Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Lil Nas X samples 34 Ghosts IV - Old Town Road

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing Watershed View Post
    Also popping in to say this post is mad dusty and shows exuberant laziness. If you can keep up with Trent over the years, you can keep up with rap/music in general. Too many new dope artists out there like Jpegmafia, J.I.D., Denzel Curry, Lizzo, Little Simz, Injury Reserve, Clipping, City Morgue, etc. to listen to instead of reminiscing and being stuck in the past on some "good 'ol days" curmudgeon shit
    Here's something from Denzel Curry that most everyone on this board can get behind (adds a nice little extra verse in there too):

and this is his newest single. It's dope:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I saw this thread a couple of weeks ago... Then this past weekend I decided to check out the Spotify Global Top 50.

This was unexpected...

#2 and over FOUR MILLION plays PER DAY?

AND

#3 and over THREE MILLION plays PER DAY!?

I don't share the hatred for this mix, and I can even dig it a little bit.

What's the big deal.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing Watershed View Post
    Also popping in to say this post is mad dusty and shows exuberant laziness. If you can keep up with Trent over the years, you can keep up with rap/music in general. Too many new dope artists out there like Jpegmafia, J.I.D., Denzel Curry, Lizzo, Little Simz, Injury Reserve, Clipping, City Morgue, etc. to listen to instead of reminiscing and being stuck in the past on some "good 'ol days" curmudgeon shit
    Cool story, bro.

Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Started following this kid on Instagram, and he's pretty funny and takes all of the random hate in stride. He's so young - hopefully he can transition this into some more long-term success as he grows.

Edit - and holy shit, I just realized who he is from Twitter! Same username, but I didn't connect the dots until I just saw one of his tweets with the familiar avatar. I'm not a big twitter user, but he's been popular on there for a long time. His shit is always getting posted in various places on reddit, which is where I've seen them for the most part. Putting this together makes me love this now!
    Last edited by Sarah K; 04-22-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Fixed

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    My god. This song is bigger than Closer now.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

also, lizzo is fucking amazing​.
    Thanks for giving me a case of Baader-Meinhof this week. I read your reply a few days ago and thought to myself "What in the hell is a Lizzo" and now I can't stop seeing this person's name EVERYWHERE in the news. Literally... Everywhere.

Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Thanks for giving me a case of Baader-Meinhof this week. I read your reply a few days ago and thought to myself "What in the hell is a Lizzo" and now I can't stop seeing this person's name EVERYWHERE in the news. Literally... Everywhere.
    well, that's because she just put out a new album, whereas she had been putting out a steady stream of singles for quite a while.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    My god. This song is bigger than Closer now.
    Well, Spotify doesn't measure plays throughout history. We'll see in 25 years.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    well, that's because she just put out a new album, whereas she had been putting out a steady stream of singles for quite a while.
    Haha, that might be true, BUT if it wasn't for you name dropping her first, I wouldn't have paid attention to the articles and would have just kept scrolling by. It's nothing I would be interested in. Even a review popped up on my YouTube sub feed and I wouldn't have even looked at it for a microsecond. So, you did kind of plant the seed to be fair, lol.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)