Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat - third film to be shot in Australia

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Since James Wan is involved, maybe it’s a big twist and it ends up being another character well-known from MK lore coming into the fold from a different angle?
    Imagine if it was a Goro origin story. Like, one day he wakes up and he has two extra arms.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yeah I've read that too, that it's Johnny Cage but not. Kind of like Khan-but-not in Trek 2.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Since James Wan is involved, maybe it’s a big twist and it ends up being another character well-known from MK lore coming into the fold from a different angle?
    I was reading up about the film again and I thought the same thing. My initial reaction was like "Really... Cole." So I'm hoping the branding he has on his bod is an indication of him being important instead of just some dude.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    That would be really neat.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Trailer Thursday!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Won't bother linking to all of the tweets, but the official Twitter account is posting motion posters of all the characters.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Those all look great!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Trailer leaked online in Russian. Looks pretty slick, and violent lol.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Trailer leaked online in Russian. Looks pretty slick, and violent lol.
    Posted officially: https://www.twitter.com/MKMovie/status/1362432505236783105

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Sub-Zero saying "I Am Sub-Zero" - Cheesey
    Sub-Zero stabbing Scorpion so blood splatters out then freezing that blood splatter into an icicle and stabbing him with it - giggidy

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I have to agree with the comments on YT that say "bring back Ed Boon". those voice samples are just not right.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    "it's a birthmark"
    "What's that?"
    It means he was born with it."

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    "it's a birthmark"
    "What's that?"
    It means he was born with it."
    "I have assmark too"

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    OK i'll admit...that looks kinda fun I've been tricked with Trailers before though!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    It looks cheesy, campy, and fucking fun as hell. They really weren't lying with the choreography... Like, damn.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Little video I randomly came across last night. The potential cast we could have gotten always blows my mind:

Tom Cruise/Johnny Depp/ Jean-Claude Van Damme as Johnny Cage
    Cameron Diaz as Sonya Blade (They did cast her, but broke her wrist during training)
    Sean Connery as Raiden (Turned it down)
    Brandon Lee as Liu Kang

Also found this old interview with Christopher Lambert saying the reboot was supposed to be a sequel to the first two lol.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 02-20-2021 at 05:23 PM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I just watched Mortal Kombat: Conquest and I fell in love with it. There are a lot of talks about why it wasn't picked up from a lot of actors and actresses that worked on the show; they were all under the impression they would start filming the 2nd season and then out of nowhere...canned. I hope down the road, NetherRealm studios can get the rights down the road to add skins for Kung-Lao, Siro, and Taja. I fell in love with these characters.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Kabal sighting!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I just watched Mortal Kombat: Conquest and I fell in love with it. There are a lot of talks about why it wasn't picked up from a lot of actors and actresses that worked on the show; they were all under the impression they would start filming the 2nd season and then out of nowhere...canned. I hope down the road, NetherRealm studios can get the rights down the road to add skins for Kung-Lao, Siro, and Taja. I fell in love with these characters.
    Short version is the studio didn't want to fund it IIRC. On the site's website at the time, they gave a brief summary of what would have been the series' 2nd season opener - Ironically, Raiden would have pulled time travel hijinks to prevent the entire cast from dying!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Short version is the studio didn't want to fund it IIRC. On the site's website at the time, they gave a brief summary of what would have been the series' 2nd season opener - Ironically, Raiden would have pulled time travel hijinks to prevent the entire cast from dying!
    I read that about the second season! Thought it was balsy af to kill every single character off lol. There have been multiple stories from actors that were on the show about why it was canned, with one being the shootings at Columbine.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Sounds like the “get over here” has been made to sound less shitty:

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Pushed a week back. Womp.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    What is the point of delaying it a week? It's a frigging streaming service release. They could easily just release it right now if they wanted. Does Godzilla and Kong want more space?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    there's only so much room for zeroes and ones in the internet pipes, you don't want a clog.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I like that the font they're using is different from the game one. It feels fresh and well-designed.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Blahhhharrgggg.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    What is the point of delaying it a week? It's a frigging streaming service release. They could easily just release it right now if they wanted. Does Godzilla and Kong want more space?
    I'm PRETTY sure it's this exactly.

Good or bad, this thing is gonna be a fucking blockbuster. They don't want their blockbusters in direct competition at the actual theater.

"zip zero, stingy with dinero"- Jay Z. (notable billionaire)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Blindfolded. The only way this game should have ever been viewed, honestly. ZING!

Serious props to the player though.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Jesus, god, I watched Mortal Kombat: Legacy yesterday. I mentioned this in the "what are you watching" thread.
    It is SO. FUCKING. GOOD.
    And I 100% think that it proves that we could have either a top tier HBO series in this style, or, a cinematic universe of multiple realistic, gritty movies.
    If it were to be movies, you'd start with your Scorpion vs Sub Zero. Then, perhaps Liu Kang and Kung Lao. Then, Kano/Jax/Sonya. I mean, shit. I've been on a MK kick, and, I'm remembering how obsessed I was with the lore and the story, just of the first three games. There is SO much story, and, it's GOOD.

There is something bigger, darker, and more realistic that can be done with this property, and I hope we get it someday. And if you haven't watched legacy, WATCH IT. I swear to god, it looks like proof of concept for either a cinematic universe, or a sweeping premium cable tv epic.