Mandalorian is fucking great

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Mandalorian is fucking great
    100% agreed

awesome design? check
    fantastic score? check
    some amazing cameos? check (especially brian posehn haha)
    that old "star wars" feeling mixed with a gritty, darker tone? check

some of the CGI is a bit rough, but it's not unbearable. i much prefer the little bits of puppetry we got, Spoiler: especially salacious crumb's cousin in a cage.
    IG-11 was particularly awesome. i love taika waititi so much.
    and can we talk about how Spoiler: fucking adorable that baby yoda was!?!? i still don't think we've ever found out the name of yoda's species, but whatever it is, they're so freakin' cute when they're tiny!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Costume design is so on point. Everything oozes Star Wars from the environment, down to the practical effects. Really hope we see more of Waititi's character!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    anyone using the app through a PS4? Can't get the subtitles to actually appear on screen even when activated.

I have spoken.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 11-14-2019 at 01:04 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    OK quick question, do you think i'd be able to use it with a VPN?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Mandalorian certainly looks good, but the story for this was a bit wonky I have to say. Loved Werner Herzog in this and I really really adore the design for our title character mixed with the Star Wars/Spaghetti Western/Blade Runner soundtrack.

I guess if you liked Rogue One this is just for you and I can't wait for more. Just wished the episode lasted maybe 20 minutes longer. 38 minutes was a tad too short for my taste.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    100% agreed

awesome design? check
    fantastic score? check
    some amazing cameos? check (especially brian posehn haha)
    that old "star wars" feeling mixed with a gritty, darker tone? check

some of the CGI is a bit rough, but it's not unbearable. i much prefer the little bits of puppetry we got, Spoiler: especially salacious crumb's cousin in a cage.
    IG-11 was particularly awesome. i love taika waititi so much.
    and can we talk about how Spoiler: fucking adorable that baby yoda was!?!? i still don't think we've ever found out the name of yoda's species, but whatever it is, they're so freakin' cute when they're tiny!
    Agreed with pretty much everything. I was thinking about a few plot points...

Spoiler: I don't think the IG unit was sent by Herzog's character, but rather someone else. He wanted the baby Yoda (no, in canon they've never said what the race is called) preferably alive, though the IG unit's main directive upon sight was to kill it. Perhaps two factions going after the same being, and my theory is of course the fact that it's most likely EXTREMELY force-sensitive. I think it was in Clone Wars (?) where everyone was going around kidnapping force-sensitive babies and children to harness their power.

I loved the first episode and can't wait until tomorrow to see the second, just wish it was longer than 38 minutes...it seemed to fly by.

Also, Dyn Jarren is a more badass name than Boba Fett. Don't @ me.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Speaking of names...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I thought the first episode was good. I am much more excited for the potential of the season now. Does anyone know if new episodes will be available at midnight?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Speaking of names...

Yeah Bill confirmed it a few months ago, probably just another once scene cameo like we saw with Posehn and Nolte.

As for episode 2, the first dropped at something like 3am PT so I'd assume it's the same for tomorrow.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    My husband and kids are very excited about Star Wars and the Disney cartoons, but I didn't realize that National Geographic content would be on Disney+ too! I'm watching "Before the Flood" right now for the first time.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    anyone using the app through a PS4? Can't get the subtitles to actually appear on screen even when activated.

I have spoken.
    The app on PS4 works smoothly... Then it doesn't. It definitely needs some work for fluent play without little problems here and there. I re-downloaded the app for the subtitle problem and it worked.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Digging the streaming service so far. We watched The Lady and the Tramp remake last night and it was cute, but nothing spectacular.

I loved the first episode of the Mandalorian. My only gripe is how short it was. I was really expecting it to be 40-55 minutes long.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Watching all the old character shorts brings me back to my childhood. I am happy this service exists.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Watching all the old character shorts brings me back to my childhood. I am happy this service exists.
    This. Also being able to watch a Playlist of the old X-men and Spidey shows and fall asleep to them is nothing short of amazing.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    you guys have convinced me. I'll probably order it within the next two weeks.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Being able to watch BRINK again was worth price of admission alone.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    i had such a crush on erik von detten haha

he's...definitely not as cute as he used to be

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Hope a release date for Disney+ over here is coming soon. There are alot of shows I would love to see again in good quality. Especially Gargoyles for guilty pleausre, but apart from that there are quite a few original series that are intruiging.

Then again... I rarely watch Netflix these days, although there is plenty I have to watch. Shit's getting expensive with amazon, Netflix, Spotify and now Disney...
    Last edited by dlb; 11-15-2019 at 03:14 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I loved some of the Disney Channel original movies as a kid. I'll probably rewatch a few of them like Can of Worms, Halloweentown, Brink!, and Smart House. Can't wait to see how terribly some of these aged.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    started a show last night but it only played the voices, none of the music or sound effects were working. wtf kind of glitch is that?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    started a show last night but it only played the voices, none of the music or sound effects were working. wtf kind of glitch is that?
    Haven't experienced that. Did you try a different show/movie or try it on a different device? I've been using D+ on my FireTV and haven't really had any issues so far aside from the lack of 4k and 5.1, but that seems to just be missing functionality, not an issue with the service itself.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I did - right after that was Mando and it worked great. just a weird bug.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Seems every platform has a different bug or glitch. For me, the functionality has been progressively better by the day; mainly on my PS4.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    probably an issue with the 5.1 encoding, and it wouldn't necessarily matter whether you were listening to it in 5.1 or not.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    is there a "continue watching" tab? if not, does it let you pick up from where you left off? (haven't ordered it just yet)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    No, unless you put what you are watching in the app's watchlist. But you can pick up where you left off.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    thanks

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    So I’m sitting with my daughter watching the original dumbo when I completely forgot about the sad moment with his mom. Fuckin a that tore me up. My wife came in asking if I was right, I just told her “Fucking Disney, man”.