Page 111 of 129 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,330 of 3845

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Yes! Ghost of Tsushima is great. It's super formulaic but...

-its a great formula
    -Gjost of tsushima does great things with the formula

It comes off as a labor of love.
    It's so huge and time consuming it's gonna take 6 months before I manage to finish it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I’m having an absolute blast with Ghost of Tsushima. I get big Witcher 3 vibes from it and that’s definitely not a bad thing. So much to do and the game world is absolutely beautiful

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Got Ghost of Tsushima and haven't played it yet but I got the deluxe edition and the steal case art is very underwhelming. However I know the game is going to be great

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Grabbed the special edition as well and the steel case is like you said, just ok.

I spent about 40 minutes before the opening title messing with photo mode and then that bomb ass intro hits you like a ton of bricks. This game is absolutely stunning.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm about 15 hours into GoT and, i can understand why some critics weren't super into the open world elements, it is very much like every open world you've seen before (lots of busy work, bandit camps etc) BUT the whole style and combat and the absolute DROP DEEP GORGEOUS SCENERY makes it stand out for me. You can't walk anywhere without wanting to just enjoy the environment...i'm at a lose for how they made this look so good AND have no loading screens. I'm also a big fan of using the wind to know where your going, it just helps make the game feel like it's a lush living forest!

And the combat is just *chefs kiss*. I will never, NEVER, get tired of doing standoffs! Even better you can upgrade standoff to take out more then one bad guy, then either allow the crowd to swamp you and throw down a smoke bomb bomb and quickly stealth kill another 3 or just go full badass and perfect parry the remaining, leading to the rest getting scared and running way...i'm torn between going full ghost on camps or just walk through the front door and shouting "COME AT ME BASTARDS!"

For me, and this might just be me, but this is my favorite game of the year so far, it's just perfectly what i wanted. And i know a game is great when i just want to wander around the map for no reason, i plan on 100%ing this. Also when you do duels turn on Kurosawa mode in the options, totally fucking cool!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I dumped about 40 hours into Hollow Knight and got two different endings. I'm kind of fatigued with it, but Paper Mario Origami King just came in yesterday so I think it's perfect timing ha.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    MK Aftermath complete is 34 bucks on Amazon. Quick price drop

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Ugh, I keep telling myself I'm going to buy MK but it keeps getting pushed back. I have no idea what is going on in the story, I may have to find a brush up video before I jump back into it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I dumped about 40 hours into Hollow Knight and got two different endings. I'm kind of fatigued with it, but Paper Mario Origami King just came in yesterday so I think it's perfect timing ha.
    i just played through it for the fourth time, it never stops being rewarding.

did you get all the unbreakable charms? beat all three tournaments in the colosseum of fools? collect all the flames and defeat grimm (or banish the grimm troupe)? there's so much to do in that game and you can do things a little differently each time.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I scooped up Mega Man legacy collections 1 & 2, X Legacy 1 & 2 and Mega Man 11 as a bundle for PS4.

This was always a series of games i wanted to play but just never got to them.

How the hell did you guys ever play these games without save states and rewind? lol I beat the first game after my blood boiled after a few thousand attempts trying to get past that fucking yellow devil boss, fuck that guy! I basically had to save after each successful evasion of the boss going from the left side of the screen to the right side.

I'm now at the first Dr. Willy Fortress stage in Mega Man 2.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i just played through it for the fourth time, it never stops being rewarding.

did you get all the unbreakable charms? beat all three tournaments in the colosseum of fools? collect all the flames and defeat grimm (or banish the grimm troupe)? there's so much to do in that game and you can do things a little differently each time.
    Working on the unbreakable charms, but my god the Geo cost lol. I still can't beat the final trial in the Colosseum. Other than activating the Grimm Troupe, I haven't done much with them. I've fought Grey Prince Zote like 3 or 4 times and think it's ridiculous how many more times there are to fight him ha.

