Page 119 of 119 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119
Results 3,541 to 3,554 of 3554

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Huh, I also really liked Dust, so maybe there’s something unique just not clicking. I do promise there’s something great in Hollow Knight, and I think it’s “the best metroidvania game ever”

But I don’t know... originally I felt the same, and everyone hyping it up to me was right, but they all also swear I’m wrong about Witcher 3, and I am done trying to give a shit with that game or company in general

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Huh, I also really liked Dust, so maybe there’s something unique just not clicking. I do promise there’s something great in Hollow Knight, and I think it’s “the best metroidvania game ever”

But I don’t know... originally I felt the same, and everyone hyping it up to me was right, but they all also swear I’m wrong about Witcher 3, and I am done trying to give a shit with that game or company in general
    Ok... you all convinced me. I am going to download it again and start from scratch and see what happens. My last file was played in 2018 so maybe I will have a change of heart after finishing Blasphemous and Axiom Verge.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Ok... you all convinced me. I am going to download it again and start from scratch and see what happens. My last file was played in 2018 so maybe I will have a change of heart after finishing Blasphemous and Axiom Verge.
    also, please consider getting an 8-bit do SNES-style controller. i can't tell you how big of a difference it makes for platformers (especially hollow knight and celeste). the switch controller is really not great for d-pad stuff, and it feels so much more natural to use a proper d-pad than the four tiny buttons.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    also, please consider getting an 8-bit do SNES-style controller. i can't tell you how big of a difference it makes for platformers (especially hollow knight and celeste). the switch controller is really not great for d-pad stuff, and it feels so much more natural to use a proper d-pad than the four tiny buttons.
    I have one, but honestly the d-pads for modern controllers really do not bother me all that much; it really depends on the game. Cybershadow I could not stand using the duelsense for, but Blashphemous it works much better. I mainly use the older gamepads for older games, the new controllers really do not translate well for me when I am playing a Megaman collection or Contra... games like that. I may have to get a new one though, so thanks for bringing that up lol.

And Celeste! Adding it to my list.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I have one, but honestly the d-pads for modern controllers really do not bother me all that much; it really depends on the game. Cybershadow I could not stand using the duelsense for, but Blashphemous it works much better. I mainly use the older gamepads for older games, the new controllers really do not translate well for me when I am playing a Megaman collection or Contra... games like that. I may have to get a new one though, so thanks for bringing that up lol.

And Celeste! Adding it to my list.
    i love celeste so much i have a tattoo from it - the feather (you'll understand once you play)

Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    So, first I played Metroid: Zero Mission, which is a remake of the OG. The NES game- it was so ambitious, what they were aiming for, but it was just short of fucking IMPOSSIBLE, and the physics weren't great. I had ONE friend in the eighties who stuck with it: he drew his own maps on graph paper and kept me up to date on his progress, for like NINE MONTHS.
    Zero Mission adds a map, some hints, a graphical overhaul, and upgrades the controls to Super Metroid standards. It really turns what I'd call a failed masterpiece into a damn fine, must play game for fans of the series.

And THEN, there's Metroid Fusion. That one is, imho, no shit, PRETTY much on par with Super Metroid. I'm sad that it's almost over.

Anyway, if you loved Super Metroid, make sure you play the two GBA titles, with your emulators, flash carts, virtual consoles, or however you can.

I'm using an Anbernic R351P, and if you're a retro gaming fan who likes handhelds, you're missing the damn party if you don't have one of these heavenly devices.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    So, first I played Metroid: Zero Mission, which is a remake of the OG. The NES game- it was so ambitious, what they were aiming for, but it was just short of fucking IMPOSSIBLE, and the physics weren't great. I had ONE friend in the eighties who stuck with it: he drew his own maps on graph paper and kept me up to date on his progress, for like NINE MONTHS.
    Zero Mission adds a map, some hints, a graphical overhaul, and upgrades the controls to Super Metroid standards. It really turns what I'd call a failed masterpiece into a damn fine, must play game for fans of the series.

And THEN, there's Metroid Fusion. That one is, imho, no shit, PRETTY much on par with Super Metroid. I'm sad that it's almost over.

Anyway, if you loved Super Metroid, make sure you play the two GBA titles, with your emulators, flash carts, virtual consoles, or however you can.

I'm using an Anbernic R351P, and if you're a retro gaming fan who likes handhelds, you're missing the damn party if you don't have one of these heavenly devices.
    zero mission and fusion are both absolutely incredible. i have them on the WiiU virtual console.

Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    So NBA2K21 is on Xbox Gamepass now, and, FUCK. It's COMPLICATED. I'm sure I can get decent at it eventually, but it's easily as deep as Tekken 7.

It's INSANELY realistic, and the graphics and physics are unreal, BUT, that realism means that there are seventy or eighty movements you can make. I spent an hour in the tutorial and then lost my first game by 20 points.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So NBA2K21 is on Xbox Gamepass now, and, FUCK. It's COMPLICATED. I'm sure I can get decent at it eventually, but it's easily as deep as Tekken 7.

It's INSANELY realistic, and the graphics and physics are unreal, BUT, that realism means that there are seventy or eighty movements you can make. I spent an hour in the tutorial and then lost my first game by 20 points.
    Have you tried The Show 21 yet? You can make it just as complicated.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    zero mission and fusion are both absolutely incredible. i have them on the WiiU virtual console.
    I've been playing Samus Returns on my phone, but it keeps crashing (3DS game). I really like it, and I remember being addicted to Metroid 2 on the Gameboy when I was little.

Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I've been playing Samus Returns on my phone, but it keeps crashing (3DS game). I really like it, and I remember being addicted to Metroid 2 on the Gameboy when I was little.
    I'm a basketball fanatic, not a baseball fan.

Idk. I guess it'll just take time. I spent an hour in practice mode, and then tried a game, and lost by 20. I was only down by 6 or 8 for awhile, but then they turned up the heat. Maybe I need to just keep playing it.

SO: have you heard of AM2R? If you want an updated Metroid 2, but your phone crashes on 3DS, try that one.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm a basketball fanatic, not a baseball fan.

Idk. I guess it'll just take time. I spent an hour in practice mode, and then tried a game, and lost by 20. I was only down by 6 or 8 for awhile, but then they turned up the heat. Maybe I need to just keep playing it.

SO: have you heard of AM2R? If you want an updated Metroid 2, but your phone crashes on 3DS, try that one.
    Sure have, I'd like to finish Samus Returns first so my brain doesn't get confused lol

I'll have to finish it on my computer, I can do that through Moonlight...which works very very well.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Is there a reason to keep on collecting moons in Mario Odyssey? A few of them are impossible on the lite because there's no rumble. The sheep ones are horrid because you can't just pick the sheep up. the damn arrow shows up like you can do something but no you have to scare the sheep back to the pen.

Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    I have tried to understand Minecraft... and I'm just going to say that I hate this video game.