm Snails" and I thought that was cute.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Played through Returnal again on PC, the graphical improvements are pretty nice.

Tried Wo Long on Gamepass. I can't get into it. I bounced hard of Nioh 2 and this is fairly similar, but somehow this has even more of an incoherent story lol