Page 10 of 129 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Bought Borderlands on demand for $20 last night. Well worth it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Sound Shaaaapes! Death Mode is hard, I'm already stuck on the third level and its been more luck than anything else...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    I picked up Castlevania: Symphony of the Night when I was 7 years old and it whooped my ass. It showed no mercy. 13 years later I decided to pick it back up and fucking own this game. Own in which I did. I FINALLY BEAT SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT!

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK YEAH!
    Did you beat the second castle where everything goes upside down?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Playing Duke Nukem Forever and surprisingly having a lot of fun with it, i paid 14.99 for the PC Balls of Steel edition XD

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    About to check out this Dust beta on PSN.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Yup. I got the best ending.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Playing Duke Nukem Forever and surprisingly having a lot of fun with it, i paid 14.99 for the PC Balls of Steel edition XD
    That's dangerously cheap these days.

Is the game as bad as everyone says? Not really. Is it that damn cool and good? Also no.

I beat it on Xbox and I have it on PS3 as well, yet to really play it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I heard the DLC single player campaign The Doctor who Cloned Me is supposed to be a helluva lot better and a massive improvement over the main game.

Yeah it's not an amazing game by far and DOES NOT live up to 12 years or whatever of hype/development but it's still a stupid fun game imo especially when you mess about and just play the minigames like the pinball or air hockey haha and def get a kick out of Jon St John's Duke voice. All the pointless interactables are neat i found to, maybe I'm just easily entertained and find enjoyment out of microwaving popcorn and rats. Things like that are def stuff i always liked about Duke Nukem 3D when it first came out. DNF still has some old school shine to it over the silly modern turd it evidently turned out to be.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 08-26-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I HATED that part of the game when I beat this a long time ago. Shit this makes me feel old! I was only 14.

Just picked up Darksiders II and it is meh so far. It is the beginning of the game so there are a lot of things to look forward to, but the controls and riding the horse don't really seem to be as fluent. Regardless, I will be playing this to all hours of the night tonight.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I heard the DLC single player campaign The Doctor who Cloned Me is supposed to be a helluva lot better and a massive improvement over the main game.

Yeah it's not an amazing game by far and DOES NOT live up to 12 years or whatever of hype/development but it's still a stupid fun game imo especially when you mess about and just play the minigames like the pinball or air hockey haha and def get a kick out of Jon St John's Duke voice. All the pointless interactables are neat i found to, maybe I'm just easily entertained and find enjoyment out of microwaving popcorn and rats. Things like that are def stuff i always liked about Duke Nukem 3D when it first came out. DNF still has some old school shine to it over the silly modern turd it evidently turned out to be.
    Haven't played the DLC. But, I had fun with it. Not as polished as it probably could've been, but whatever. I had my laughs, and my fun. That's coming from a guy who still enjoys older games. Maybe that's why im one of the "its not bad" crowd. Think people were just disappointed when it wasnt as modern as they were hoping for. Yeah, the game felt dated. So what?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Haven't played the DLC. But, I had fun with it. Not as polished as it probably could've been, but whatever. I had my laughs, and my fun. That's coming from a guy who still enjoys older games. Maybe that's why im one of the "its not bad" crowd. Think people were just disappointed when it wasnt as modern as they were hoping for. Yeah, the game felt dated. So what?
    Yeah, I think hype and unnecessary publicity made this game doomed for the start. I enjoyed it, even through headaches I had facing the Octaking, the Queen and the random Octabrains that were too difficult to kill. The bad mechanics and such actually made the game challenging at times, even when it shouldn't have been. I was bored to tears through the Monster Truck and Shrunken Duke sequences. When I can stomach up 800 MSP to get the DLC I will...

I'm playing this quite frantically like a madman:

Last edited by Space Suicide; 08-26-2012 at 07:35 PM. Reason: U broek grmmr?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Finished Sleeping Dogs today. Not sure if I can run out of good things to say about that one. Think Lords of Shadow is next on my list. I wanted to start from my old save and just start over, but it didn't have the tutorial messages, and I forgot how to play... So, so much for that. Probably start from scratch tomorrow. On the go, i'm also playing Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i bought Max Payne 3 for PC a few months ago and haven't been able to get it to work.
    i even opened a ticket over at the Rockstar website and nothing they have suggested works.
    my last resort is to switch to directx 9 but a few of my other games start having problems when i do that.
    wish these gaming companies would actually release a product that doesn't cause so much trouble and not rush a release.

i mean, why can't new games work with current software? its bs

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Yeah, Max Payne 3's PC launch was screwy as hell, and as you've discovered, they still haven't patched the leaks (not to mention some annoying gameplay features, such as long unskippable cutscenes. When you're actually playing though, it's a great game).

