Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: The Twilight Zone

Mentioned
    377 Post(s)

The Twilight Zone

So, I'm loving this (the new series w/ Jordan Peele)... and I just would like to hear that other people are watching it, or what they think about it. I'm in the middle of the third episode, and I just had to pause it to exclaim my love for this.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I'm very interested in checking this out, but I just can't bring myself to pay for a streaming service for one or two shows. I'm a huge fan of the original, so I'm going to need to separate the two when I do watch it, because I know there's no way it will ever be in that league, but it definitely seems like it could be good for what it is.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    I have CBS AA because I wanted to watch Star Trek. So far I am very happy with the new TZ series.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I'm very interested in checking this out, but I just can't bring myself to pay for a streaming service for one or two shows. I'm a huge fan of the original, so I'm going to need to separate the two when I do watch it, because I know there's no way it will ever be in that league, but it definitely seems like it could be good for what it is.
    For what it’s worth, I signed up for a free month, and when I went to cancel the auto-renewal, they gave me two free months. Do with that information what you will...

On a quick note, really liking the reboot! It feels a liiiittle “Twilight Zone lite” so far, but I haven’t been unimpressed by anything yet. Next episode with Steven Yeun looks awesome, can’t wait.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 04-16-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Overall, I've been enjoying the new series, but does anyone else think the show is a bit preachy and heavy-handed with the social commentary?

Not All Men didn't even make sense. If the meteorite wasn't really responsible for the men acting crazy, why did their eyes turn blood red? And what is the episode saying? Virtually all men are potential rapists and murders and will act on that innate impulse because of a magic rock from outter space? Most of the men wouldn't even be aware of the meteor shower and wouldn't have used that as an excuse.