Page 120 of 129 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,600 of 3844

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    I read about it being a rather frustrating experience playing the main game. So I figured shitting my pants for two hours at a time rather than 20 has to be enough.
    Hmm... I found it to be exhilarating. It did drag a bit at the end, but you will more than satisfied if you stick with it.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I've been enjoying Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection and Capcom Arcade Stadium since they both finally made it to Steam. I'm not sure of the stigma attached to these titles since they were seemingly released on Switch first, but they both play excellent on PC.
    It's really just because PC gamers are an entitled vocal minority that doesn't appreciate when stuff is actually released on the platform that funded its creation before they pirate it and then ruin all online discussion about anything related to anything

As soon as a game is ported to PC, the discussion changes from "wow, this is really a magical experience isn't it, with some really adorable plot moments that really work in amazing ways...." and it turns into "yeah noob but you're playing it on a shitbox with shitty FPS and if it weren't for you console dicks we'd have this thing rocking with all the good graphics... slurp... burp... fart... have you seen that the guys who made it admitted the mod made by some dude in Oklahoma makes the game better than their official release? Jesus, and you expect me to pay for this shit? I bet the only reason it's taking them so long to update this game is because they employ women."

And really, I don't get why that happens.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-02-2021 at 11:25 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    It's really just because PC gamers are an entitled vocal minority that doesn't appreciate when stuff is actually released on the platform that funded its creation before they pirate it and then ruin all online discussion about anything related to anything

As soon as a game is ported to PC, the discussion changes from "wow, this is really a magical experience isn't it, with some really adorable plot moments that really work in amazing ways...." and it turns into "yeah noob but you're playing it on a shitbox with shitty FPS and if it weren't for you console dicks we'd have this thing rocking with all the good graphics... slurp... burp... fart... have you seen that the guys who made it admitted the mod made by some dude in Oklahoma makes the game better than their official release? Jesus, and you expect me to pay for this shit? I bet the only reason it's taking them so long to update this game is because they employ women."

And really, I don't get why that happens.
    I was just talking about some retro games, not Cyberpunk 2077. You're being the thing you hate.

My computer is from 2014 and can't even run World of Warcraft at 1080p, since it seems to matter to you.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I was just talking about some retro games, not Cyberpunk 2077. You're being the thing you hate.

My computer is from 2014 and can't even run World of Warcraft at 1080p, since it seems to matter to you.
    no, I’m not being the thing I hate here, trust me, though re-reading what I said I get how my rant could come across that way, and it wasn’t my intent. I actually feel like I convoluted some irritation from another, completely unrelated discussion into my response, and if it sounded like that I apologize
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-03-2021 at 10:43 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

So fucking hard but so fun.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Finally finished Persona 5 Strikers, i really REALLY enjoyed this game! Not nearly as much as i enjoyed Sophia though, what an absolute delight of a character! Moved now onto Persona 4 Golden.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

So fucking hard but so fun.

yeah it’s fantastic. The only thing I wish they did was the double jump function they had in super Ghouls and Goblins.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I get so nostalgic for some of those Ghosts 'n Goblins classic enemy designs. The aesthetic in that series has always been incredible. I especially love the floating suits of armor with the shields. It kinda reminds me of the Haunted Mansion from Disneyland, but with a comic book twist.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Finished Death's Door over the weekend, I absolutely loved it.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Blue Wish Desire (Trial ver0.80)

ver0.70 added Stage 5 and ver0.80 added Fullscreen support, though there's still only one difficulty selectable.

x.x Game Room Twitter

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, I finished Resident Evil 7 a few weeks ago (super fun, can't wait to play Village) and I was itching for something else. I had played a bit of Fallout: New Vegas many years ago and didn't like it, so I kind of wrote off the Fallout franchise. But I have friends who swear by it and Fallout 4 was on sale for $10 on the Playstation store so I was like eh, what the hell. And holy crap, I am in LOVE with this game. Like. I was hoping I would at least somewhat enjoy it, I was not expecting to be completely blown away by it. There is SO MUCH to do and unlike other RPGs I've played, I actually ENJOY all the side quests. In fact, I'm 20 hours in and I would say maybe four or five hours of it has been the main story, everything else has been just side quest after side quest. I don't even know when I'm getting back to the main story, right now I'm having too much fun doing everything else. Why did I sleep on this game for so long??

