Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 181 to 199 of 199

Thread: Lil Nas X samples 34 Ghosts IV - Old Town Road

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,201
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I just can't with this.
    predicting the acceptance speech; "Said nothing, won a CMA. But this makes about as much sense as Broken winning in Metal..."

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,172
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)

    A post shared by on


  3. #183
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    3,986
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Anderson.Paak gets in on the act with a jazzy interpretation.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    1,593
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)



  5. #185
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Bronx
    Posts
    284
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    TR has finally commented on the Ghosts sample in Old Town Road! He's okay with it, and doesn't want to make a big deal about it because he wants the focus to be on the people who used the sample to make something different with it.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...n-road-903889/

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,210
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Nicholas View Post
    TR has finally commented on the Ghosts sample in Old Town Road! He's okay with it, and doesn't want to make a big deal about it because he wants the focus to be on the people who used the sample to make something different with it.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...n-road-903889/
    I love Trent was offered a part in the video. I would have hated him doing some campy shit, but I would have loved a quick shot of Trent and Atticus sitting in a saloon in black cowboy garb.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,218
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    I love Trent was offered a part in the video. I would have hated him doing some campy shit, but I would have loved a quick shot of Trent and Atticus sitting in a saloon in black cowboy garb.
    It also feels like a missed opportunity for me to look cool in front of my kids.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    518
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I think Trent & Atticus have already won a CMA award for this. They announced a few winners ahead of the broadcast & Old Town won country event of the year. It was the only category the song was nominated in. Will make a nice door stop for Trent's bathroom, haha. Eddie Vedder uses a MTV award for that purpose. In the meanwhile, Trent conquers the universe...

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    434
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    An article about the aforementioned CMA and Trent's amazing tweet image:
    https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...Bx80a-Fj15-4dY

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    518
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    An article about the aforementioned CMA and Trent's amazing tweet image:
    https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...Bx80a-Fj15-4dY

    the original photo was brooks & dunn

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brossard, QC
    Posts
    660
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What did I miss? What is this song? Wow! 1 BILLION VIEWS on Youtube!!? Goddamn!

    (I've seen this thread, but I thought that "rapper uses sample" was not newsworthy. So I didn't read anything.)

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,900
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Trent's tombstone will now say "Did absolutely nothing. Won a CMA Award."

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    549
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Mariqueen posted a great photo related to this on her IG story. I'd post it but it seems like going to check it out for yourself is more appropriate.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,210
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Forget EGOT, Trent is 3/4 of the way to EGOC now! Bring on that Emmy for the Watchmen score!

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    8,399
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Mariqueen posted a great photo related to this on her IG story. I'd post it but it seems like going to check it out for yourself is more appropriate.
    glasses!trent is...so cute. heh

  16. #196
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    518
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    What did I miss? What is this song? Wow! 1 BILLION VIEWS on Youtube!!? Goddamn!

    (I've seen this thread, but I thought that "rapper uses sample" was not newsworthy. So I didn't read anything.)

    the single was #1 on billboard for 19 straight weeks which i think is a record run

  17. #197
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,347
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    According to this article, Johnny Cash’s version of Hurt won a CMA award for single and video of the year and those categories don’t recognise songwriters so Trent never got his due, so this is well overdue!
    https://slate.com/culture/2019/11/tr...lil-nas-x.html

  18. #198
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    518
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    According to this article, Johnny Cash’s version of Hurt won a CMA award for single and video of the year and those categories don’t recognise songwriters so Trent never got his due, so this is well overdue!
    https://slate.com/culture/2019/11/tr...lil-nas-x.html
    bad fact checking by whoever wrote that article. called atticus ross atticus young.

  19. #199
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,347
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    bad fact checking by whoever wrote that article. called atticus ross atticus young.
    ha I didn’t notice that, if they get his name wrong they usually call him Atticus Finch after To Kill a Mockingbird!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions