Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
Phew, someone finally screamed RACISM! It wouldn't be an ETS thread without it. Lol.
You can leave at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
By the way, I don't think the problem is that he sampled it. I think the problem is that he did so in such a slapdash way. There's nothing particularly interesting about how he did it. It kind of just sits there in the mix.
Lots of producers do this nowadays due to the constant demand for the next hit song, the next big thing, etc. That's the nature of hip-hop and pop music in general. It's a different process, but I don't think it diminishes the overall effect of hearing a Trent and Atticus composition in a song that just dethroned Ariana Grande from the #1 spot on Billboard. That's a huge accomplishment. If all of the proper credits are given and rights are secured, what else is there to gripe about?

A lot of you are showing that you've never dabbled into other genres of music, especially with how pop and hip-hop songs are made currently and it shows. You don't have to like much of it (or hardly any of it like I do), but at least be knowledgeable on what you're talking about.

The credits on the already expansive Wikipedia entry for the song show all of this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Town_Road