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Nier Replicant. Yoko Taro is the Hideaki Anno of the video game industry. Holy hell are his games soul crushing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Universally panned, but Madden 22. Last one I bought was 19. Not bad just for exhibition games and a quick franchise season. Definitely not worth 70 bucks (PS5) though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by artdeco View Post
    Universally panned, but Madden 22. Last one I bought was 19. Not bad just for exhibition games and a quick franchise season. Definitely not worth 70 bucks (PS5) though.
    Angry Joe's rant review of this pathetic, low effort travesty of a game is hilarious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by punk View Post
    Holy shit, guys. Doom Eternal.

It made me remember how to play Doom. Push forward. Slay demons.

Other shooters aren’t like Doom. Other shooters, at least the comparatively few I’ve played, you most times die if you play it like that; being “aggressive”, or let’s say, “proactive”.

But, damn, Doom Eternal makes that fun.

Nice job, everybody at id.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I got stuck somewhere there (almost a year ago) and never played again! Good reminder... In my opinion the 2016's reboot is one of the best games I have ever played in my entire life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I got the reboot not too long before eternal came out and played it a little, but eternal really drew me in. It was just a little more polished, and I found I enjoyed it just a little bit more.

I know it’s a sequel, but I don’t feel lost by not knowing the previous story. In fact, the story’s pretty solid even without knowing the first game.

Chances are good I’ll go back and try to finish the first one.

But there are so damn many good games. Hard to really get into one before another good one comes along.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I had a great time playing through the new Deltarune chapter last night. I continue to admire how Toby Fox can still be the funniest motherfucker (just about every piece of The Queen's dialogue), and simultaneously deliver a horrifying storyline about manipulating/being manipulated by the people around you (the "bad" route... mostly).
    Last edited by Endlessly; 09-19-2021 at 07:02 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Played some Switch Smash Bros. last night. I haven't played in years, but how to play, etc. all flooded back in with 2-3 fights. Sonic is unreal. He's a tough bastard to catch, let alone hit.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Actraiser Renaissance on the Switch. Switch Lite if I'm being pedantic. It's great, though the instructions/controls leave a lot to be desired at first and the tower defense was just 'throw my hands in the air because I won and have no clue" for the same reasons. Building bases is easy enough but then level 2? turns out it's an extra button press and not a menu item so I had no clue how to do that.

But the base game is great. The additions are alright, nothing that makes the game terrible, and the new attacks are pretty fun. it's not Devil May Cry but it's still pretty good.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Finally got around to playing Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart with a very good monitor and Holy hell... I see why it was so hyped. The visuals are outstanding, so so much to look at you get lost sometimes, and the gameplay mixed with the 3D audio and dualsense features just amps the experience. I'm playing on the hardest difficulty and it definitely is a challenge here and there. Very satisfied with this so far.

Angry Joe's rant review of this pathetic, low effort travesty of a game is hilarious.

I fucking love his Madden videos. The ones in the past where he would edit in the nuclear explosion when he realized they used AGAIN the same faces in character creator... I love these guys.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 10-04-2021 at 10:07 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I've been playing Blasphemous and it's...it's fucking weird. It's a fun enough Metroidvania but also it's so fucking weird, man. You want weird religious iconography and then have it be perverted through...I don't even know what's doing it yet but it's all so weird. I mean the very first enemy you kill, you walk up to one of their grievous wounds and fill your hat up with it and then put that on your head.

I'm playing on normal and it's pretty hard so I have no urge to move that dial up.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I've been playing Blasphemous and it's...it's fucking weird. It's a fun enough Metroidvania but also it's so fucking weird, man. You want weird religious iconography and then have it be perverted through...I don't even know what's doing it yet but it's all so weird. I mean the very first enemy you kill, you walk up to one of their grievous wounds and fill your hat up with it and then put that on your head.

I'm playing on normal and it's pretty hard so I have no urge to move that dial up.
    Move the dial up, I adore this game! Had a convo with Jinsai about it I believe I few months ago. The art direction, the bosses, I was very surprised it wasn't spoken about enough.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, on my Anbernic RG351P.

It's got a lot of great callbacks to the original, along with some nice parallax and multilevel dungeon design.

