Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
This makes it a little bit better. Like I said, ultimately I'm not in the market for this but I really don't want to see this model catch on.
suddenly I am reminded of VHS rental market pricing where it was $99 and up for a movie. the difference there is that at least you got to keep the movie where here it's only yours for as long as you have an active sub.
Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
It's not worth much really... it'll be "free" on Disney+ anyway in a few months I'm sure.

As far as the whole VoD option, I don't know. I did this w/ The Invisible Man. I paid 20 bucks to rent it... it was the novelty of it. I wanted to see if psychologically it felt "different" from just watching something I haven't seen on Netflix.

I felt like a moron for renting Invisible Man for that much money, and I don't think any of that has to do with the fact that I just didn't think the movie was that great.

With Mulan, I think Disney is really just saying "fuck it, let's see if we can squeeze a few extra dollars out of this before we throw it on Disney+"
It wasn't a movie that people seemed really excited about. It wasn't Tenet or Top Gun.

If they announced that Tenet was going to be VoD, 30 bucks, I'm sure a lot of people would just do it.

One of the things that isn't really being looked at here though is at a $30 asking price, it's encouraging people to socialize and gather together and share the price and watch it together... and that was the whole reason we closed the movie theaters to begin with.
my wife said "if we rent it we're going to make sure people are here to see it" so yeah.