Page 114 of 129 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,420 of 3844

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Ghosts Legends is on point. So far I’ve only done survival mode but it’s pretty fun.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Persona's done so now i need to find a new game until Cyberpunk comes out, luckily i have a dozen to pick that were already bought on sale...but they are mostly anime trash, like Azure Lane...

EDIT : Azure Lane is awful! It has some fantasic character art but the gameplay is TERRIBLE! And the story isn't worth suffering through! There's a new Pokemon DLC this week so i'll just play Genshin Impact some more until then...
    Last edited by Haysey_Draws; 10-18-2020 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Don't play Azure Lane!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    As I'm playing GTA IV again I rediscovered how annoying the cell phone and friends system can be, good thing you can put it into sleep mode sometimes. I know if you spend enough time with them doing various activities you can gain certain perks after a while.

I think there's even the achievement where you have to keep 5 of them above a 90% like rating towards you? It can be a bit of a nag when you just want to do main story missions. You're on your way to a mission and someone calls, so you tell them off and they thumb you down. Then when you actually go to do something with someone they end up on the other side of the freakin map, it takes forever to get there usually resulting in them saying you're late. Using the cabs and skipping the drive becomes very useful.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm deep in Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time still. Need to finish it before Cyberpunk 2077.

Game is hard as nails. I honestly don't care for the physics based new masks. Some of their stuff makes the game awkward to play.

Still enjoying it as I love the series but this game being this difficult made my replay value go down and completionist desires. I'll never platinum this game. I'm not even gonna try for the relics. I barely even have any skins for doing the levels flawlessly.

Watch this to show how hard this is.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

played the demo of ScourgeBringer for 5 minutes before deciding to buy it. holy shit i am LOVING it. like a perfect combo of Celeste & Dead Cells. and the music is fucking GREAT.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Blasphemous was on sale for 12.49 on Xbox's Black Friday Sale. I'll try it. I don't expect to get very far.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 11-21-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    needed a break from ScourgeBringer so i'm playing through Gris for the second time. i've had images from the game as my phone backgrounds since the first time i played it because it's just so freakin' gorgeous. definitely going to get a tattoo from the game at some point.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

What are you playing?

Finally getting around to Diablo 3. Never played the second one. I gotta say I’m having a pretty good time. Was starting to burn out on Ghosts Legends survival and the like though it is pretty fun. After some very brief reading on the game I realize that it goes pretty deep potentially with the end game seasons and such.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 11-22-2020 at 10:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    only if you’re playing online with people you know... otherwise those games are bullshit imo. With friends it can be a good time, especially in this quarantine reality where we don’t get to see each other much
    Couldn't agree with you more, Jinsay I cannot call myself an avid gamer at all but under these circumstances, when there is zero opportunity to do what I used to do before the lockdowns, escaping to virtual reality is the only possible way-out of the situation. My friends and I usually play WoW. You know what I noticed? That WoW can boast to have an awesome teambuilding effect That is great!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Finally getting around to Diablo 3. Never played the second one. I gotta say I’m having a pretty good time. Was starting to burn out on Ghosts Legends survival and the like though it is pretty fun. After some very brief reading on the game I realize that it goes pretty deep potentially with the end game seasons and such.
    Loved Diablo 2, but hated the direction they took with 3 (art, music etc). The gameplay itself is better, but everything else is worse IMO.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I 'borrowed' Diablo 3 from my mother-in-law's husband (I don't want to get into that family tree, there's a character limit to these posts) and we've been playing it from time to time on the PS3. It has loads like a mfer but it is exactly the type of game that my wife and I loved playing together when we first got married: Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1/2, Champions of Norrath 1/2, and Justice League Heroes. We would play through those games and then start over on a new game plus on the next harder difficulty. if they weren't exorbitantly expensive I'd try to get them again. I'm sure I could probably emulate them - probably on an Xbox X, considering what I'm reading in that twitter thread I posted - but again I go back to the exorbitantly expensive. lol

Anyway, to get back to D3, we've been loving the game. I haven't play 1 or 2 so I have no love or hate for the series otherwise so it's all new to me and since it's basically those other games but with a Diablo name on it? I don't care one way or the other.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I'm finally getting into this Xbox. Bloodstained IS Castlevania. Blair Witch and GTA V are fucking dope.