Best of all, of course: I never had a GBA, so it's NEW, to me at least.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I fucking love his Madden videos. The ones in the past where he would edit in the nuclear explosion when he realized they used AGAIN the same faces in character creator... I love these guys.
    I hate football, the NFL and the Madden games but ALWAYS watch his reviews/rants on them. These games are so low effort, boring and obsessed with micro transactions that I don't know why anyone even bothers buying them. It truly baffles me. Same with Call of Duty.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I hate football, the NFL and the Madden games but ALWAYS watch his reviews/rants on them. These games are so low effort, boring and obsessed with micro transactions that I don't know why anyone even bothers buying them. It truly baffles me. Same with Call of Duty.
    Sports games unfortunately have a very large audience and a monopoly on all games of their type. EA holds most of the licences for NFL/MADDEN/FIFA and alot of sports fans ONLY play these games (i even know a few!) it doesn't matter how bad or morally bankrupt they are, they are the only game in town so sports fans will get them ever year. Hell me and my friend rip into FIFA every year and yet we STILL BUY THEM EVERY YEAR because it's the only football game we can play together. Only reason we don't yet have FIFA 22 is we're both waiting to get PS5's.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post
    Sports games unfortunately have a very large audience and a monopoly on all games of their type. EA holds most of the licences for NFL/MADDEN/FIFA and alot of sports fans ONLY play these games (i even know a few!) it doesn't matter how bad or morally bankrupt they are, they are the only game in town so sports fans will get them ever year. Hell me and my friend rip into FIFA every year and yet we STILL BUY THEM EVERY YEAR because it's the only football game we can play together. Only reason we don't yet have FIFA 22 is we're both waiting to get PS5's.
    Thats the reason and excuse everyone always gives for buying this trash. Still though, you buy and play FIFA every year. Is it worth the money to buy 21 when 20 exists (or Legacy or whatever the fuck they were calling it)? Aside roster changes and future server closures what’s the point? Nothing changes whatsoever. I bought WWE 2K for a few years recently and again, it’s the same shit with roster changes. Nothing is different with the core gameplay.

As long as people like you keep buying them for that reason you stated and idiots keep blowing money in Ultimate Team they’re gonna keep doing it. I detest sports games mostly but people deserve better than what you shell out money for.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thats the reason and excuse everyone always gives for buying this trash. Still though, you buy and play FIFA every year. Is it worth the money to buy 21 when 20 exists (or Legacy or whatever the fuck they were calling it)? Aside roster changes and future server closures what’s the point? Nothing changes whatsoever. I bought WWE 2K for a few years recently and again, it’s the same shit with roster changes. Nothing is different with the core gameplay.

As long as people like you keep buying them for that reason you stated and idiots keep blowing money in Ultimate Team they’re gonna keep doing it. I detest sports games mostly but people deserve better than what you shell out money for.
    Oh there is a VERY big difference every year...they are worse. They try to justify the new release by "improving" the gameplay and it always ruins the game and eventually is patched to play the same as the pervious years. Like i said it's a waste of money, but sports fans don't care, they just want to play with the latest kits/teams. Hell the only modes i play now are Pro clubs so me and my friend can play in the same team (he doesn't have much time to really get into other games, so we only play FIFA and CoD in short 45min bursts every week or so) so it really is a complete waste for me, but he is the only game friend i have and it's nice to catch up so not a complete waste.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post
    Oh there is a VERY big difference every year...they are worse. They try to justify the new release by "improving" the gameplay and it always ruins the game and eventually is patched to play the same as the pervious years. Like i said it's a waste of money, but sports fans don't care, they just want to play with the latest kits/teams. Hell the only modes i play now are Pro clubs so me and my friend can play in the same team (he doesn't have much time to really get into other games, so we only play FIFA and CoD in short 45min bursts every week or so) so it really is a complete waste for me, but he is the only game friend i have and it's nice to catch up so not a complete waste.
    I can't fault EA for doing what they do when idiots do UT pack opening videos on Youtube and people such as yourself reluctantly buy it even though you know the effort is low and the game is dogshit. That's why Madden makes BILLIONS every year.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I can't fault EA for doing what they do when idiots do UT pack opening videos on Youtube and people such as yourself reluctantly buy it even though you know the effort is low and the game is dogshit. That's why Madden makes BILLIONS every year.
    It's money for nothing, often literally! It's a depressing state of affairs for all sports games really.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)