Thread: Lil Nas X samples 34 Ghosts IV - Old Town Road

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I am not a huge fan of the song personally, not because it isn't good, but just personal preferences. I do have to say that i LOVE seeing someone draw upon different influences like this. It's fantastic. Like what kind of person is sitting around listening to country and NIN and Trap? Sounds like an interesting person to me. I love when people break out of the rigid boxes we al place ourselves in.
    I was thinking about this the other day, when samples pop up in stuff. If some producer pays people to listen to thousands of hours of music and just take notes so they can walk into their sessions with a list of "cool samples" that hurts and is indicative of all the awful shit happening in music today, but if this dude is a fan of NIN, heard 34, and has been wanting and needing to fold it into something he's created since he first heard it, well, I guess that's better.
    It's not the most artistic or creative sampling I've ever heard, but more people hearing NIN is more people hearing NIN, whether or not they know it's NIN.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    If some producer pays people to listen to thousands of hours of music and just take notes so they can walk into their sessions with a list of "cool samples" ...
    This made me think about how it was mentioned that Trent used to make Chris V. do this back in the day (movies specifically).