I'm definitely still a retro gamer at heart, tho.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Beat Portal 2 for the 2nd time the other night and then last night I finally beat The Force Unleashed II. If you like Star Wars, I highly recommend TFU2. It’s a fun hack & slash and I found myself not being able to put the controller down. Now onward to Fallen Order!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    speaking of TFU: I played the hell out of the games on the PS3 way back when and I had a tube television. There was one level that kept giving me trouble because it was hard to see where the enemies were that were attacking me but whatever, I was able to beat the game. I upgraded the TV that year and was playing through again and found out that the developers were lazy and were pan & scanning the game by locking the game into the middle of the letterboxing. which I guess isn't really scanning, but anyway. There was information to the left and right of the level that showed enemies over there and that's why I kept getting hit when I played on the tube tv.

also I went out and bought The Orange Box (harder to find than I thought it'd be) and Portal 2 to have something to play over Christmas break with my son. He likes puzzle games and the humor should be just right for him. And maybe one of the other games will spark an interest with him, who knows.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    just gonna throw this out there again, after about 500 more hours invested, I'm gonna say Final Fantasy XIV is easily one of the best games I've ever played, and that it's far from just being another MMO. The story tortures you without about 100 hours of bullshit, and then suddenly gets good w/ Heavensward. The world is incredible, even the terrible storytelling in the beginning is well acted and scripted into english.

The game is kinda magical, and at this point it's free until you get to level 60, which (if you wanna put it off) gives you tons of stuff to do. If you wanna play together, join the server Exodus. My character's name is Zos Kia

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    just gonna throw this out there again, after about 500 more hours invested, I'm gonna say Final Fantasy XIV is easily one of the best games I've ever played, and that it's far from just being another MMO. The story tortures you without about 100 hours of bullshit, and then suddenly gets good w/ Heavensward. The world is incredible, even the terrible storytelling in the beginning is well acted and scripted into english.

The game is kinda magical, and at this point it's free until you get to level 60, which (if you wanna put it off) gives you tons of stuff to do. If you wanna play together, join the server Exodus. My character's name is Zos Kia
    Damn, high praise.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Beat Portal 2 for the 2nd time the other night and then last night I finally beat The Force Unleashed II. If you like Star Wars, I highly recommend TFU2. It’s a fun hack & slash and I found myself not being able to put the controller down. Now onward to Fallen Order!
    i'm playing fallen order. the last, newest system i own (aside from the xbox one my friends bought me, and a rarely used ebay ps3) is a hacked wii, which i MOSTLY use to play SNES and such.

so this shit is fucking mind blowing.

Fallen Order is SO cinematic, but, i guess most of these games are, these days. it's all new to me.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    what excites me more than xbox is this thing that i ordered from China, the Retroid Pocket 2. It should be here in a couple weeks, and i also ordered Ambernic 351Ps for my niece and nephew.

Do any of you guys fuck with any of these chinese retro handhelds?

this thing plays nes, snes, genesis, gameboy, ds, gbc, gba, ps1, n64, dreamcast, and some other shit.

it was the best looking one of these things that i could find for under $100

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I have a backlog of...dozens of games now, and Cyberpunk is out next week...but i have the itch to replay Bloodborne for the 100th time from watching speedruns. Guess it's time to return to Yarnham!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Damn, high praise.
    it really is great, but you gotta at least appreciate MMORPGs and play through a ton of substandard stuff before you arrive at the point where it gets good, which is more or less where the first expansion starts

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    so much Hades. SO MUCH. i love it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    what excites me more than xbox is this thing that i ordered from China, the Retroid Pocket 2. It should be here in a couple weeks, and i also ordered Ambernic 351Ps for my niece and nephew.

Do any of you guys fuck with any of these chinese retro handhelds?

this thing plays nes, snes, genesis, gameboy, ds, gbc, gba, ps1, n64, dreamcast, and some other shit.

it was the best looking one of these things that i could find for under $100

I keep seeing this pop up on my youtube timeline, how is it overall? I have twilight++ on my 3DS Xl, and it plays almost everything. But dreamcast on the go is what intrigues me.

