Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What did you do with your Physical Components?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

What did you do with your Physical Components?

Lets see what you all did to display your physical components from the EPs. I've had mine just sitting in individual comic book bags, but it looks pretty shitty and I want some ideas on how to better display them all. Post some pictures of what you all did to display yours.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I never opened my NTAE one, and my add violence is in the bubble mailer it was shipped in. Too bad there wasn't a bad witch one, unless you count the physical world presale. Which I dint take part in, BUT I found a ticket stub on the floor of the Aragon before we left

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [IMG]file:///home/chronos/u-9c6ad32f1a8d7a6ac44ef783ba5fd2651e28c827/Downloads/pp.png[/IMG]

I don't really have any specific place for them. I kind of just keep them all lined up (haha) on a shelf.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daskriechtier View Post
    [IMG]file:///home/chronos/u-9c6ad32f1a8d7a6ac44ef783ba5fd2651e28c827/Downloads/pp.png[/IMG]

I don't really have any specific place for them. I kind of just keep them all lined up (haha) on a shelf.
    I can't see your picture, but it sounds like you kind of have it like I have mine. Just all the pages lined up, leaning against the wall behind my nin collection.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daskriechtier View Post

So your computer name is chronos? hmm.

You linked to a file on your computer, you should upload it to something like imgur and then link to that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Try this, not imgur but it works for now.
    https://ibb.co/5ns4kd0

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The one for Not The Actual Events is sitting in a Ziploc bag in a box, and the one for Add Violence is still in the bag it came in.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I did this:

I also collected every variant and scanned them as well as fucking with some of the color balances/temperatures.

All that's here.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I did this:

I also collected every variant and scanned them as well as fucking with some of the color balances/temperatures.

All that's here.
    This is what I like to see. Is that custom framed or did you buy a frame and do it yourself. Hit me with them details! I'd like to do something like this but also include the NTAE envelope, as well as the AV booklet.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    This is what I like to see. Is that custom framed or did you buy a frame and do it yourself. Hit me with them details! I'd like to do something like this but also include the NTAE envelope, as well as the AV booklet.
    Glad you dig it! I ordered a custom frame from https://www.americanframe.com/, then I chose the layout and my wife (also a huge NIN fan) mounted them. At some point, I'm going to switch them out for the other varietns, but I just love the colored set altogether like this.

And, if I'm not mistaken, I believe the full, unfolded AV schematic page is about the same size as all six NTAE PCs laid out.
    Do with that what you will.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was in the process of making a frame out of 1x4, half way thru I wondered what it would look if the frame was incomplete, the dimensions aren't perfect but I guess it turned out pretty cool. Dear, World lyric component.

OneDrive link - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmNRKn5V9vZihZQ3AIgy7-oz10Gk5w

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Do the Add Violence stickers count? Seemed fitting to put them on my circuit bent SK-1 and Barbie Guitar:

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Mine are all currently in my music box under my bed...i do need to do something with them!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I got the soot all over them and then applied a clear coat on top of them. I remember someone saying that the soot would turn into mud in the near future. It was some sort of make up product?

One day I will frame them all.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    That is interesting. Can anyone verify that it will clump/ turn into "mud"? I have been saving mine to use for some kind of artwork, and I never considered that it might be makeup rather than toner, but that would make a lot of sense from a toxicity/liability perspective.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    That is interesting. Can anyone verify that it will clump/ turn into "mud"? I have been saving mine to use for some kind of artwork, and I never considered that it might be makeup rather than toner, but that would make a lot of sense from a toxicity/liability perspective.
    For what it’s worth, I just received an opened set that I found online recently and the dust was still dusty. I have one other unopened one I’m holding onto, but I am curious whether the residue will be clumpy like that if I decide to open it. Gonna have to frame some of these soon! I have three sets total.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    For what it’s worth, I just received an opened set that I found online recently and the dust was still dusty. I have one other unopened one I’m holding onto, but I am curious whether the residue will be clumpy like that if I decide to open it. Gonna have to frame some of these soon! I have three sets total.
    It will definitely clump, even when opened, if left to settle. I opened my first one and then put everything back how it came. It's hard to tell in this image, but the margin is supposed to be clear. It gets more stained as you go up, and is clumped/caked in the corner:

Last edited by Jon; 05-20-2019 at 10:38 PM. Reason: grammar?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    It will definitely clump, even when opened, if left to settle. I opened my first one and then put everything back how it came. It's hard to tell in this image, but the margin is supposed to be clear. It gets more stained as you go up, and is clumped/caked in the corner
    Good to know! I recalled seeing somebody mentioning that before, too, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s happening with the unopened one now. I was impressed with the one I just ordered online on the cheap, though! It’s gonna be hard to pick a framing arrangement. Hoping this thread will help.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    It was spoken about in the NTAE physical component thread. But I know I could not pinpoint the exact page.

All that's here.
    Paul, any way to get high res scans? I would love them just for my own use on my desktop.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Paul, any way to get high res scans? I would love them just for my own use on my desktop.
    I scanned the fuck out of them and each file is between 100 and 200MB. If you've got an ftp or something, I'd be happy to share. Or, since I have a crazy feeling you've got a spare hard drive or eight lying around, if you want to mail me one, I could just drop them onto it and send it back.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I scanned the fuck out of them and each file is between 100 and 200MB. If you've got an ftp or something, I'd be happy to share. Or, since I have a crazy feeling you've got a spare hard drive or eight lying around, if you want to mail me one, I could just drop them onto it and send it back.
    I would be very interested in having that too. How is it total ? Won't a simple upload / torrent work ?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

currently hanging in my dining room. really want to get my TDS announcement poster framed (as it's the right shape to hang up above, though it's the wrong color to go with everything else on the wall)

this is where they were hanging in our previous apartment (we moved last april)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Mine are back in the envelopes. Been meaning to frame them but we keep forgetting.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    My NTAE cards are sitting on a table, where they've had different shit spilled on them. I told thelastdisciple I'd mail him one of the ones that didn't get fucked off, but I've not done it yet.

I'm really, REALLY bad at collecting things. Actually, I'll go out on a limb and say that I'm bad at physical reality in general.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Honesty, and this was never my plan up front when I preordered (and of course none of us had any idea what it would turn out to be). I left mine unopened initially and saw other people's unboxings. I thought it was an incredibly cool idea, but I didn't need them in my life so I sold them, as it turns out for quite a markup. This ended up covering the cost of NTAE vinyl, amongst other things.

The AV physical component is still on my shelf.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Here are the HQ scans.

Enjoy!

Part 1: https://we.tl/t-PyiK6EtOw2

Part 2: https://we.tl/t-dWzdJkGd0Y

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Here are the HQ scans.

Enjoy!

Not all heroes wear capes.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Here are the HQ scans.

Enjoy!

Goddamn dude that's incredible, thank you.

Those are some large JPG's lol.

Buying the actual PC would have been cheaper than all the printing I'm about to do..

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    My pleasure! I've been over these things pretty extensively, but I'd love for the community to take a closer look, maybe we missed something...