I also don't have any desire at all to torture myself into enduring the Godhome area; I managed to get 100% overall so I'm good with that!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    How the hell did you guys ever play these games without save states and rewind? lol I beat the first game after my blood boiled after a few thousand attempts trying to get past that fucking yellow devil boss, fuck that guy! I basically had to save after each successful evasion of the boss going from the left side of the screen to the right side.
    Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of practice lol. I forget if it's possible in the Legacy versions, but there's a way to nerf the Yellow Devil in MM1 by repeatedly pausing and unpausing (not the weapon select menu, but the actual pause) while your weapon is moving through the target. It'll rack up hits each time you unpause. This works on other bosses as well. Yes, this is cheap. I don't think anyone will fault you for it, though!

MM2 is much more manageable, but there's a pretty infamous spot later on in the fortress that might prove troublesome. The rest of the series kind of hits its stride and makes it playable for all skill levels. The X series games sure ramp the difficulty back up though.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Right, 20 hours into GoT and i only JUST figured out not only can you trigger photo mode AT ANY TIME (eve in duels!) but it has an extensive filter/editing option IN GAME...now on a mission to get that perfect fox shot!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    exploring a lot of retro games I'd always wanted to try... goddamn NES games were hard. Code Name Viper is stupid, but good. It still forces you to basically MASTER the game in order to proceed, and it's like that right from the start.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    exploring a lot of retro games I'd always wanted to try... goddamn NES games were hard. Code Name Viper is stupid, but good. It still forces you to basically MASTER the game in order to proceed, and it's like that right from the start.
    Fuck, Code Name Viper is awesome.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    What others? I've beaten almost every formidable NES game with the exception of Ghosts and Goblins... I dunno what it is that game fucking hates me.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    What others? I've beaten almost every formidable NES game with the exception of Ghosts and Goblins... I dunno what it is that game fucking hates me.
    on the NES, Clash at Demonhead, Astynax, Adventures of Bayou Billy, Dragon Spirit... I'm going mostly alphabetical

It's kind of surreal to be able to just churn through all these titles and actually find some gold in there that I hadn't ever heard of. Like "Cowboy Kid." WTF is this game?! It's got some strange cover art, but the game is a good adventure thing with some well thought out areas and solid gameplay... apparently it's super rare and valuable.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 07-24-2020 at 12:54 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

What are you playing?

I couldn't imagine having one of these at 10 years old...holy shit. I recently organized all of my roms during my furlough with Launchbox, crazy nostalgia overload and I love it.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I couldn't imagine having one of these at 10 years old...holy shit.
    Yeah, it's insane. Funny thing is most of the games I've been really diving into I already own in some format, some I've actually bought multiple times... and that's already tied to nostalgia. It's great, but having it as a kid... I wonder if kids today would even be interested in the majority of retro games. Maybe if they'd never played any new AAA blockbusters.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    on the NES, Clash at Demonhead, Astynax, Adventures of Bayou Billy, Dragon Spirit... I'm going mostly alphabetical

It's kind of surreal to be able to just churn through all these titles and actually find some gold in there that I hadn't ever heard of. Like "Cowboy Kid." WTF is this game?! It's got some strange cover art, but the game is a good adventure thing with some well thought out areas and solid gameplay... apparently it's super rare and valuable.
    Dear lord, Bayou Billy haunted me when I was younger. They really went out of their way to promote the heck out of that game and cannot believe they made a Konami Hand-held version of it!!

Cowboy Kid I only know because my cousin had it in his collection that he wound up passing down to me; over 150 games! He wound up keeping it and still has it.

I also have Little Samson and Flintstones: Surprise At Dinosaur Peak which I can confirm was sold at blockbuster since there is some uneven news stating the game was not exclusive to it. Not saying it wasn't sold elsewhere, but my mom came through and purchased one of the rarest NES games without even knowing it lol. Label is faded, but it is still worth some money.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I also have Little Samson and Flintstones: Surprise At Dinosaur Peak which I can confirm was sold at blockbuster since there is some uneven news stating the game was not exclusive to it. Not saying it wasn't sold elsewhere, but my mom came through and purchased one of the rarest NES games without even knowing it lol. Label is faded, but it is still worth some money.
    That's crazy... The most valuable games I ever had were for the Sega Saturn. I had pretty much every rare game for that system in mint condition, but eventually ended up selling it to buy music gear. Panzer Dragoon Saga and Magic Knight Rayearth alone were worth so much.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I've you have 20 bucks to spare, but not enough free time for a big game, then this is for you. Absolutely fell in love with this little game over the course of two evenings:

It's got all the cool classic horror-movie tropes from the Thing, to the Blob and Alien to it, as well as some stellar lighting, cool physics, crazy but mostly smooth controls and an amazing soundtrack by Cris Velasco.