I had problems too, and what worked for me was to install the latest graphics drivers, and I think I had to make a separate antivirus exception for Rockstar's club thing. I'm guessing you've already tried that though...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Did you look on Steam forums for the same problem? Which card do you have?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Yeah, Max Payne 3's PC launch was screwy as hell, and as you've discovered, they still haven't patched the leaks (not to mention some annoying gameplay features, such as long unskippable cutscenes. When you're actually playing though, it's a great game).

I had problems too, and what worked for me was to install the latest graphics drivers, and I think I had to make a separate antivirus exception for Rockstar's club thing. I'm guessing you've already tried that though...
    i have tried everything they suggest including re-installing the newest graphics drivers 4 times over already.
    and for the Rockstar club thing and Anti-virus, not sure how to do that even tho i did try, however i can't even get to the login screen so i probably need to get there first before worrying about the Anti-virus going haywire on me.

Rockstar really needs to release a patch that has the game working under directx 11.
    its not unreasonable to expect a very new game to be working with current software.
    this shit is pissing me off more every day

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Went back to Borderlands. Figured I need to finish this game. Once, and for all. Lvl 20!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Went back to Borderlands. Figured I need to finish this game. Once, and for all. Lvl 20!
    I beat it pretty much minus a bunch of rag tag shit but I played this yesterday as well. Finally got that Pandora Dog Millionaire Achievement, damn.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 08-31-2012 at 12:32 AM. Reason: u broek grmmr?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Bought this, hard as fuck though actually.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Is it worth it? any improvements? Does it feel like budokai?I have been wanting it, but afraid for failure.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Is it worth it? any improvements? Does it feel like budokai?I have been wanting it, but afraid for failure.
    If you are a big fan of the Universe and gameplay of Budokai then go for it.

Pretty standard as far as the other games go. Similar controls but the control scheme this time around is a bit trickier than I remember of these games. Character selection is plentiful and the game has quite a few modes and a ton of unlockables which is cool. I will state the game is extremely difficult. More difficult than it should be. There's two modes for single player and the one single payer mode, Galaxy Mode, is what is difficult to me. Pretty much each character has their own series of missions and after like the first and second mission they become extremely absurd with requirements and difficulty. Maybe it's just me not being perfect for only having it for one day but I'm pretty sure even if I do get better some of those missions will still be impossible.

Example: As Goku you have to face every single Ginyu Force member in one match in 240 seconds and that means all 5 members. Or as Zarbon defeat Vegeta before the Raging Blast Meter (meter that hyper powers your movements and attacks slightly) depletes entirely (which is in like 45 seconds).

It's insane.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-01-2012 at 09:21 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Damn. Is that the one where you can create your own fighter?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tony Hawks HD
    I know its like a cash grab, lots of cutbacks, but damn, if those 2 minute rounds keep me coming back for more.. If only it had a custom soundtrack so I could put the TH3 soundtrack and create a skater, I will be 17 again. Only in HD.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Damn. Is that the one where you can create your own fighter?
    Nah, that is Ultimate Tenkiachi, last year's game.

Another example: As Dodoria kill Frieza when you are at near death. Pretty much Frieza has standard life and it takes one ki blast or one punch to kill you. Fucking bullshit.Also p

Playing on LIVE is really brutal. Then again when it comes to online play and fighting games I never win. Tekken, Soul Calibur IV, this....just abysmal to even see victory.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-01-2012 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    For those into that sort of thing, would it be passe to comment on the two raging blasts emerging from my dragon balls?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Um why didn't I get this at Launch?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I played future soldier, and i wasnt totally thrilled wih it. Parts of it were good but i felt like too much was explodey actiony shit and not enough was stealth. Kills the time though.

I should mention that Castlevania: Symphony of the night is one of my all time favorites. Like easily top five. Love the shit out of that game. So i picked up lord of shadow, and its a wierd pick. The graphics are stunning, the story is awful, and the gamrplay is alright. Moments are blatant shadow of the colossus rip offs. Absolutely shanelessly so. Its less gothic horror like sotn or castlevania 64 and more balls out action adventure.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I loved the main game of P4 and this is completely awesome. I can't wait to pick up P4: The Golden for the Vita.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    After reaching Level 17 on Borderlands I finally have figured out the "rhythm" of this game. Unfortunately part of that seems to be after you've fought your way through an entire compound of bandits you have to also fight your way back out again. Oh well, at least it all earns more XP and possible loot.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Struggling with NHL 13. So hard to hang of.