Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Sekiro

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I can't believe I still haven't beaten this. To the best of my knowledge, there's three bosses left, the Father Owl, the Demon of Hatred, and Isshin... and after trying Owl and seeing what people are saying about these fights.... geeez... I just don't know if it's that I feel intimidated to endure the frustration, or if I just am not feeling this enough to try.
    I played tonight randomly and lost epically to Genichiro Ashina. I think I'm done with the game. That's my brick wall and I can't say I'm really compelled to return to it after a multi-week hiatus.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    There's a bunch of mini bosses around that time too, but they're all pushovers. One of them, the seven swords, is a pair of samurai in a combined space, it's on the way to isshin and is actually avoidable. It can be infuriating but there's a simple trick where you take a stealth potion or whatever and mind control one of them.

Demon of hatred isn't exactly hard, even as he's super weak to a specific piece of gear, but it is long and because of that the opportunity for getting your foot stuck on a rock or hitting a wall or accidentally running off a cliff is amplified especially in that arena.

The Owl himself is actually quite easy because he has one attack that he over telegraph's an if you can play keep away and chip down that attack it's a breeze.

Isshin is just tedious and has the same terrain issues as DoH just not as bad. By the time I did it I came up with a sprinting route and geographical referencesto avoid getting cliffed. Still takes forever.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    There's a bunch of mini bosses around that time too, but they're all pushovers. One of them, the seven swords, is a pair of samurai in a combined space, it's on the way to isshin and is actually avoidable. It can be infuriating but there's a simple trick where you take a stealth potion or whatever and mind control one of them.
    I got through that one.. the best solution I found was to run in, use the silence sugar for stealth, then sneak up and get a lifebar kill on the boss, then to run over and use the blood smoke ninjutsu on the sleeping guy to the left, then, while the two samurai are stunned from the smoke, go up to the backup samurai and puppeteer stab him so he joins you in the fight against the boss. Makes it SUPER easy.

The Owl himself is actually quite easy because he has one attack that he over telegraph's an if you can play keep away and chip down that attack it's a breeze.
    Which attack is that?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I got through that one.. the best solution I found was to run in, use the silence sugar for stealth, then sneak up and get a lifebar kill on the boss, then to run over and use the blood smoke ninjutsu on the sleeping guy to the left, then, while the two samurai are stunned from the smoke, go up to the backup samurai and puppeteer stab him so he joins you in the fight against the boss. Makes it SUPER easy.

Which attack is that?
    It's an attack where he leaps high in the air and flips into a downward slash, which is followed by a pause. You can dodge the slash to the side and get in a cut or two and then bounce

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    If anyone at least loves the artwork of From games (like I do) the artbook for Sekiro is on sale right now. Releases in October.

https://www.amazon.com/Sekiro-Shadow.../dp/1975316304