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe
    so much Hades. SO MUCH. i love it.
    It is that good, isn't it? I just found out it is only out on Switch and PC, and my PC is on its way out. No official word on PS4 and Xbox versions.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Was on a roll in Dark Souls 3 until I encountered Champion Gundyr. Now I'm stuck again for probably another 1-2 years lol.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I keep seeing this pop up on my youtube timeline, how is it overall? I have twilight++ on my 3DS Xl, and it plays almost everything. But dreamcast on the go is what intrigues me.
    Ugh, I REALLY wanted to put CFW on an XL but it seemed like it was getting harder to do.

I still haven't got my retroid pocket 2, but it sure looks good. It's on the way from China. Check out some of those YouTube videos: it apparently plays the majority of the dreamcast library in a passable manner.

Let me know if you ever wanna sell that hacked 3DS. I REALLY want a dedicated two screen system for DS and 3DS roms. I DID have several DS lites with R4 cards, but one day they just stopped working. I think it must have been the cards.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-09-2020 at 03:51 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Ugh, I REALLY wanted to put CFW on an XL but it seemed like it was getting harder to do.

I still haven't got my retroid pocket 2, but it sure looks good. It's on the way from China. Check out some of those YouTube videos: it apparently plays the majority of the dreamcast library in a passable manner.

Let me know if you ever wanna sell that hacked 3DS. I REALLY want a dedicated two screen system for DS and 3DS roms. I DID have several DS lites with R4 cards, but one day they just stopped working. I think it must have been the cards.
    Sorry for the late response. Sucks about how the Dreamcast runs, and the offset D-pad away from the button I'm not a fan of. But for that price point, it it hard to pass up to not tinker with.

I just recently grabbed the DS for a really crazy price for the condition I got it in off ebay; I got super lucky. I don't play it as much as I thought I would so I'll keep that in mind for sure! It really is nice with the two screen system, but the interface on twilight can be a pain when you first start to use it. Also grabbed Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia almost brand new.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Sorry for the late response. Sucks about how the Dreamcast runs, and the offset D-pad away from the button I'm not a fan of. But for that price point, it it hard to pass up to not tinker with.

I just recently grabbed the DS for a really crazy price for the condition I got it in off ebay; I got super lucky. I don't play it as much as I thought I would so I'll keep that in mind for sure! It really is nice with the two screen system, but the interface on twilight can be a pain when you first start to use it. Also grabbed Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia almost brand new.
    I THINK you can get a lot of Dreamcast to run.
    Check out Taki Udon's test video.

You have to use a standalone emulator on the Android side, and not the Retroid version.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Started Last Of Us Part 2 yesterday, what an amazing story...definitely hooked.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I THINK you can get a lot of Dreamcast to run.
    Check out Taki Udon's test video.

You have to use a standalone emulator on the Android side, and not the Retroid version.
    Thanks! I'll check it out later for sure. What made me turn my head was the OS it runs on, vanilla Android? Even so, that price tag... I'm going to dive more into this.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Thanks! I'll check it out later for sure. What made me turn my head was the OS it runs on, vanilla Android? Even so, that price tag... I'm going to dive more into this.
    So retro dodo put out their top ten handhelds of 2020, and the Retroid Pocket 2 was number one.

The Ambernic351P was number 2. That one has slightly better controls/build, and, comes preloaded with all the roms, and runs up to PS1.

The buttons aren't as good on the retroid, and you have to tinker with it a bit, BUT, it does N64, Dreamcast and some PSP.

This is why my wife and I ordered the Retroid, and got the ambernics for the kids. She's a tech nerd, and, I've been fucking with emulation since Nesticle in 98 or 99.

And surely the buttons aren't THAT bad, as multiple outlets are calling it the best of 2020.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    So retro dodo put out their top ten handhelds of 2020, and the Retroid Pocket 2 was number one.

The Ambernic351P was number 2. That one has slightly better controls/build, and, comes preloaded with all the roms, and runs up to PS1.

The buttons aren't as good on the retroid, and you have to tinker with it a bit, BUT, it does N64, Dreamcast and some PSP.

This is why my wife and I ordered the Retroid, and got the ambernics for the kids. She's a tech nerd, and, I've been fucking with emulation since Nesticle in 98 or 99.

And surely the buttons aren't THAT bad, as multiple outlets are calling it the best of 2020.
    Let us know how you like the handhelds. My son is getting a Series X, and has agreed to give up his Series S, which we will be turning into an emulation station for the front room.