Indie-game of the year for me and I hope the studio is making a sequel or something equally chilling.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I've you have 20 bucks to spare, but not enough free time for a big game, then this is for you. Absolutely fell in love with this little game over the course of two evenings:

It's got all the cool classic horror-movie tropes from the Thing, to the Blob and Alien to it, as well as some stellar lighting, cool physics, crazy but mostly smooth controls and an amazing soundtrack by Cris Velasco.

Indie-game of the year for me and I hope the studio is making a sequel or something equally chilling.
    It's really awesome, tried it from Gamepass.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    It's really awesome, tried it from Gamepass.
    I might pick it up on Switch. Weird that it's on everything but PS4, which is what I really prefer to play stuff on. If it isn't because of some contract for exclusivity (or that it just can't be released on PS4 per contract) that'd be interesting... otherwise, I don't get why they wouldn't port this to PS4 too.

I also think it's weird that Phantasy Star Online II is not coming to PS4 in the US, when that's the platform it was on in Japan. It was on Vita and Ps4. I don't get it.
    Not that it's that great of a game (I downloaded it from the JP store a while back), but it's an odd localizing decision.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Carrion was supposed to come out for the PS4, but somehow they omitted it right before the release. Can't see any statement about it either... time will tell.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Carrion was supposed to come out for the PS4, but somehow they omitted it right before the release. Can't see any statement about it either... time will tell.
    They never planned on releasing Carrion for the PS4:

Will Carrion ever come to PS4?

It wasn't until we announced the Switch version and the Xbox One version that everyone suddenly wanted a PS4 version too. Almost nobody asked for PlayStation until we announced we're releasing on everything but PlayStation.

I think there's a good chance we'll release it on PlayStation eventually. It's just a matter of time and resources. It is super strenuous to release on all platforms at once as an indie developer-all the certifications, making sure everything's working everywhere, multiple QA, it's kind of difficult.

https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/9...form-of-choice

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Finally able to finish Cuphead since it is now out on PS4! I had it on steam but my laptop finally started acting up after 13 long years and it would freeze. Def grabbing this sometime this week!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Cuphead is on PS4? I might pick that up, even though I have it on Switch.

The reasons for not porting Carrion feel strange to me, but I'm not calling it bullshit or anything. It just seems weird. I guess I'll grab it on Switch, I just hate the feel of the controller; both the screen portable unit and the Pro controller feel weird to me. I guess I'll get used to it if I just stick with it more often.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Cuphead is on PS4? I might pick that up, even though I have it on Switch.

The reasons for not porting Carrion feel strange to me, but I'm not calling it bullshit or anything. It just seems weird. I guess I'll grab it on Switch, I just hate the feel of the controller; both the screen portable unit and the Pro controller feel weird to me. I guess I'll get used to it if I just stick with it more often.
    may i suggest (as i've done for others, and maybe already for you, i honestly can't remember) this incredible controller that will work with ANY system that uses bluetooth and is perfect for platformers and other such games - https://smile.amazon.com/8Bitdo-SF30...s%2A=0&ie=UTF8

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    may i suggest (as i've done for others, and maybe already for you, i honestly can't remember) this incredible controller that will work with ANY system that uses bluetooth and is perfect for platformers and other such games - https://smile.amazon.com/8Bitdo-SF30...s%2A=0&ie=UTF8
    I use this for my PC and Shield, it's great. Usually I stick with my Xbox One controller for PC, but I like these for emulation.