Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney+

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    So I’m sitting with my daughter watching the original dumbo when I completely forgot about the sad moment with his mom. Fuckin a that tore me up. My wife came in asking if I was right, I just told her “Fucking Disney, man”.
    for some reason, my good friend's sister played "baby mine" at his wedding (per his request). everyone​ was crying.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    By any chance, has anyone watched Boogedy yet? Really, really curious to know if it looks good as compared to other options that have been around lately.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    also, you can upgrade your Hulu to add Disney + for an extra buck a month, and get ESPN+ too if that's your thing.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    can you go the other direction? If you have D+ can you add Hulu?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    also, you can upgrade your Hulu to add Disney + for an extra buck a month, and get ESPN+ too if that's your thing.
    I bet I can't do that with the Hulu/Spotify deal at $10 per month...or can I?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    are you fucking kidding me???​ why wasn't that advertised (or e-mailed out by hulu!?). if i had known i wouldn't have to drop so much money for the three-year subscription to disney+ all at once, i never would have done it. god damnit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So my kids watched Aladdin 2&3, Little Mermaid 2, and Lion King 2 twice. Fun time.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I bet I can't do that with the Hulu/Spotify deal at $10 per month...or can I?
    I think you need to have Hulu with no ads, that's it, which you can upgrade to with the Spotify deal I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    are you fucking kidding me???​ why wasn't that advertised (or e-mailed out by hulu!?). if i had known i wouldn't have to drop so much money for the three-year subscription to disney+ all at once, i never would have done it. god damnit.
    I just found out about it before my trial expired. It's still a decent price, but maybe call their help line and they can work it out with you.

Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    can you go the other direction? If you have D+ can you add Hulu?
    I think so... it's a little confusing but it considers them all a similar login if you go through the right portal. it's really weird that none of it is managed like a normal add-on subscription via Hulu.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 11-18-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Off to a great start...

THOUSANDS OF DISNEY+ CUSTOMERS HAVE HAD THEIR ACCOUNTS HACKED AND PUT UP ON THE DARK WEB
    https://www.nme.com/news/film/thousa...hacked-2569113

People have also had their account info changed on them.
    Last edited by neorev; 11-18-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Off to a great start...

THOUSANDS OF DISNEY+ CUSTOMERS HAVE HAD THEIR ACCOUNTS HACKED AND PUT UP ON THE DARK WEB

cool. cool. cool cool cool.

fuck.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Off to a great start...

No one has had their account "hacked". Morons who use the same password for every single account and have already had that information breached in the past have - unsurprisingly - had their credentials guessed by simple bots that take pre-existing lists and try them on other services.

This "hack" didn't happen to you unless you're using passwords that were already stolen from other phishing expeditions.

edit: just to clarify, the accounts were not compromised due to a lack of security on Disney's part; they were stolen using simple tricks that can ONLY be stopped by using common-sense practices on the user's end. I'm not victim-blaming anyone because it's still the thieves' fault, but the users, not Disney, are the ones who bear the burden of making their accounts accessible to nefarious actors in the first place.
    Last edited by theimage13; 11-20-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    No one has had their account "hacked". Morons who use the same password for every single account and have already had that information breached in the past have - unsurprisingly - had their credentials guessed by simple bots that take pre-existing lists and try them on other services.

This "hack" didn't happen to you unless you're using passwords that were already stolen from other phishing expeditions.

edit: just to clarify, the accounts were not compromised due to a lack of security on Disney's part; they were stolen using simple tricks that can ONLY be stopped by using common-sense practices on the user's end. I'm not victim-blaming anyone because it's still the thieves' fault, but the users, not Disney, are the ones who bear the burden of making their accounts accessible to nefarious actors in the first place.
    PS in case anyone doesn't know, the most secure passwords are not some bullshit combo of random letters and symbols, they're three unrelated words in a row. chickenballsurfing for example (you're welcome).

