Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 181 to 206 of 206

Thread: Lil Nas X samples 34 Ghosts IV - Old Town Road

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,322
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I just can't with this.
    predicting the acceptance speech; "Said nothing, won a CMA. But this makes about as much sense as Broken winning in Metal..."

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,230
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)

    A post shared by on


  3. #183
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,198
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Anderson.Paak gets in on the act with a jazzy interpretation.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    1,811
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)



  5. #185
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Bronx
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    TR has finally commented on the Ghosts sample in Old Town Road! He's okay with it, and doesn't want to make a big deal about it because he wants the focus to be on the people who used the sample to make something different with it.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...n-road-903889/

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,280
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Nicholas View Post
    TR has finally commented on the Ghosts sample in Old Town Road! He's okay with it, and doesn't want to make a big deal about it because he wants the focus to be on the people who used the sample to make something different with it.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...n-road-903889/
    I love Trent was offered a part in the video. I would have hated him doing some campy shit, but I would have loved a quick shot of Trent and Atticus sitting in a saloon in black cowboy garb.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,252
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    I love Trent was offered a part in the video. I would have hated him doing some campy shit, but I would have loved a quick shot of Trent and Atticus sitting in a saloon in black cowboy garb.
    It also feels like a missed opportunity for me to look cool in front of my kids.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    631
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I think Trent & Atticus have already won a CMA award for this. They announced a few winners ahead of the broadcast & Old Town won country event of the year. It was the only category the song was nominated in. Will make a nice door stop for Trent's bathroom, haha. Eddie Vedder uses a MTV award for that purpose. In the meanwhile, Trent conquers the universe...

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    448
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    An article about the aforementioned CMA and Trent's amazing tweet image:
    https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...Bx80a-Fj15-4dY

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    631
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    An article about the aforementioned CMA and Trent's amazing tweet image:
    https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...Bx80a-Fj15-4dY

    the original photo was brooks & dunn

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brossard, QC
    Posts
    686
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What did I miss? What is this song? Wow! 1 BILLION VIEWS on Youtube!!? Goddamn!

    (I've seen this thread, but I thought that "rapper uses sample" was not newsworthy. So I didn't read anything.)

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,008
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Trent's tombstone will now say "Did absolutely nothing. Won a CMA Award."

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    767
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Mariqueen posted a great photo related to this on her IG story. I'd post it but it seems like going to check it out for yourself is more appropriate.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,280
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Forget EGOT, Trent is 3/4 of the way to EGOC now! Bring on that Emmy for the Watchmen score!

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    8,717
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Mariqueen posted a great photo related to this on her IG story. I'd post it but it seems like going to check it out for yourself is more appropriate.
    glasses!trent is...so cute. heh

  16. #196
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    631
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    What did I miss? What is this song? Wow! 1 BILLION VIEWS on Youtube!!? Goddamn!

    (I've seen this thread, but I thought that "rapper uses sample" was not newsworthy. So I didn't read anything.)

    the single was #1 on billboard for 19 straight weeks which i think is a record run

  17. #197
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,384
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    According to this article, Johnny Cash’s version of Hurt won a CMA award for single and video of the year and those categories don’t recognise songwriters so Trent never got his due, so this is well overdue!
    https://slate.com/culture/2019/11/tr...lil-nas-x.html

  18. #198
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    631
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    According to this article, Johnny Cash’s version of Hurt won a CMA award for single and video of the year and those categories don’t recognise songwriters so Trent never got his due, so this is well overdue!
    https://slate.com/culture/2019/11/tr...lil-nas-x.html
    bad fact checking by whoever wrote that article. called atticus ross atticus young.

  19. #199
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,384
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    bad fact checking by whoever wrote that article. called atticus ross atticus young.
    ha I didn’t notice that, if they get his name wrong they usually call him Atticus Finch after To Kill a Mockingbird!

  20. #200
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,198
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Several Grammy nominations going to Lil Nas X, including Record of the Year for the "Old Town Road" remix featuring Billy Ray Cyrus.

    EDIT: As Billboard points out, TR & AR aren't nominated in that category as record producers even though they are credited as such on the track, which is either a snub from the nominating committee... or another deliberate choice on the part of Reznor and Ross to stay out of the spotlight.
    Last edited by botley; 11-20-2019 at 09:56 AM.

  21. #201
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Bronx
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    TR/AR or no TR/AR, Old Town Road has won Lil Nas X (and Billy Ray Cyrus) a Grammy for Best Pop Group/Duo Performance!
    https://pitchfork.com/news/grammys-2...p-performance/

  22. #202
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,322
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    What the odds for a full NIN cover (even a playful one) during the next tour cycle? I mean, there they all are, doing a Ghosts segment and well... then... Mmm.. duh duh... I'm gonna take my horse....

    Come on... Trent in chaps and a cowboy hat.

  23. #203
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    210
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Puke

  24. #204
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    988
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    What the odds for a full NIN cover (even a playful one) during the next tour cycle? I mean, there they all are, doing a Ghosts segment and well... then... Mmm.. duh duh... I'm gonna take my horse....

    Come on... Trent in chaps and a cowboy hat.
    Please no. The song is worse than dire.

  25. #205
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    What the odds for a full NIN cover (even a playful one) during the next tour cycle? I mean, there they all are, doing a Ghosts segment and well... then... Mmm.. duh duh... I'm gonna take my horse....

    Come on... Trent in chaps and a cowboy hat.
    I think it'd be funny if they trolled the audience with it. Start the song, have Trent go up to the mic, and then just laugh and shut it down....follow it with something loud and crazy energy.

  26. #206
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,322
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I think it'd be funny if they trolled the audience with it.
    Exactly... Like the Blue Screen of Death they had...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions