Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Favorite Former Members

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    What? Did I miss something or is this a troll post?

Sorry, it was my mistake , I just put my favorite members ever, everything is all right with them
    ñ_ñ

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AThousandDaysBefore View Post
    Sorry, it was my mistake , I just put my favorite members ever, everything is all right with them
    ñ_ñ
    Robin technically could be considered a former AND current member

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Josh Freese
    Danny Lohner

I've always enjoyed each live era when it was happening, but looking back on it, the With Teeth era is my least favorite live era due to North and White. However, Alessandro is my favorite live member bar none as I'm a huge fan of his work outside of NIN.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I never understood the love Aaron got. I never liked him as a guitar player. Maybe part of that was because I was pissed Robin was gone, but the whole thing with him running around on stage like he's Eddie Van Halen or some some shit. LOOK AT ME SWING MY GUITAR! LOOK AT ME JUMP OFF MONITORS! EVERYONE LOOK AT ME RUNNING AROUND ON STAGE WITH MY BIG GUITAR! It just reeked of the standard rock and roll guitar player whose guitar is an extension of his dick. Take that shit over to Motley Crue or Guns N Roses.....Not Nine Inch Nails
    I've always thought that type of thing would've fit in perfectly with Nine Inch Nails just based on what I saw on Closure. It also had me visualizing him and Trent destroying equipment together, but of course that was a different time, place, etc.

As for me, I'd definitely select Chris Vrenna, Danny Lohner, James Woolley (RIP) and Robin Finck, but I'm sure that's also from obviously re-watching Closure and Woodstock 1994 so many times.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 04-12-2019 at 04:20 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    It's hard to really rate Richard Patrick in NIN because their repertoire at the time as pretty limited, plus they had less guitars in songs like Terrible Lie and Wish, so Richard had less space to improvise, I guess.

No offense to Ilan Rubin, he's a talented guy, but every time I listen to him playing the old (pre-HM) song, I really miss Jerome's and Josh's fills. Almost every fill and solo of Ilan's somehow sounds less interesting to me than his predecessors'.

As for Jerome vs Josh: while I like Josh better overall, I prefer Jerome on some songs - Wish (verse groove), Piggy, Suck, Hurt

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    No particular order:

- Josh Freese
    - Aaron North (both his style and stage presence)
    - Charlie Clouser
    - to a lesser extent, Danny Lohner

Notes: I don’t miss the Tension line up. Drummers have always been solid in NIN. I’m really not sure what Atticus does on stage either (that’s a whole different topic I guess)

And FFS, you don’t have to be some political nut job to enjoy or not enjoy Trents work.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I've expressed my thoughts on North in another thread: basically, I LOVE the energy he brought. I do, however, prefer Robin.

Josh is amazing.

And Pino is SUCH a good bass player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aaron brought a lot of energy and what he did with The Big Come Down, Love is Not Enough or Only was really intense but I would have Robin any time instead. I enjoyed the With Teeth tour but it also felt weird to me at the time.

I always thought Justin didn't get the love he desrved. Saw them during both LITS and NINJA and he was impressive. Maybe he wasn't as comfortable as he is with Beck but the guy is tight. I liked the LITS line up.

I'm also nostalgic of the TF line up because it was "my first time" but when I watch videos from that era I think the current line up is stronger.
    Last edited by Frydek; 04-13-2019 at 08:41 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think my favorite former member is Jerome. Loved his drumming and I think he really fit the band. I don't think a NIN drummer has to be extremely technical and I liked his approach. His drumming in "Piggy" on AATCHB is amazing.

His project nearLY was also pretty cool. Would love to see the guy playing with Trent again. I have no idea what he's up to these days.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
    I think my favorite former member is Jerome. Loved his drumming and I think he really fit the band. I don't think a NIN drummer has to be extremely technical and I liked his approach. His drumming in "Piggy" on AATCHB is amazing.

His project nearLY was also pretty cool. Would love to see the guy playing with Trent again. I have no idea what he's up to these days.
    He has some score work on his bandcamp along with a song he did with Persia White. However, that and his twitter haven't been updated since 2013.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Favorite Former members...let’s see...

DrunkPoet
    Saturnine
    Wix
    GentleRed
    Antioch

There’s more, but I can’t remember their names

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Alex Carapetis
    I have this mo'fo's signature on my ticket stub. U jelly?

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Favorite Former members...let’s see...

DrunkPoet
    Saturnine
    Wix
    GentleRed
    Antioch

There’s more, but I can’t remember their names
    No love for cashpiles?
    Last edited by ManBurning; 04-22-2019 at 01:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    He has some score work on his bandcamp along with a song he did with Persia White. However, that and his twitter haven't been updated since 2013.
    He's on Instagram. He posts from time to time. He moved back to his hometown of Columbus and married some nude model from New Zealand. I live in southern Ohio so I always tell my friends to check for any Jerome spottings around the city!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post

No love for cashpiles?
    Oh man, can forget him...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    This is pre W_T and it is interesting to see NINs W_T live lineup sans TR/AC on stage together... tight group!!!!! It's like APC went on break in 2005 and NIN took over. One of my favs!!!!

Last edited by snaapz; 04-23-2019 at 11:07 AM.