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    PS in case anyone doesn't know, the most secure passwords are not some bullshit combo of random letters and symbols, they're three unrelated words in a row. chickenballsurfing for example (you're welcome).
    Do you have a source? I'd genuinely be interested in reading the explanation. (I'd heard in the past that something like a short phrase was "just as safe" as a totally random letter / number / symbol combo, but didn't get an explanation to why. My understanding has always been that anything with real words is relatively insecure because of "dictionary attacks".)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Do you have a source? I'd genuinely be interested in reading the explanation. (I'd heard in the past that something like a short phrase was "just as safe" as a totally random letter / number / symbol combo, but didn't get an explanation to why. My understanding has always been that anything with real words is relatively insecure because of "dictionary attacks".)
    i don't remember but i was told about it while taking a networking class. wish i had a linkable source.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    *takes notes*

Didn't work guys, it's not his password.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    There's an xkcd for that:

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    All right, this got me going down a rabbit hole, and now I'm on howsecureismypassword.net

According to them, the password "not password" would take 55 years for a computer to crack. Huh. (And before you try it, correcthorsebatterystaple would be guessed "almost instantly", with the comic above cited as evidence).

Sorry, this is wayyyyyy off topic.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    There's an xkcd for that:
    THAT WAS MY SOURCE! hahahahah thank you for remembering what i didn't!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Milking it for literally everything it's worth...there will now be a Star Wars themed game show hosted by Ahmed Best on Disney+ in 2020.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

the dude doing it is a huge game show nerd and won an emmy for the Arrested Development skit on the Star Wars Show so I think it's in good hands at this point.

Also bringing in Ahmed Best after the shit he's gotten is a definite........

*puts on shades*

+.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Also bringing in Ahmed Best after the shit he's gotten is a definite........

*puts on shades*

+.
    Delete this.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Delete this.

uhYEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Son of a bitch. Disney was quietly working on a new TRON series for Disney+ but it's apparently already been scrapped. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Son of a bitch. Disney was quietly working on a new TRON series for Disney+ but it's apparently already been scrapped. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Black Widow next?

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    well, while I'm sure it's either good or sad news for the fifteen or so people who were actually really excited to see the movie adaptation of Mulan, but I'm still wondering what the final tally is going to be when Disney starts calculating its losses. I'm sure they can counterbalance it with the fact that Disney+ subscriptions are certainly boosted because of the pandemic, how much money is Disney losing every day Disneyland (and the other Disney parks around the world) remain closed?

Even considering how much power and money Disney has, they can't survive this if it's going to realistically last 3 years.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    well, while I'm sure it's either good or sad news for the fifteen or so people who were actually really excited to see the movie adaptation of Mulan, but I'm still wondering what the final tally is going to be when Disney starts calculating its losses. I'm sure they can counterbalance it with the fact that Disney+ subscriptions are certainly boosted because of the pandemic, how much money is Disney losing every day Disneyland (and the other Disney parks around the world) remain closed?

Even considering how much power and money Disney has, they can't survive this if it's going to realistically last 3 years.
    I think you're underestimating Disney's pockets. They will be fine no matter how things shake out with Covid. They bath in money. Think about ALL the revenue streams they have. It's staggering.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Black Widow next?
    Yep. $29.99 on Disney Plus in November.

Or immediately available bootlegged in full 4K/1080P everywhere else.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    This...really sucks for me. I was really looking forward to this, but i just cannot in the current climate justify £30 (on top of Disney +) to watch a 2 hour film on my 720p PC monitor.

I get they have priced it as a family going to the cinema (around $30-40 for the trip) but i cannot imagine many will swallow this for a live action remake of a film many didn't ask for. Also many are struggling, families included, i'd imagine a lot will see the price and just say "lets watch something else...like the animated version"

I see this as a test from Disney to see just how viable going straight to VOD will be, releasing on their own terms...but this will suck for cinemas. Going to the cinema (before the ass sucking of 202 started!) was one of the few times i was able to get out my flat, and the thought of that vanishing really...hurts.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    This...really sucks for me. I was really looking forward to this, but i just cannot in the current climate justify £30 (on top of Disney +) to watch a 2 hour film on my 720p PC monitor.
    Mr Haysey, let me introduce you to my good friend, F-Movies. https://fmovies.to/ You 2 will be best of friends, forever. I guarantee.

well, while I'm sure it's either good or sad news for the fifteen or so people who were actually really excited to see the movie adaptation of Mulan,
    My girlfriend and her friend are two. Sounds like Mr Haysey right above me was another. So we just have to figure out who the other 12 are...
    Last edited by ManBurning; 08-05-2020 at 05:05 AM.