Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Earthquake Bird (Netflix) (2019)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

Earthquake Bird (Netflix) (2019)

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2019/04...rthquake-bird/

Atticus Ross (The Social Network, Gone Girl, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) and Leopold Ross (The Book of Eli, Triple 9) have recently scored the upcoming Netflix original movie Earthquake Bird. The film is written and directed by Wash Westmoreland (Still Alice, Colette) and stars Alicia Vikander, Riley Keough, Jack Huston and Naoki Kobayashi. The thriller is based on Susanna Jones’ novel of the same title and tells the story of young female expat who is suspected of murder after her friend goes missing in the wake of a tumultuous love triangle with a handsome local photographer. Kevin Walsh (Manchester by the Sea, All the Money in the World) & Michael Pruss (Equals, Zoe) are producing the project for Scott Free, alongside Ann Ruark (Wildlife, The Beaver) and Georgina Pope. Ridley Scott (Alien, Gladiator) serves as an executive producer. Earthquake Bird is expected to premiere later this year on Netflix.
    Warning: article uses the worst possible pic of Leo they couldda found

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Another year, another bird-based Netflix film scored by Atticus...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Another year, another bird-based Netflix film scored by Atticus...
    And Death Note, Ryuk is covered in feathers.

He does have a bird tattoo. Is this an ARG?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    And Death Note, Ryuk is covered in feathers.

He does have a bird tattoo. Is this an ARG?
    *checks own tattoo*

OH MY GOD I'M PART OF IT

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    *checks own tattoo*

OH MY GOD I'M PART OF IT

You.. you were scored by Atticus ?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I hope Atticus doesn't get...pigeonholed...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Bird Box sequel confirmed!
    Last edited by botley; 05-07-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Bird Box sequel confirmed!
    I wonder if they'll tap R&R for more new music or just use the rest of the stuff they did.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I wonder if they'll tap R&R for more new music or just use the rest of the stuff they did.
    psst, satire site

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    psst, satire site
    (I know. I was being dry. I failed.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Saw this at the London Film Festival a couple of days ago. Doesn't stray too far from the typical sound, with plenty of drones and strings, and it really worked well in amplifying the tension in some of the scenes. A highlight was a great moment which mixed the percussion in the scene with a driving track.

After the film there was a Q&A where the director was asked about the soundtrack and said Atticus and Leopold were brought in very early, with the director being impressed with work they had done on other soundtracks and with NIN. The director said they started work on the score very early and as the film was coming together, they worked with the sound designer and editor, so elements of the film like camera clicks were brought into the score. Took a video (unfortunately with terrible sound) of the latter half of his answer at the end of this album.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's been a decade since we released the original version of Shine On via 12rounds.net but it is finally getting a legitimate release on Friday via the Earthquake Bird soundtrack, complete with new English and Japanese vocals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    It's been a decade since we released the original version of Shine On via 12rounds.net but it is finally getting a legitimate release on Friday via the Earthquake Bird soundtrack, complete with new English and Japanese vocals.
    Not a fan of the reworked vocals and lyrics maybe I'm too used to the original as it is my favorite 12 Rounds track.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    So, there are two tracks not available on streaming that are marked on Amazon as "album only." Does this mean they only come with the digital download or that a physical release is being planned?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Really lovely score as usual. Highlights for me are the opening track (the 2nd half is so cool) and "Bathed in Red Light" (love the synth pads juxtaposed by all the other sonic textures). Looking forward to the film as well.

The working relationship of Trent and Atticus is pretty well-documented at this point (i.e. their roles & strengths), but I'm curious what it's like when Atticus and his brother are writing/recording. I'm guessing it's similar, but I'd love to know more specifics.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Just watched this. It was... different.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    So, there are two tracks not available on streaming that are marked on Amazon as "album only." Does this mean they only come with the digital download or that a physical release is being planned?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5k7rWWJpsq/